PDA

View Full Version : I want that one... NSX 3.0 Coupe MANUAL

darkblueturbo
08-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Can anyone help... The time as finally come to buy the car of my dreams - some of you may remember me posting elsewhere on this site a few months to a year ago.

The car I'm after, per the subject, is a 91 to 93 model year; preferably in red but I'll take any colour as long as the car is good (but red would swing it if I was torn between two).

Looking around Autotrader, Exchange and Mart and even Fish4cars reveals that just about any NSX I can afford that's currently for sale has an auto box - I really must have a manual...

Anyone know of any good examples for sale...? I'm keen to take my first test drive just to make sure they really are that good before handing over the money - which is ready and waiting...

NSXGB
08-08-2006, 05:00 PM
What part of the country are you from?

darkblueturbo
09-08-2006, 09:05 AM
I'm in Essex...

Nick Graves
12-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Patience, dear boy!

You'll find that the NSX & Routemaster have more than aluminium construction in common;

You wait for bloody ages & then two come together!

Minch
12-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Hi darkblueturbo,

I've got a '92 Red NSX, not for sale but I do get over to Epping area fairly regularly (once every week or two). We might be able to meet up and I can take you for a spin.

Cheers
Nathan

darkblueturbo
14-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the offer, Minch - PM me next time you're down that way and if we can hook up that'd be great...

I took a trip to G&M Honda in Gravesend on Saturday to look at a 91. It's up on eBay at the moment. Absolutely MINT condition. I finally got to go for a ride in AND drive the car of my dreams... (Last time I drove a dream car it was a Diablo, and the dreams were shattered in a fit of sticky throttle and FAR too heavy steering and clutch) but this time was different...

What a fantastic car you all own. The only downside of this car was that it's an Auto. Had it had a manual gearbox I'd have bought it there and then, it really was that good...

Got e-mail alerts registered with Exchange and Mart and Autotrader plus I'll be speaking to a friend in the trade later today to ask him to keep an eye out for me - he imports from Japan too, so I might go that way if none com up on these shores.

Patience is a virtue, or so I'm told... I hope it's red when it does turn up :-)

rkanaga
14-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi, I had been looking until recently but unfortunately don't have the readdies at had at the moment (until I sell my Caterham 7 that is!). I came across this one though. Have you checked this one out?

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/CARS_popup.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=HONDA&model=NSX&variant=&keywords=&min_pr=500&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=gu1+3ts&miles=1500&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH&start=7&distance=165&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200631101276413

I know you want a black roof but I imagine you could have it resprayed for not too much?

PS does anyone know about the apparently 'mint' 56,000 miler in weybridge for £20,450 (in E&M)? The history seemed a bit patchy and it sounds like it had been left standing rather too much to me. Also the current owner didn't seem to know much about NSX's which sounds a bit suspect

regards and good luck

Robin

(hope to join you in the hunt before long!)

darkblueturbo
14-08-2006, 04:17 PM
O, I'm not worried about the colour of the roof - it's only a black roof I'm looking at as that's what my budget dictates...

That is a damn fine car but it's a wee bit out of my price range but I definitely want a Coupe, not a Targa...

Cheers for the link though... Keep 'em coming, as you see them... :)