PDA

View Full Version : praise indeed

gunner
31-07-2006, 11:54 AM
As some of you know I recently took delivery of an NSX.Now I had also long been on the list for a Porsche 997 Turbo and with the cars still fetching healthy premiums I decided to take delivery of that too (at the end of last week) even though I am enjoying the NSX so much.Now the 997TT is a terrific car,don't get me wrong,and I doubt there's anything faster out there point to point.But,in my opinion,as a driving experience,the NSX has it beaten all ends up,particularly in three different respects.Gearchange,ride and noise.When it comes to any of those the NSX is an altogether superior tool and it feels like it handles better too.Needless to say it's also more fun,allowing the driver (me!) much closer to its limits than I could ever get to in the 997. I'm not knocking the 997TT,I'm sure that of the two many out there prefer the Porsche,but such is my regard for the NSX,the 997 is unlikely to remain with me for long.Cheers.

Senninha
31-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Interesting post and nice position to be in, congratulations.

Maybe you could suggest this type of comparison to the TV shows or car mags as a way of evaluating whether todays supercars really have moved forward?

In a seperate and interesting thread, Darren has shown how lots of power and oversized rims/hard suspension have made newer cars less involving to drive in the real world.

Getting this topic some air-time or written coverage would probably enhance further the value of the NSX??

regards

AR
31-07-2006, 02:11 PM
Recently I found myself straying from the NSX herd. After the crash I test drove and considered several cars. Of all the cars I considered and evaluated ( 3200GT, 4200, F355, 348 Competizione, E55 AMG and GT3 Mark I ) I decided that only an NSX will do.

I am so glad that I went for the NSX again and that I managed to find the type-R, but still the GT3 has a place in my heart.

Congratulations and enjoy them both for their own merits.

Cheers

AR

jaytip
02-08-2006, 08:37 AM
Recently I found myself straying from the NSX herd. After the crash I test drove and considered several cars. Of all the cars I considered and evaluated ( 3200GT, 4200, F355, 348 Competizione, E55 AMG and GT3 Mark I ) I decided that only an NSX will do.

I am so glad that I went for the NSX again and that I managed to find the type-R, but still the GT3 has a place in my heart.

Congratulations and enjoy them both for their own merits.

Cheers

AR
Of the cars mentioned above,i think the 348 and the 355 are closest to the NSX.Can you give us your opinion on the Ferrari's V NSX,in particular the 355,because i have read too many times of the NSX being a better car than the 348.

AR
02-08-2006, 09:23 AM
I did not get to test drive the F355 as by the time it took to find the right one the type-R came along. I can tell you that after looking at several of them and several NSXs there is a lot more F355s avalaible than NSXs and that most of the F355s have had several owners. Most have had the butresses looked at and some sort of repair done to them, the exhaust manifolds can crack, soft valve seats on some models, so much more and so much more expensive to fix than the NSX.

A lot of the ones I was looking at are still for sale.

Cheers

AR