PDA

View Full Version : How would you spend £ 15K on your NSX?

AR
08-08-2006, 11:21 AM
So let's say that the lotto ticket you never played but one day got goaded into buying by a mate, or a raffle ticket or old relative bought it and you find yourself with an extra £10K to spend right now.

Some of you have already spent that amount on your car and some more, but most never spent all that at once. I did not do that much to my old NSX and once I got down and put it on paper I was shocked.

What would you buy for your NSX with £ 15K?

I would get a new front splitter and a repaint not that it needs it but to make it like new, a Gruppe-M supercharger, boost gauge and related accesories and tunning.

So what is on you wish list?

Cheers

AR

simonprelude
08-08-2006, 11:57 AM
Another NSX to strip and use on track :)

markc
08-08-2006, 12:04 PM
A Science of Speed 3.8Ltr NA motor and a front and rear Big Brake kit... sorted :D

Mark

Senninha
08-08-2006, 12:26 PM
It all depends what you want from your motoring IMO.

If its a road car then are you looking to build a really fast NSX by taking your Type R even further than Honda have done already, ie lots of CF parts to reduce weight, dumping luxuries like ac and ice etc. with performance focussed on chassis/brake/diff upgrades.

Alternatively if you're happy with performance then I would consider the full 02 upgrade to latest NSX-R spec. but keep the Charlotte colour scheme.

If I had the space/money then I would second Simon's approach and find a good solid early car and fund the track conversion through the sale of OEM parts no longer required.

regards

Paul

AR
08-08-2006, 04:45 PM
It all depends what you want from your motoring IMO.

If its a road car then are you looking to build a really fast NSX by taking your Type R even further than Honda have done already, ie lots of CF parts to reduce weight, dumping luxuries like ac and ice etc. with performance focussed on chassis/brake/diff upgrades.

Alternatively if you're happy with performance then I would consider the full 02 upgrade to latest NSX-R spec. but keep the Charlotte colour scheme.

If I had the space/money then I would second Simon's approach and find a good solid early car and fund the track conversion through the sale of OEM parts no longer required.

regards

Paul

Paul,

I wish I had the extra £ 15K, is not how I should spend it, but how YOU would spend it if it was burning a ghole in YOUR pocket.

Me I have a Holiday to pay for before my Wedding Anniversary LOL.

Cheers

Ary

Senninha
08-08-2006, 04:59 PM
As some already know, I'm looking at how to acheive a hybrid 02+ upgrade.
I'm also researching how to achieve this in CF, so that could easily eat a big hole in the money you're suggesting :cry:

AR
08-08-2006, 05:14 PM
As some already know, I'm looking at how to acheive a hybrid 02+ upgrade.
I'm also researching how to achieve this in CF, so that could easily eat a big hole in the money you're suggesting :cry:

Paul Mugen makes a nice bumper in CF

http://www.xspeed.com.au/secret.php?area=honda&secret_id=89

Cheers

AR

kowalski
08-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Apart from the mods of already done, could quite easily spend £15 k on the procar range of CF bits!

leigh

senna786
23-08-2006, 05:35 PM
uhhhmm well surely the best way to spend an an extra £15k (if you have it burning a hole in your pocket) is to sell (or trade in) your old NSX and buy the new shape (02 onwards) model. It truly is a better car all round and the power difference is awesome.

Kevin
23-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Mmm, how would I spend 15k? Quickly.

Don't know how much I have spent, but I guess it's getting close to 10k. As for comparing that to a new one, I think a well modified old car, will beat a standard new one. I'm only talking about at the track, which is all that matters.

Minch
23-08-2006, 06:10 PM
I would buy the Procar NSX-R test engine, new gear box with shorter final drive and new OEM seats and door cards. (oh dear I can feel my wallet tempting me already!)

My aim is to keep the car looking as near the original concept as possible but tweating the power & handling. Not doing too bad so far

sportyking
24-08-2006, 08:08 AM
I would spend it very slowly on servicing and running costs.

Unless the car is for track use I cannot see a way of spending that level of money on an NSX and not detracting from the overall package Honda intended.

Most cosmetic stuff is OTT, Handling stuff decreases the sublime feeling on the road, engine performance stuff is tricky and very expensive with little real world gain on the road, and of couse most of it de-values a really good car. Brakes maybe but not 15k worth.

For the track 15k is a drop in the ocean.

AR
24-08-2006, 08:19 AM
It truly is a better car all round and the power difference is awesome.

That is nonsense, a 3.0 with h/i/e and short gears will outperform it.

AR
24-08-2006, 08:21 AM
I would spend it very slowly on servicing and running costs.

Unless the car is for track use I cannot see a way of spending that level of money on an NSX and not detracting from the overall package Honda intended.

Most cosmetic stuff is OTT, Handling stuff decreases the sublime feeling on the road, engine performance stuff is tricky and very expensive with little real world gain on the road, and of couse most of it de-values a really good car. Brakes maybe but not 15k worth.

For the track 15k is a drop in the ocean.

Comptech Supercharger, AEM and NSX-R brakes and suspension and there will be not much change from £ 15K.

sportyking
24-08-2006, 08:51 AM
there are much better brakes out there than the NSX-R setup.
The Supercharger is great but I don't think it's that necessary for a road car and the extra engine strain/wear it causes. I have one at the moment and it is a hoot though, with the combination of a load end howl and high end whistle right by your ear.
Suspension on the NSX for road use is great, this is evident in the length of time the TEIN RA set up was advertised dirt cheap from Portugal. On any other forum they would have been snapped up in seconds.

Papalazarou
24-08-2006, 11:31 AM
15K is the difference between my car and a facelift model, it's also the price of a reasonable early car.

Cheers,

James.

AR
24-08-2006, 03:04 PM
there are much better brakes out there than the NSX-R setup.
The Supercharger is great but I don't think it's that necessary for a road car and the extra engine strain/wear it causes. I have one at the moment and it is a hoot though, with the combination of a load end howl and high end whistle right by your ear.
Suspension on the NSX for road use is great, this is evident in the length of time the TEIN RA set up was advertised dirt cheap from Portugal. On any other forum they would have been snapped up in seconds.

I've driven my FIL's old E55 AMG and the noise is addictive. The comptech SC won't even void the Acura NSX's warranty in America. The NSX-R brakes and suspension are a good compromise for the NSX since it is for " road use". The suspension on the are is also different form Teins and most others as it have a separate resrvoir.

Horses for courses.

Cheers

AR