PDA

View Full Version : DAB radio in an NSX

kevinpsw
02-08-2006, 07:47 AM
I want a DAB CD receiver to replace a faultly cheap after market one.

Currently I also have a start button fitted and an ugly connection for an Ipod. I have bought a centre console so I can smarten up the somewhat bodgit job that was done at the behest of the previous owner.

Has anyone got any experience of fitting a DAB? I think you need an additional aerial. Has anyone done this and been able to hide away the wiring?

Has anyone run an iPod cable from the back of the unit through into the glove box?

Senninha
02-08-2006, 08:20 AM
Kevin,

If you can't find anyone local to you, I would recommend these guys. They did the original install which included modifying and colour coding the console, new speaker install etc

http://www.cambscaraudio.co.uk/

regards

AR
02-08-2006, 08:20 AM
This search on prime had the following topics:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/search.php?searchid=923404

I do not know how much of it crosses over, but they had some clever installation ideas.

Cheers

AR

Nick Graves
04-08-2006, 10:20 AM
I want a DAB CD receiver to replace a faultly cheap after market one.

Currently I also have a start button fitted and an ugly connection for an Ipod. I have bought a centre console so I can smarten up the somewhat bodgit job that was done at the behest of the previous owner.

Has anyone got any experience of fitting a DAB? I think you need an additional aerial. Has anyone done this and been able to hide away the wiring?

Has anyone run an iPod cable from the back of the unit through into the glove box?

I put a JVC KD711 into Karen's Civic VTi last year. It's a good, affordable unit. Can't be much more difficult in an NSX!

You will need to choose what sort of twig you need. I stuck a regular non-powered digi twig up the side of the windscreen & it works ok. There's a bit of drop-out popping, but it's OK.

I understand that in some areas the signal is worse, so you may need a powered twig.