PDA

View Full Version : cost for entire body paint

megahertz
02-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Can anyone tell me a ball park estimate of how much it will cost to repaint the whole body? (including engine bay, door sills, etc.)

Am soon in the market for an NSX although am wondering if/when I find one in good condition, but is not of my color choice (which is black on black), should I hold off or go forth with the repaint option.

Thanks

Minch
02-08-2006, 09:46 PM
In my opinion unless you get a really tatty NSX for a bargain basement price then wait for the spec you want. It took me a year to find mine :shock:

Pande
02-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Cost you 3 to 4 grand for a full colour change. And is a good option if you get the car at a good price. The car will be spotless. Even if you find the spec you want it will still need tidying up so why not.

Senninha
03-08-2006, 08:33 AM
You may want to read through the attached thread. I was asking similar questions on the road to finding my NSX, so you may find this helpful.

http://nsxcb.co.uk/forum2/viewtopic.php?p=5669&highlight=#5669

You dont say if you're after manual or auto. If its auto then theres a black on black import available now for @ £17k in autotrader. Was up for £22k a few months ago.

jaytip
03-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Cost you 3 to 4 grand for a full colour change. And is a good option if you get the car at a good price. The car will be spotless. Even if you find the spec you want it will still need tidying up so why not.
I think you are looking at even more than that.When i got some quotes from two respected local bodyshops to re-spray the crap re-spray done to my car,i was quoted around the 5 grand mark by both company's,and that didn't include engine bay,boot and under the bonnet.
I would think it would be around 6k+ by a GOOD bodyshop,there is a helluva lot of work involved when stripping out the engine,gearbox and all the pumps and stuff under the bonnet.

megahertz
03-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Thanks for all the info!
It seems respraying is a hefty option...especially factoring the gamble of a quality job!

Perhaps I must/should wait until 'the right' nsx comes across my path. (I have a feeling its going to be a long journey!! :? )

I would prefer to spend the 4-7 grand on tyre replacements, bottles of zymol, and litres and litres of petrol :D

AR
03-08-2006, 09:52 PM
I think you are looking at even more than that.When i got some quotes from two respected local bodyshops to re-spray the crap re-spray done to my car,i was quoted around the 5 grand mark by both company's,and that didn't include engine bay,boot and under the bonnet.
I would think it would be around 6k+ by a GOOD bodyshop,there is a helluva lot of work involved when stripping out the engine,gearbox and all the pumps and stuff under the bonnet.

Ivor,

Pande owns a bodyshop and his work is top notch, I for one would trust him with my NSX.

Cheers

AR

jaytip
03-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Pande if you can do that sort of job for that sort of money,if i ever need a big job doing(no i am not changing the colour on this one :D )you will have my business mate.So make sure you stay a member of this site so that you can be contacted :wink: