PDA

View Full Version : Another South-West mini meet September 25th

Papalazarou
06-07-2021, 07:18 PM
Here we go, another SW mini meet for anyone who wasn’t in the three cars that made it last time. Now it’s in the end of September, which means anyone with a non-working main relay, overdue cambelt service, worn brakes, covid-19 or fear of anywhere outside the home counties has time to get their car fixed or get some counselling.

It will start from Dunster train station again at 9.30am. Ok call it 10. For anyone wishing to use the “what 3 word method.” It’s “Dunster-Train-Station!”
The itinerary is; drive a short distance - coffee at the highest village on Exmoor - drive some more - lunch - drive some more - home or lodgings.
The roads are still awesome and mostly quiet, the pub is great and the drive back on the coast is beautiful. Gosh I am welling up just thinking about it.

James.

Senninha
06-07-2021, 08:38 PM
Well done for setting another date James …

From home to the starting point according to Mr AA, 4 hrs 22 mins … so I need a plan …

Option 1 - set of stupidly early
Option 2 - work from Farnborough office on Friday, use BB overnight
Option 3 - read about another day out on September 26th

Option 2 is favourite, anyone know of a BB en route from F’boro to starting point with safe parking?

Papalazarou
06-07-2021, 09:02 PM
Well done for setting another date James …

From home to the starting point according to Mr AA, 4 hrs 22 mins … so I need a plan …

Option 1 - set of stupidly early
Option 2 - work from Farnborough office on Friday, use BB overnight
Option 3 - read about another day out on September 26th

Option 2 is favourite, anyone know of a BB en route from F’boro to starting point with safe parking?

Paul,

There are a lot of b&bs down here. There’s another forum member coming down on the Friday and staying locally, so you’re welcome to join us for dinner.

Cheers,

James.

RedCarsGoFaster
08-07-2021, 10:59 AM
I have marked this date in my diary :)

My NSX does have a habit of being down for maintenance when I actually want to use it, but should that be the case on this weekend then my backup car is still a mid-engined two seater . . .

Papalazarou
07-09-2021, 08:28 AM
Just wanted to give this a nudge for anyone who would like to attend. I think we have five or six cars so far.

Cheers,

James.

mutley
07-09-2021, 11:14 AM
I have a good excuse ( other than the 1202 mile round trip from Lossiemouth) but the car is away to get its well overdue cosmetic work done.

Cheers
Jim

wixer
07-09-2021, 05:48 PM
I might be able to attend but depends on daughter visiting arrangements over that weekend, so provisionally I'm in. Be nice to use the car for something other than the commute to work.

RedCarsGoFaster
07-09-2021, 07:32 PM
My NSX is currently out of action - would there be any objection if I turned up in my Elise instead?

Papalazarou
07-09-2021, 08:44 PM
My NSX is currently out of action - would there be any objection if I turned up in my Elise instead?

No problem. All are welcome. I haven’t seen an elise for a while. Haven’t been in one for probably 20 years.

Cheers.

Senninha
07-09-2021, 08:52 PM
Hi James,

Been thrown a curve ball I cannot move for this weekend … my daughter being invited to take her Black Belt Karate grading …

I hope you get a good turn-out, and a run in the Elise (miss mine a lot)

So sadly it will be option 3 for me!

All the best, Paul

Papalazarou
08-09-2021, 06:21 AM
Hi James,

Been thrown a curve ball I cannot move for this weekend … my daughter being invited to take her Black Belt Karate grading …

I hope you get a good turn-out, and a run in the Elise (miss mine a lot)

So sadly it will be option 3 for me!

All the best, Paul

That’s a shame, but fully understand. Good luck with the black belt!

Cheers.

RedCarsGoFaster
08-09-2021, 10:37 AM
I do enjoy the idea of an Elise being the rare and popular car *at an NSX owners club meeting*! :D

Papalazarou
13-09-2021, 09:27 PM
So who’s coming then?

wixer
16-09-2021, 03:08 PM
Hopefully I will be.

Papalazarou
16-09-2021, 04:25 PM
Hopefully I will be.

Great. Hopefully see you there.

Cheers.

Graham
17-09-2021, 10:13 AM
Rena and I hope to join you.

Papalazarou
17-09-2021, 07:34 PM
Rena and I hope to join you.

Great, look forward to seeing you guys.

RedCarsGoFaster
18-09-2021, 12:43 PM
Still planning to be there with my Elise :)

wixer
24-09-2021, 05:15 PM
Apologies, will have to cancel. Have a great time.

Papalazarou
26-09-2021, 08:50 AM
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who made the journey to my Somerset cul de sac! We had six cars. Five NSX’s and an Elise.
The weather held out with only a bit of mist and a few wet sections early on. The roads were also pretty quiet, so progress was good.
Interestingly (or maybe not) none of the cars had PAS.
All in all we did over 100 miles (or at least I did). Everyone else no doubt did another 100 miles getting here.
Anyway, it was a reminder of how much I’ve missed these days, that were quite common early on in my NSX ownership. These meets actually puts my ownership in context and remind me that the car is a hobby with friends.
Anyway, here are some pictures from the day.

If anyone has some more pics, please post them up.

Cheers,
James.

Papalazarou
26-09-2021, 09:00 AM
Another one……

sorepaws
26-09-2021, 10:15 AM
Another one……

Nice to see so many out and having fun :D - did you travel the B3339 ? referred to in a Monty Python sketch.

Papalazarou
26-09-2021, 10:42 AM
Nice to see so many out and having fun :D - did you travel the B3339 ? referred to in a Monty Python sketch.

No, but we did travel on the B3227. The infamous B-road of Exmoor!

Kaz-kzukNA1
26-09-2021, 10:52 AM
Nice to see the cars being driven and covering such long distance for a mini-meet.

Would love to join in the future as haven't been to the area for over 10 years now.

Hope everyone is doing fine.

Kaz

Papalazarou
26-09-2021, 11:27 AM
Nice to see the cars being driven and covering such long distance for a mini-meet.

Would love to join in the future as haven't been to the area for over 10 years now.

Hope everyone is doing fine.

Kaz

Hey Kaz,

You are welcome. However, I understand the distances involved are pretty large. So I guess for many it would have to be a weekend proposition. We are thinking about a meet later in the year. So perhaps we will attempt something a bit different.

Cheers.

m666 edd
26-09-2021, 09:13 PM
Great day. Thanks for organising and all that came.

RedCarsGoFaster
27-09-2021, 05:26 PM
I reckon I did about 270 miles in the Elise over the course of the day, and have lost track of how many times I crossed Exmoor - good day out!

Was good to meet everyone, and great to see so many NSX out at once - thanks to James for organising. With luck my NSX will be available again by the time the next meeting comes up!

Senninha
03-10-2021, 01:29 PM
Great to see a good turn out. Apologies that I couldn’t make it this time around, however the result of supporting my little girl was a fantastic achievement for her ….

I’m now the very proud father of 1st Dan Karate Black Belt student at the tender age of 14!

Papalazarou
03-10-2021, 09:07 PM
Great to see a good turn out. Apologies that I couldn’t make it this time around, however the result of supporting my little girl was a fantastic achievement for her ….

I’m now the very proud father of 1st Dan Karate Black Belt student at the tender age of 14!

Fantastic Paul! You must be very proud.

All the best,

James.