PDA

View Full Version : Brand Hatch "Go Japan" inaugural meeting Sunday 13th September

Pride
02-09-2020, 12:44 PM
[Edit: Kaz-kzukNA1 13:50 02/Sep/20
As this is in the public forum, may be obvious but before someone asks…
AFAIK, this event does NOT need PLI (THNOC, the Club) and thus, open to everyone.]

I was informed by Kare (silver surfer) early this morning of a great show event coming up at Brands Hatch.

I promptly applied for us to have a club stand and because we have NSX's the organisers allowed us to have a club stand at short notice even though the dead line had passed to apply for one, so let's hope we can show gratitude to the organisers and have a great turn out for this inaugural on going event.

As time is fast running out and they're nearly full all entries must be applied for by this Friday 4th September, therefore you'll need to book in within the next 48 hours otherwise after it that will be too late.

Whilst they don’t usually have a limit on cars at a club stand but we're getting close to the event date deadline so any more than 15 may be an issue.

Here's how they told me the booking system works, please don't delay:

Your car club code is: 36598578

Please forward this code to your members who will need to use it when booking-in via the show website:

http://gojapan.co.uk/club-stands

All members must book in individually. The system is fully automated and they can only register their attendance by completing the online form. There is no limit on the number of cars on each stand, albeit there may be national restrictions imposed if social distancing is still a requirement at that stage.

Based on the final number of cars, we will automatically allocate your club with an area of the right size in the right part of the show. This eliminates the need for coordinators to keep updating numbers and hopefully, will reduce the amount of hassle and time you'll need to spend on organising the day.

On the lead up to the event, our system will then email instructions and vehicle passes direct to each registered member. That’s why we need everyone’s details.

TICKETS

All visitors to the show will require a ticket which should be purchased directly from the venue website:

https://brandshatch.msv.com/BH-20-gojapan

As you can imagine, because guidelines and restrictions surrounding the control of Covid-19 are changing all the time, we may have to adapt the way we organise our shows. We’ll therefore provide you will an update and details in advance of the event.

Hopefully I'll see you all there. ��

Just as a footnote, the 13th September marks the actual 30th year of the launch of our great NSX.

Silver Surfer
02-09-2020, 03:24 PM
I will be there.

SS

NSXGB
02-09-2020, 06:31 PM
Im booked in.

duncan
02-09-2020, 07:13 PM
Booked in.

exiges1
02-09-2020, 09:09 PM
Signed up.

Pride
03-09-2020, 06:47 AM
LATEST NEWS UPDAYE:

I’ve just received a great email from the “Go Japan” Brands Hatch chief organiser.
If this doesn’t inspire NSX owners to come then nothing will.
Less than 40 hours left to sign up.

“Hi Clive

Many thanks for the follow-up email and for letting me know about the anniversary. As you say, what a coincidence!

I’ve had a chat with my colleagues at this end and we would really like to do something with this. Consequently, we are looking to locate your club somewhere prominent and feature the occasion in the programme and at the show. Exactly what form this will take, we haven’t finally decided yet, but whatever it is will be good!

We are in the process of creating an anniversary image that we’ll use on banners and in social media posts. I’ll share this with you and suggest we keep in touch from here on.

With best regards
Simon”

britlude
03-09-2020, 07:49 AM
Booked in!!!!

L696ULO
03-09-2020, 09:21 AM
Signed up too

Hagasan
03-09-2020, 12:39 PM
Would have gone but working a day shift that day. Hope it goes well, enjoy!

Pride
03-09-2020, 08:33 PM
Some Great News:

I've just received an email from the Brand Hatch events director stating that our NSX's will be made star attraction of the show in both the program and positioning of our club stand at the event.

So although we might have been last to apply for a club stand (yesterday) we are being made top of the bill over all other models and marques.

Hopefully a lot of owners will have read about this event on here and we'll a fantastic turnout.

If any of you reading this on here and know other Owners phone numbers could you be kind enough to call them explaining about this event and to sign up to join us before the closing deadline of tomorrow (Friday) midnight.

I'll keep you updated if I recieve any further news.
Cheers.

exiges1
03-09-2020, 09:17 PM
Well done Clive, come on guys and gals get those covers off, let’s have a good turnout for this, probably our last chance for a meet this year!

flyingsniffer
04-09-2020, 08:42 AM
Signed up, although I can't stay til the 5pm close (well, actually I have a short attention span!) so I assume that we can leave early?

Dipstickpete
04-09-2020, 09:12 AM
Just applied with hours to spare, must read the forum more often! See you there. Pete

Pride
04-09-2020, 11:32 AM
BIG NEWS UPDATE:

Tigewa Imports are also looking to win the Time Attack at the Go Japan event, just a shame Christian from ATR couldn’t make the event with his NSX, particularly as he’s last years European champion.
now would’ve been interesting.

Power to the NSX:

Good luck guys.:eek:

Pride
04-09-2020, 03:40 PM
Hot News:

I’be just received confirmation that not only are we positioned at the front of the main arena area but we’ve also been allowed TWO parade lap times,
The first around midday and then about 4pm.
It may even be on the full GP circuit, fingers excitedly crossed.😎🤞

Shawnsx5
04-09-2020, 06:24 PM
I am booked

Pride
07-09-2020, 10:52 AM
Some really great news folks, after I finished booking in 2 more NSX Owners this morning with the organisers, mainly because they'd missed the booking in deadline, I've now had confirmed we have a fantastic 22 cars booked onto our club stand.🎉👍👏👏

So cheers to Kare (silver surfer) for texting me about this event at 4am last Wednesday morning, 😵, and to think we discussed between us to just gate crashing the S2000 boys stand as it was so late in the day to book a stand. 🤣

If I'm not mistaken this could well be the highest number of our cars gathered in one place at a UK event since Silverstone 2015, so a very well done to all that booked in at such late notice on here and the various social media platforms I managed to put it out on.

And even more impressive is the fact that I put out this advertising posting just 48 hours before the booking in deadline.

I'm also very pleased to confirm that we have two guaranteed celebratory parade lap sessions planned (possibly on the full F1 circuit as well 😎) at around midday and 4 o'clock so as to mark the 30th year of our treasured "supercar" to the day in fact of it's official launch (13th September) in the UK. How cool is that???

So I'd to give a big shout out to the Go Japan organisers for allowing us this race, or should I say parade laps, 😉 so thank you.

Also I'd like to mention the fact that not only did organisers give us an NSX club stand at such late notice when the official club stand application date had closed well over a month ago, they also then positioned us in the main show arena itself once I mentioned about our 30th anniversary this year, which spookily coincided with their Go Japan show date, as you will see when the show lay out is produced, we will be the main attraction and certainly the most iconic exotic.👍

And the cherry on top of this great event is there will be Luke from Tegiwna racing his NSX in the Time Attack and i can tell you its super quick. In fact I tried very hard to get Christian from ATR with his European championship winning NA1 to race against him (now that would have been something) but due to such short notice he couldn't make it but said he would definitely try next year.

Let's all make it a great day out and a successful event, I hope you all enjoy it.
Clive.

Pride
07-09-2020, 11:37 AM
Here's the full list of all the runners and riders on our NSX club stand:

Clive Pluckrose

Michael Johnson

jonathan sutherland

Duncan Hurwood

Steven Ollerenshaw

Neil Shaw

Simon Orrow

Huy Tuong

Kare

Anthony Dixon

Rob Forsyth

Richard Mulley

Clive GAY

Paul Sturges

Jonathan Alder

Peter Russell

Mark Braidwood

Gary Hill

Lorna Doon

Lorna marsh

Ian pint

Al Clark

britlude
07-09-2020, 12:49 PM
Is Al hard of hearing??? ��

L696ULO
10-09-2020, 11:39 AM
I've received the car club email this morning showing our position and staggered entry time which is between 7 - 7.30am so set those alarms!

see you all there

britlude
10-09-2020, 12:37 PM
On that prompt I've found my email in the btinternet trash folder.... Just got to work out how to get it out of there, on my phone! Forwarded it to myself from the web based account and that ended up in the spam too!!!

