PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a spare £POA?

RedCarsGoFaster
17-11-2021, 06:04 PM
Yokoo Auto have a 1999 Formula Red Type S up for sale.

http://www.yokooauto.com/vcsMember/stockdetail/747-2_241.html

3.2 litres, six speed, pop-ups, all the lightweighting bits . . . I think it just might be my perfect NSX. Sadly I doubt that the sum total of my entire worldly wealth would secure such a thing!

NSXGB
17-11-2021, 06:22 PM
I've never seen one with red seats, only blue or orange.

Heineken
17-11-2021, 07:20 PM
It looks like it received a set of modifications since it doesn't seem like a custom order model (judging from the entrance plaque), but I might be wrong ..

NZNick
18-11-2021, 07:41 AM
I've never seen one with red seats, only blue or orange.
Factory colours for Type S seat cushions and door cards were orange, blue, & black.
The red looks to be the same fabric, and matches the Formula Red paint very well.
Car is very similar to mine, but has PAS, the earlier ABS system, carbon door switch panels, an Alpine branded CD changer, a stubby aerial, silver wheels, and no LEV sticker.

RedCarsGoFaster
18-11-2021, 09:58 AM
Now that I look carefully, the wheels look like the Mita reproductions rather than the original BBS Type S wheels. It's not just the colour, I think there's a slight difference in the spoke profile.

Yokoo say it's an original - or at least they don't say it's a conversion - but from what you guys are saying it's clearly had quite some effort put into it to turn it into someone's ideal spec.

I still think it's a fantastic looking car . . .

NZNick
18-11-2021, 08:21 PM
The BBS Type S wheels were available in 2 colours from the factory - most were the lighter silver iirc.
I think that the owner has simply specified a red interior to match the paint colour, updated the CD changer & aerial, swapped in the carbon door switch panels.
It's definitely a 1999 Type S, but not one from after September? when they updated the ABS and changed the model code to GH-NA2.