PDA

View Full Version : Clean up time

Senninha
18-08-2006, 07:48 AM
I dont think I'm the only one who DOES'NT appreciate the less than desirable posts that have been appearing lately.

I note that Darren has kindly offered to assist the site admin to rid us of these unwanted intrusions, thanx Darren.

May I ask that some action is taken to delete these posts and their authors from our site as a matter of urgency please.

Regards

simonprelude
18-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Second that.

Is the moderation different on other sites or is nsxcb being targeted for some reason ??

NSX 2000
18-08-2006, 11:49 AM
We have a web site that you can click on to email us an enquiry and I get them all, at the moment I'm getting about 20 a day with details to by drugs or enlarge one's man hood or buy some unknown shares in the US, so I think the scammers have just got better at writing programmes that enable them to put up a post then a link to some doddgy website :evil:

It appears there are some people out there who have nothing better to do than waste evreybody elses time :evil:

Lankstarr
18-08-2006, 01:14 PM
seems funny that they have only appeared since "Off topic" was made and most are in "Off topic".

Maybe a cople of the top posters could be given rights to delte mails from people with less than 10 posts... I'm sure they wouldn't abuse it ... but I dont know how techy you need to get to do that sort of thing :?

rkanaga
18-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Yes, PLEASE guys this needs to stop. As a newbie this isn't what I want to read!

ctrlaltdelboy
18-08-2006, 11:43 PM
ok guys - I'm trying my best, but with limited mod status there's only so much I can do

I'm on holiday for 2 weeks now too, so access may be limited - need to leech WLAN access where I can find it!!

BrownBear
19-08-2006, 05:09 AM
If you'd like to help out, you can pm Kevin and volunteer - looking at the Moderator list on most of the Forums it's just Kevin, Darren and myself - so a few more would probably be in line with the expansion of the membership/traffic..

Given that Kevin and I don't visit on a daily basis (weekly in my case), Darren could probably do with the help!!

britlude
19-08-2006, 09:11 AM
I've noticed increasingly on other sites that there's a validation code added (a number/letter code that's distorted so ppl can read them but computers cannot) maybe we can add this for new user registration.

forumadmin
19-08-2006, 09:21 AM
This site has a visual verification for new people that sign up. These people must be finding a way round it.

I changed the verification setting, as people were being deactivated when they changed email address. I have set it back. I have to manually approve each new user again.

I will try and find a better visual verification system.

I don't see why some people even bother to sign up. There are loads of people who join up, and then never post. You can read everything without joining.

britlude
19-08-2006, 08:38 PM
some other forums run a system whereby people are encouraged to post in an 'introduce yourself' area, and it's made clear if no posts are made by a particular time non-posters will be deleted...

but that still won't solve the 'how do I post a picture' gambits!

imvarma
21-08-2006, 07:29 PM
This site has a visual verification for new people that sign up. These people must be finding a way round it.
indeed they have as it is a standard feature and thus easy to predict, a solution is to use an alternative text verification addon for the forum :wink:

forumadmin
21-08-2006, 07:57 PM
indeed they have as it is a standard feature and thus easy to predict, a solution is to use an alternative text verification addon for the forum :wink:

Well gee, thanks for the help :roll: