PDA

View Full Version : Inaugural Honda Fest Ipswich Suffolk - 1/9/2019

Shawnsx5
29-07-2019, 04:16 PM
I have been contacted by the directors of John Banks Honda who know my cars and have asked me to attend the above event which is being organised with Honda Marketing. The focus is all Honda products and although in part it is to celebrate the 45th anniversary for John Banks Honda it is intended to be an annual event.

Here is the text from the email I have received:

In conjunction with John Banks Group’s 45th anniversary and in celebration of Honda in the UK since 1972, we’re creating an annual event called Honda Fest.

We are calling for all Honda Owners to sign up and bring your vehicle along, whether it’s a car, bike, boat, lawnmower or engine, we want to
showcase all that’s great about Honda from the last five decades.

We’d like to show a Honda for each year since 1972. So, if you own a Honda or know some who does, we want you to attend Honda Fest at Trinity Park - the site next to our Ipswich showroom

on Sunday 1st September and show everyone your great vehicle.

There will be plenty of family activities, so please contact us and become part of our community or just attend and enjoy the day!

It’s free to attend for Honda owners - but we need you to register for your tickets as an exhibitor or owner on the day - Click below to find out more or view our event on Facebook.

Here is the link to register:

https://www.hondafest.co.uk/landing-page?utm_source=emailmarketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=johnbanksgroupgroupnewsletter_29jun19&utm_content=2019-07-29

Please add your name and vehicle to this list:

1. Neil Shaw (Shawnsx5) 2004 NSXR, 2005 NSX 2001 NSX 1968 S800 will take at least 2 of these

Hope to see as many as possible on 1st September.

Neil

exiges1
29-07-2019, 11:26 PM
1. Neil Shaw (Shawnsx5) 2004 NSXR, 2005 NSX 2001 NSX 1968 S800 will take at least 2 of these
2. Tony NA1 (have applied, will update once I get a response)

Shawnsx5
30-07-2019, 01:28 PM
So I met with Mark Banks MD on John Banks Honda the organisers. This is a personal project for Mark that he has been trying to get off the ground for several years. It will be at Trinity Park land which is a huge show ground in Ipswich which borders the John Banks dealership site. They are planning for 150 cars on display but have space for several hundred more if the numbers are there. Plus they have separate space for the usual food and other stuff plus motorcycles, F1 displays, garden equipment etc. Mark has co-operation from Honda UK and is personally picking items from the Honda UK stock of cars, motorcycles and industrial equipment.

Promotion is only just getting underway and he is keen for as many NSX as possible to attend along with the greatest variety of other Honda models possible.

His intention is for this to become recognised nationally and grow substantially over the years.

So I hope to see as many of you as possible representing the greatest Honda product of all.

Pride
30-07-2019, 03:01 PM
2. Tony NA1 (have applied, will update once I get a response)
3. Clive NA1

Pride
30-07-2019, 03:04 PM
So I hope to see as many of you as possible representing the greatest Honda product of all.

What product is that then Neil, the lawn mower??? :)

Shawnsx5
30-07-2019, 04:41 PM
I had this in mind:

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=honda+type+r+robot+lawnmower+you+tube#id=1&vid=133cd8fc1bf828ba818b6bd06f59ceb4&action=click

What product is that then Neil, the lawn mower??? :)

Pride
30-07-2019, 06:35 PM
I had this in mind:

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=honda+type+r+robot+lawnmower+you+tube#id=1&vid=133cd8fc1bf828ba818b6bd06f59ceb4&action=click

My money's on the white one just for a change.😎

exiges1
05-08-2019, 03:14 PM
Update: I received a ticket via Eventbrite today. Ticket is for ‘Honda Owner - Visitor’. It’s not clear if I’ve been accepted to display my car at this stage, hopefully a further display ticket will follow, perhaps nearer the date.

Shawnsx5
05-08-2019, 03:25 PM
I have also received the tickets via Eventbite - I sure you have been accepted, they want as many cars as possible and I think it is unlikely they will run out of space have seen the site. Look forward to seeing you there.

Update: I received a ticket via Eventbrite today. Ticket is for ‘Honda Owner - Visitor’. It’s not clear if I’ve been accepted to display my car at this stage, hopefully a further display ticket will follow, perhaps nearer the date.

britlude
05-08-2019, 07:30 PM
Yup, trinity park is huge!!!

exiges1
29-08-2019, 03:57 PM
No exhibitor pass yet received, has anyone else been sent one?
(I have the Honda Owner - Visitor version)

update, contacted Melanie and was sent a exhibitor pass so looking forward to a unique and interesting event, see you there.

Shawnsx5
30-08-2019, 03:39 PM
I spoke to the organisers today and they are pleased to have 450 exhibitors registered so there should be a good variety of cars and bikes plus all sorts of other products. I hope we get 6 or more NSX on site. I know the S800 club are attending so there should be several S800 and maybe S600 as well. I have also tried to persuade JDR racing to bring some of their cars and hope they will make it.