PDA

View Full Version : Sussex Meet

kowalski
29-07-2006, 09:54 AM
Might be an idea to have a Sussex mini meet? I'me in Shoreham by Sea, I think theres a few others around Brighton area?

leigh

NSXGB
29-07-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm game if my shifts allow...and I'll bring ear defenders if you're there Leigh!

jonathanolney
29-07-2006, 08:10 PM
I could come if Leigh has forgiven me for selling the rice rocket exhaust to Greybloke,

John

kowalski
29-07-2006, 10:05 PM
No problem John, you did me a favour as I went for the full Taitec system which I prefer.

Suppose should look into a meeting place and time?

leigh

P.S will try to keep it quiet! :wink:

WhyOne?
31-07-2006, 08:22 AM
Well, how are people fixed one evening this week - Wednesday evening?????

There is a nice pub/garden/safe parking in Staplefield called the Jolly Tanners.

There is a 'How to find us' link on their website.

http://www.jollytanners.com/

kowalski
31-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Wednesday looks ok to me, depends on work, will know for sure on the day though.

leigh

jonathanolney
31-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Jolly Tanners would not get my coolant up to temperature as it is so close so OK

John

Senninha
01-08-2006, 01:53 PM
HI All,

Is this meet going to happen this week? I ask as I would love to come along (assuming you will let an Essex bloke join you :wink: ) but work will clash this week.

If there's a chance you might defer to next week would look forward to meeting up.

regards

Paul

kowalski
01-08-2006, 05:42 PM
At the moment I will still be going tomorrow, Steve (lotusolly) might be going as well, will both know for sure tomorrow. What times good?

We could do another mini meet another time, or do something like the Goodwood Breakfast club (sunday mornings) I think as were all fairly local it shoudnt be too much hassle to do other meets.

leigh

WhyOne?
01-08-2006, 06:34 PM
Hi chaps.....it looks like there are enough possible/probables to make this worth a shot (it's an excuse for me to drive the car if nothing else!!!)

I will be at the Jolly Tanners ~7:00pm, tomorrow (Wednesday 2nd August) with a view to a slow beer and some food and hopefully a little car related chat.

Hope to see a few of you there!

:D

kowalski
01-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Ok hopefully see you at 7!

leigh

NSXGB
03-08-2006, 06:59 AM
....bugger....only logged on today. Hope you had a good one.

kowalski
03-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Shame you couldnt make it, we had 4 NSX turn up.

Ian (whyone), John (jonathanolney), Paul (NSX2000) & me

It was good to meet you all, nice pub as well. Will have to do it again soon, hopefully when the A23 isn't closed, took me over an hour to get there and fifteen minutes back!

leigh

NSXGB
04-08-2006, 09:15 AM
Hopefully next time then...

Simon.

Senninha
04-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Sounds as though you've found a good venue.

What is everyones view on setting this as say a regular monthly meet? This way its in the diary and not dependant on one person being the catalyst each time?

regards

NSXGB
04-08-2006, 09:44 AM
At the moment I will still be going tomorrow, Steve (lotusolly) might be going as well, will both know for sure tomorrow. What times good?

We could do another mini meet another time, or do something like the Goodwood Breakfast club (sunday mornings) I think as were all fairly local it shoudnt be too much hassle to do other meets.

leigh

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the Goodwood Breakfast Club?

Simon.

ctrlaltdelboy
04-08-2006, 10:15 AM
http://www.goodwood.co.uk/breakfastclub/

WhyOne?
04-08-2006, 10:20 AM
It was great to meet you all the other night - it is quite apparent from speaking and listening to you I have a good deal to learn about this car!

As I mentioned, I shall be off the board for about 3 weeks, but I would love to meet up again sometime in september - Leigh's idea of the Breakfast club is a good one. Otherwise, there are plenty of beautiful pubs in Sussex for evening meets.

NSXGB
04-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Cheers Darren. That sounds cool.

Re: another meet, now the nights are drawing in, sooner rather than later for an evening meet maybe?

kowalski
04-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Might be off to Goodwood on Sunday, I know its "German week" but it would be nice to have an NSX in amongst the sea of silver boxters! Its a good excuse to get out early for a drive on Sundays!

As for making this a regular meet, definitely. It doesnt have to be only for Sussex members though, anyone can make it. Just have it as a South Coast meet. Will have to try and get pics next time as well.

leigh

Senninha
04-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Leigh,

I just mentioned Goodwood to the better half and she is keen :D

What time would you be planning to arrive and where would you be travelling from, maybe we could meet on route and really p**s off the coxster brigade :lol:

I'll be heading south from Essex.

regards

Paul

PS - May be worth kicking off a quick new thread if other interest as well??

kowalski
05-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Hi Paul,

I will probably try to get there for just after 9, leaving shoreham about 8.30 ish then travelling on the A27 to Goodwood.

Might just do the breakfast then try and get back here about 11.30, theres a Honda revs meeting in Shoreham tomorrow from 11.

Hopefully can do both!

leigh

Senninha
05-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Leigh,

Is there a convenient services on the 27 we could meet at?

I could come down the 23 to Brighton then pick up the 27 from there.

Hope to see you there, have pm mobile.

regards

Paul

kowalski
05-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Best bet would be come off the A27 to Shoreham Airport, its the turn just after you cross the adur river bridge,

I can be waiting there for you if you give me a call when you get on the A27 from the A23.

leigh

Senninha
05-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Excellent, will aim to be there around 8.30

Will call you as I'm nearing the bottom of the 23

Regards

Paul

kowalski
05-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Ok see you tomorrow

Senninha
07-08-2006, 01:07 AM
Leigh,

Good to meet up with you for the Goodwood breakfast (that you eventually got :wink: ). A good morning with a well attended event and some nice rare cars on display (our NSX's of course!)

A few photo's from the event attached.

A23 Warning - on my way to meet Leigh I was politely asked to slow down by a Police officer in an un-marked Dark Grey Focus ST!!!

Regards

Paul

kowalski
07-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Good to meet you both! and the breakfasts were good, first one was a bit heavy though!

My pics are roughly of the same cars. I like the Tornado one, might have to copy the idea and take mine round for a pic!

The Honda Revs guys were a laugh as well, very impressed by both cars!
Hope you had an uneventful drive back with no hassle from any Fords :)

leigh

WhyOne?
01-09-2006, 01:59 PM
As for making this a regular meet, definitely. It doesnt have to be only for Sussex members though, anyone can make it. Just have it as a South Coast meet. Will have to try and get pics next time as well.

Absolutely! A regular meet would be great.

Disappointed I couldn't make the Goodwood meet - some lovely cars there. Did you hear the Carrera GT running???? They are truely glorious sounding things!