PDA

View Full Version : Special cats, and I don't mean Felix?

AR
17-08-2006, 11:52 PM
My 1994 NSX-R Cats have Lambda sensors attached. Does anyone knows if this is peculiar to the NA1NSX-R or are my Cats special?

Cheers

AR

ctrlaltdelboy
18-08-2006, 08:46 AM
all NSXs have them at some point in the exhaust system, mounting points tend to be either in the final bit of the header pipe or in the cat section itself

Lankstarr
18-08-2006, 08:52 AM
you wanna get rid of those cats mate, surely they are slowing you down :lol:

Procar Specials
18-08-2006, 01:39 PM
My 1994 NSX-R Cats have Lambda sensors attached. Does anyone knows if this is peculiar to the NA1NSX-R or are my Cats special?

The standard NA1R dont have Lambda sensors attached at the cats.
The old NSX-R use the engine concept from 1992, also the same exhaust including cats.
Only the muffler and the end pipes are different.

Seems that you got a test car.

Do you know that your cats weight 10,3 kg and have 500 cpi ?

You can increase your engine power taking some Random technology
cats with 300 cpi and 4 kg.

The ultimative solution is this ..... if you hate cats :P
ARC titanium test pipes (0,7 +0,8 kg)

AR
21-08-2006, 06:05 AM
Cheers for the answers, nice test pipes Detlef.

The mechanic at Honda was baffled by the extra pair of Lambda sensors. As far as I knew only OBD II cars had them in the cats like my old 99 3.2L. He suggested that perhaps they were for tuning, but the cats look stock so it must be OEM.

I would love to get the test pipes, but in all honestly in this country with a car that requires them for MOT testing is more of a hassle than the benefits. I will look at Hi- Flow cats at some point in the future.

Cheers

AR

jaytip
23-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Cheers for the answers, nice test pipes Detlef.

The mechanic at Honda was baffled by the extra pair of Lambda sensors. As far as I knew only OBD II cars had them in the cats like my old 99 3.2L. He suggested that perhaps they were for tuning, but the cats look stock so it must be OEM.

I would love to get the test pipes, but in all honestly in this country with a car that requires them for MOT testing is more of a hassle than the benefits. I will look at Hi- Flow cats at some point in the future.

Cheers

AR
If your car has a private plate you can(allegedly)put the year of manufacture down on the MOT certificate as a 91 and thereby negate the need for cats(i think)

AR
23-08-2006, 09:47 AM
I don't think the new computerized Big Brother MOT system allows this anymore.