PDA

View Full Version : Helps if you speak French

NSX 2000
29-10-2018, 03:49 PM
Found this video for people with a spare hour ;)

https://youtu.be/e8AYTaBSPS8

Silver Surfer
30-10-2018, 01:18 AM
so how much did he sell it for in the end?

SS

NSX 2000
30-10-2018, 08:59 AM
Don't know, I've only watched the first 10 minutes :(

goldnsx
30-10-2018, 09:32 AM
55k Euro. Well, I'm not sure how much is for the show...

2018, there have been three NSX in Switzerland at around 45k which sold quite fast.

britlude
30-10-2018, 09:56 AM
If it's anything like the UK show the 'selling' prices at the end of the episode don't necessarily bear any relation to what they actually sold for..... if they actually sell at all!!!!!

Some ppl on another site researched some of the cars featured in the show and, despite being 'sold', found many were still registered to the production company several months later....

Hagasan
30-10-2018, 10:43 AM
If it's anything like the UK show the 'selling' prices at the end of the episode don't necessarily bear any relation to what they actually sold for..... if they actually sell at all!!!!!

Some ppl on another site researched some of the cars featured in the show and, despite being 'sold', found many were still registered to the production company several months later....

There was a guy at my work who appeared in one episode as the buyer of a Rolls Royce! It was all staged as he still runs around in his Vauxhall. He's neither driven the Roller nor hidden it in a swimming pool.... Fake news, fake car shows ��

goldnsx
30-10-2018, 11:01 AM
There was a guy at my work who appeared in one episode as the buyer of a Rolls Royce! It was all staged as he still runs around in his Vauxhall. He's neither driven the Roller nor hidden it in a swimming pool.... Fake news, fake car shows ��
How much did they pay him for an acting part? :)

I also had the suspicion that at least the selling process is staged. I think the initial buying process is real to some extent. But I guess the seller is an actor as well.

If they count in all their hours spent on the cars (not only their expenses) every car in their show is a big loss.

A fake-show for whom?

NZNick
03-11-2018, 04:15 AM
Enjoyed watching this to see the engine removal process and a couple of other things that I haven't seen before.
I found that I could kind-of follow what was going on, despite having finished with the French language 33 years ago...
I was surprised how casual the mechanic was with the centre console piece of plastic, considering the cost of replacement. Also, showing my ignorance here, I didn't realize that brake discs were skimmed on the car - I imagined that they were put on some sort of precision lathe for this type of job.
I wonder how much that car lift costs?...

duncan
03-11-2018, 04:24 PM
The car lift is a Finkbeiner FHB3000, price not cheap, try heavylift.co.nz
Group buy?

Senninha
14-12-2018, 09:27 PM
Also, showing my ignorance here, I didn't realize that brake discs were skimmed on the car - I imagined that they were put on some sort of precision lathe for this type of job. ..

Hi Nick,

You can do both depending on the reason why they need doing ... on the car is usually to overcome uneven ware potentially from mis-alignment during installation. Skimming them on the car should correct this and leave you a nice smooth brake pedal, no more pulsing through the pedal.

Personally, I would remove, correctly clean and prep the hubs and fit new ..

regards, Paul

NZNick
14-12-2018, 10:02 PM
Thanks - my daily driver suffered from brake shudder - the disks were skimmed twice (not sure if on the car or not) but the problem still came back over a couple of months. They have been fully replaced since (successfully, so far...)