PDA

View Full Version : The New challenger to the NC1

Senninha
19-07-2019, 09:09 PM
If you’ve read NSX Prime and all the media negativity for the NC1 then this is surely the last thing Acura would want to see ...

https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/next-generation-corvette

And if the looks are not enough ... they’ve only gone and agreed to this ...

https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/2020-c8-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-right-hand-drive/

Yep, you can consider ordering for 2021 UK deliveries with RHD!

Admittedly the US list of below $60k entry price (£49k of your proper currency) wont translate well into sterling, but even at £60-65k that’s still a very attractive price for what they claim will be a useable everyday mid-engined sports car me thinks ...

goldnsx
19-07-2019, 09:42 PM
I've read the comments on prime... It's a US car for US people with US taste and US quality standards. The Corvette always had and still has the image of a car that is able to challenge other supercars x times more expensive and the image of (sorry) a "whoremonger" car (dict.cc translation) in Europe. Who (in Europe) wants to be seen in a Corvette? :)

I see no relation to the NC1, even though some people on prime want us to believe there should be one. At least, it was the most active thread in the past 10 years or so. :)

NZNick
20-07-2019, 01:28 AM
I don't see it as an NSX rival - it isn't electrified for a start. I see it more as an F458 challenger, albeit years too late.

NSX100
20-07-2019, 05:53 PM
I've read the comments on prime... It's a US car for US people with US taste and US quality standards. The Corvette always had and still has the image of a car that is able to challenge other supercars x times more expensive and the image of (sorry) a "whoremonger" car (dict.cc translation) in Europe. Who (in Europe) wants to be seen in a Corvette? :)

I see no relation to the NC1, even though some people on prime want us to believe there should be one. At least, it was the most active thread in the past 10 years or so. :)

Could not agree more