L696ULO
10-09-2020, 04:22 PM
There's nothing particular to each car just a form to print and fill in your name and mobile number.

On my iphone I'm able to go into the junk folder, click on edit, tick the email and then a move to another folder option appears and direct it to your inbox. Or just open it from the trash folder?

Pride
10-09-2020, 06:05 PM
On that prompt I've found my email in the btinternet trash folder.... Just got to work out how to get it out of there, on my phone! Forwarded it to myself from the web based account and that ended up in the spam too!!!

Sounds like you're really talking rubbish now Jon.😂🤣😂

Pride
10-09-2020, 06:49 PM
Anyone up for Time Attacking their NSX??? 😎🏁

https://www.timeattack.co.uk/product/tegiwa-challenge/

britlude
10-09-2020, 06:50 PM
There's nothing particular to each car just a form to print and fill in your name and mobile number.

On my iphone I'm able to go into the junk folder, click on edit, tick the email and then a move to another folder option appears and direct it to your inbox. Or just open it from the trash folder?

it didn't get as far as my email on my lappy, or my phone... it was binned by bt before it even got that far.... i was trying to use my phone (as was at work) to get it to send from the web based folder to get it to be seen to be sent from a 'safe' addy.... alas that would be too easy, had to bounce it to another email account to get it to somewhere i could print it from easily!

anyhoo, found it now, despite msv being on my safe sender list!

lotusolly
10-09-2020, 09:37 PM
Anyone interested in meeting to convoy in?

Pease pottage on M23 at 6.00
Clackett lane services 6.30

as suggestions?

Olly

Pride
11-09-2020, 08:01 AM
Go Japan news update:
News update:

The two planned NSX parade laps have been decided to be put on the back of the JDM Legends parade out laps as I’ve shown on this amended timetable:👍

I hope you all enjoy😎

NSX 2000
11-09-2020, 08:19 AM
I got the email yesterday and in the email it states you must have a ticket and click link to buy, and you have untill 4pm today to do so. I have cliked on the link and the event is now sold out (as of yesterday).

Clive can you help?

Pride
11-09-2020, 10:38 AM
I got the email yesterday and in the email it states you must have a ticket and click link to buy, and you have untill 4pm today to do so. I have cliked on the link and the event is now sold out (as of yesterday).

Clive can you help?

pm sent Paul

Pride
11-09-2020, 12:42 PM
Event News update:

I think after the shutting down of this weekends Southampton boat show at the eleventh hour last night it could well touch and go for us on Sunday.

So let’s keep our fingers well and truly crossed. 🤞😰

14018 14019

NSX 2000
11-09-2020, 01:01 PM
pm sent Paul

All sorted.

You only have until 4pm today (Friday 11th September) to get any tickets.

Dipstickpete
11-09-2020, 06:33 PM
it didn't get as far as my email on my lappy, or my phone... it was binned by bt before it even got that far.... i was trying to use my phone (as was at work) to get it to send from the web based folder to get it to be seen to be sent from a 'safe' addy.... alas that would be too easy, had to bounce it to another email account to get it to somewhere i could print it from easily!

anyhoo, found it now, despite msv being on my safe sender list!

Although I got tickets on line, I havenÂ’t received the details and presumably windscreen pass to get to our stand. I did fill in my details but think there is a problem with my email address. I assume they are probably vehicle bespoke and have emailed them but can somebody send me the details in case it doesnÂ’t arrive please? What time are we aiming to get there and who is organising the display?

Pete

britlude
11-09-2020, 07:21 PM
our allocated arrival slot is 7-7:30!!!! No idea who is organising the stand, guessing Clive (Pride)

hopefully you have the entry car pass email, or someone has bounced it to you.... if not check yr PM Pete!!

