PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood FoS

DamianW
24-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Anyone going? I'll be there on Saturday, hoping to take the NSX if the weather if reasonable.

trackdemon
24-06-2004, 12:55 PM
I'll be there on Sunday, definately in the NSX

Mike_L
24-06-2004, 03:30 PM
I'll be there Saturday as well - taking the NSX regardless.

DamianW
24-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Great. I don't know what I was worrying about actually, bugger it I'm coming in the NSX too.

jaws
24-06-2004, 09:27 PM
Ill be there Saturday. No NSX yet, only a Civic Type R (plus three teenage boys). BTW trackdemon did you do the Easytrack day @ Goodwood 20th Dec last year? If so you might recall you took me out as a passenger on the last (shortened) session of the day, just as the track was drying out. the only thing better than your driving was the running commentary - like " You didn't think we were going to make that, did you?".
Anyway, thanks for the ride and the insight into the NSX. For what its worth Ive had a NSX test drive courtesy of Yeomans(was John Cooper) Honda and fingers crossed the CTR's replacement will have only two seats and an even better sounding engine :D

trackdemon
25-06-2004, 09:13 AM
:P Haha! yes, it was I. Thanks for your kind comments. Absolutely great day - I actually had more fun when the track was wet, and the NSX felt purpose made for Goodwood. Wonderful.

DamianW
25-06-2004, 09:33 AM
What kind of time are people hitting the gates? I'm hoping to set off early (on the road at 6am) to try and avoid some of the queues.

Anyone got any tips? Is it better to try and approach goodwood from the south (or e/w/n)? Having been on 3 previous occasions, one year we virtually drove straight in, the other 2 we've queued for hours. Can't remember what we did on the first year!

Mike_L
25-06-2004, 10:02 AM
I was looking to get there for 9am - Given your comments and that I havn't been before I may try to get there a little earlier. I am not good doing early mornings though :shock:

I have been told that the Saturday relatively a lot quieter than the Sunday, can anyone confirm that?

DamianW
25-06-2004, 10:21 AM
It used to be quieter (and Friday was very peaceful by all accounts) but those days are over. On the plus side, the weather isn't looking good so maybe a few will stay away ...

trackdemon
25-06-2004, 11:08 AM
Anyone heading down on Sunday then? I'll be going from Essex, probably around 7am.

Kevin
25-06-2004, 11:27 AM
When I go usually get there late. Last year I think we managed to be there at 11. No queues just drive in. Also went on Saturday, as sometimes cars break down, and don't get to run on Sunday.

trackdemon
08-07-2004, 12:41 PM
:D So I'm wondering who it was in the white NSX? The missus retired to the car for a rest towards the end of the day, and somebody drove up in a white NSX and had a chat.

DamianW
08-07-2004, 04:05 PM
:D So I'm wondering who it was in the white NSX? The missus retired to the car for a rest towards the end of the day, and somebody drove up in a white NSX and had a chat.

Wasn't me, but had a fun day at Goodwood this year (even if it rained). Getting up early definitely worked, we drove straight in and were ready for the morning's runs up the hill. And got to have a bacon roll for brekkie :D

Enjoyed showing the NSX off to my Dad too who had come over from the US. Think he was rather smitten when we pulled out of some services, car labouring in 3rd gear, and I floored it .... just non-stop, linear power all the way to the red line. Fantastic.

UltraViolet
09-07-2004, 10:55 PM
I believe the only white NSX in the country is Nigel's. Was it a new one? Well spoken gentleman?