PDA

View Full Version : Essex boys, big lunch time meet up. 22/Jun (Sat) 2pm~

duncan
07-06-2019, 11:48 AM
Chaps,
Last year I 'promoted' a small, local to Chelmsford, mixed car gathering organised by a local car club.
One year later, the event has come around again, for those who didn't make it; the link below is to Britlude's Facebook page of photos,
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10214988139229976&set=a.10214988129429731&type=3&l=ebdc01d76f&theater

It's a post lunchtime meet up, Saturday 22 June, starting at 2:00, at The Compasses Inn, Littley Green, CM3 1BU, the pub does simple 'pub food' rather well and is serving food until 4:00.
There will be a requested charity contribution of £5 in aid of the PCRF [Pancreatic Cancer Research Fund].
So a social afternoon with an eclectic mix of vehicles at a cracking pub.

[Kaz-kzukNA1: Thread title edited to include the date/time info.]

britlude
07-06-2019, 02:15 PM
the pub also does some wonderful 'sandwiches', and that's the loosest use of 'sandwich' lol they call it a 'Huffer'.....

is there a date....??

please don't say it's tomorrow!

duncan
07-06-2019, 07:18 PM
Oh bugger, yes there is a date; Saturday 22 June.

Sat 22nd June, 2:00 onwards at The Compasses Inn, Littley Green, Chelmsford, CM3 1BU

duncan
07-06-2019, 07:21 PM
Post now edited,
Duncan

214nsx
07-06-2019, 08:08 PM
Count me in please. Kare are you up for It?

britlude
07-06-2019, 10:03 PM
bugger, alas i am elsewhere that weekend... i would have brought the loud one too!

put me down for a fiver tho, i'll pass it on next time our paths cross, probably supernats!

exiges1
08-06-2019, 12:49 PM
A Low key and enjoyable event, good food and the club car sticker is one of my favs. I’m not a club member but made a donation and the organiser kindly gave me the sticker. I’ll be along this year in the NSX and not on crutches. Good variety of cars and bikes, owners very chatty and informative.

Silver Surfer
08-06-2019, 02:28 PM
Count me in please. Kare are you up for It?

:(:( I am in London doing a clinic around 12pm....but may be back in time to catch the end.

SS

L696ULO
12-06-2019, 09:33 AM
Would have loved to attend especially as I've got fully functional brakes (new master cylinder) but I'll be on holiday

Senninha
12-06-2019, 09:16 PM
Watching ...

Senninha
22-06-2019, 04:24 PM
What a lovely mix of cars, bikes and owners ... I particularly liked that they weren’t all garage queens and are clearly used .. the car of the day for me (No, I didn’t take a photo), was the lovely old rag top Jag that looked like it hadn’t been washed since it rolled of the line .. perfect!

Hopefully some photos will appear soon ...

Thanks for bringing to our attention Duncan ...

duncan
25-06-2019, 03:47 PM
A message from the Organisers of Saturday’s meeting:

”Hi there.

Well, I think that was a pretty good gathering!

Alphabetically we went from Alcyon to Z3, and in evolution we went from Grafton to NSX. The sun shone, the beer was spot-on and the huffers were excellent!

Thank you very much for attending and supporting our event, we had over 40 cars through the course of the afternoon. And due to your hugely appreciated generosity we have raised the amazing total of £715 for the Pancreatic Cancer Research Fund in the memory of our dear friend Nick Wenley.

In addition to this I was given two items of automobilia that I will sell eBay with the expectation of raising hopefully a further £100 for the PCRF. So, again, thank you very much.

I think that we will be aiming to do a similar event next year - I will email you with details as and when they are known.

I have sent this email to all attendees that I got an address for (and whose handwriting I can read!). Please pass my thanks and the details of the outcome to anyone you know was there just to ensure that no-one is missed.

And finally if you took any evocative photos at the event that you are happy to send me I would much appreciate it as they may come in useful for future publicity.

Very best regards”