Hagasan
11-09-2020, 08:37 PM
So I went to book a ticket online about 11am Friday. As has been stated, it was sold out. I called Simon the organiser on the number in the email. He gave me the number, was MSV direct and then purchased a ticket after they verified I was in the car-club group.. There was no mention of any possible cancellation.... Yes Clive, stupid 7am entry.. Nice one!!

Pride
12-09-2020, 10:47 AM
It’s looking to be a great memorable show tomorrow.

Please don’t forget to gain entrance through the side gate NOT the main gate. You will then be guided to our allocated parking area.

I’m so pleased Gary likes the early start as I asked the organisers for that unearthly time just for him.🤣

I would also like to say seeing it was such short notice for me to arrange this event I think it’s an incredible turn out of over 20 cars so well done who got on board and I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Don’t forget your sun tan lotion and face masks.😷👍
All the best
Clive

Heineken
12-09-2020, 11:45 AM
That sounds like a very nice event, looking forward to any reports, pictures and videos :)

Dipstickpete
12-09-2020, 01:38 PM
It’s looking to be a great memorable show tomorrow.

Please don’t forget to gain entrance through the side gate NOT the main gate. You will then be guided to our allocated parking area.

I’m so pleased Gary likes the early start as I asked the organisers for that unearthly time just for him.🤣

I would also like to say seeing it was such short notice for me to arrange this event I think it’s an incredible turn out of over 20 cars so well done who got on board and I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Don’t forget your sun tan lotion and face masks.😷👍
All the best
Clive

By side gate do you mean Gate K?

Pete

Pride
12-09-2020, 02:21 PM
By side gate do you mean Gate K?

Pete

heres the map they sent out:

http://south.tunerfest.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/09/EntryRoute.pdf

Pride
12-09-2020, 02:27 PM
That sounds like a very nice event, looking forward to any reports pictures and videos :)

Hi Heineken, here’s the link to view it live tomorrow on line:

http://gojapan.co.uk/event-media-information/

NSXGB
12-09-2020, 04:31 PM
Happy to meet at Clacket at 06:30.

Anyone interested in meeting to convoy in?

Pease pottage on M23 at 6.00
Clackett lane services 6.30

as suggestions?

Olly

lotusolly
12-09-2020, 06:39 PM
Happy to meet at Clacket at 06:30.

OK, see you there

Olly

Senninha
13-09-2020, 10:07 AM
Have a great day, look out for the grey Scooby wagon in the time attack ... if he’s replaced the fuel pump it will be pushing 817 bhp and will be looking for glory ....

Senninha
13-09-2020, 12:16 PM
Well done chaps ....

14026 14027 14028

The magnificent 7 ...

britlude
13-09-2020, 04:41 PM
we got back out at 3:30...... i shall post up my dash cam later, once it's uploaded to youtube!!!! also found us on the Go Japan facebook feed... just got to get that up too!

duncan
13-09-2020, 05:21 PM
Three cheers to Clive.
Many thanks for arranging our entry to the show.

britlude
13-09-2020, 06:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDiGgQHCOlo&ab_channel=thisYup

no sound, it'll just be Sarah swearing at me..... lol

britlude
13-09-2020, 06:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNa-h7OMgms&t=11s&ab_channel=thisYup

britlude
13-09-2020, 06:24 PM
and the facebook Go Japan live feed.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm6pfYjAd4U&ab_channel=thisYup

Senninha
13-09-2020, 08:14 PM
And a few more for the track runners ..

Senninha
13-09-2020, 08:16 PM
And a couple more ...

britlude
13-09-2020, 08:18 PM
here's my pix on the facebook......https://www.facebook.com/media/set?vanity=jonathan.sutherland.7&set=a.10221453396937378

britlude
15-09-2020, 05:28 PM
here's a link to Tegiwa Imports Flickr album of the demo laps...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157701376@N08/albums/72157715977243551

Heineken
20-09-2020, 04:00 PM
Thanks a lot for the videos and pictures, I'm going to have a look this evening :)