PDA

View Full Version : My new Motor

sportyking
30-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Just to let you know that as Y1 left me a little earlier than I had hoped, I have bought a stopgap car to last me through the summer and into October.

I thought a little fun was in order so I picked up my Ariel Atom 275 on Friday.

More later, if it hasn't killed me :D

dan the man
31-07-2006, 06:51 AM
275..is that the supercharged K20??? :twisted:

WhyOne?
31-07-2006, 07:32 AM
When we last talked it was to be a stop-gap MX-5........which seems to have morphed into a supercharged Atom :shock: :shock: :shock:

Certifiably bonkers!!!!

My admiration for this type of behaviour is boundless.

Hope to see the Atom sometime soon.

Take good care (please!)

Papalazarou
31-07-2006, 09:43 AM
They make the Atom quite close to me, are you getting one from the factory?

Cheers,

James.

simonprelude
31-07-2006, 10:49 AM
My spy say's it was on his drive on Sunday :)

So when are the invites going out ??

Nick Graves
31-07-2006, 04:12 PM
:D

Well done!

Congratulations on your bonkersness, too.

Senninha
31-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Certifiably bonkers!!!!

My admiration for this type of behaviour is boundless.

Thats gotta be the fastest MX5 in town :lol: :lol:

Have fun and stay safe!

ctrlaltdelboy
31-07-2006, 08:37 PM
that's the kind of bonkers-ness I truly admire ;)

nice move mate!

sportyking
01-08-2006, 10:42 AM
I'm glad you approve of my madness, I am now officially certifiable :D

I thought I would hit a wall of disapproval from family members but only my dad is a little peeved because it is way to extreme for him to have his usual ring passenger laps in. I have to admit, even I struggle to justify where the money went on a car with no doors windows etc etc but as soon as I pull off the drive it doesn't matter.

At the weekend I installed my camera gear and a glove box (Power rangers pencil case) for holding my biggles type goggles, so I have doubled the weight and refinement now :D

It sounds like I will still be welcome at NSX meets so i will endeavour to get out there and give a few passenger rides, guided tours if needs be.

Yes the 275 is the Supercharged one but runs different ECU (MBE) and electrics to the 300 (Hondata). Apparently there is little true difference in outright power but the later Hondata is a more powerful ECU that refines the power delivery and has better low end power than the 275. This all conspires to make the 275 feel even more manic :D with less, especially when VTEC comes in. I haven't had the courage to find the rev limiter yet anyway.

Mine is actually a 220 that was factory supercharged for the owner a few hundred miles ago, just before he was re-deployed to the USA by his firm.

ctrlaltdelboy
01-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Back in the world of mundane cars....
:shock: :shock:

are you sure your sig is 100% correct mate?

sportyking
01-08-2006, 02:20 PM
:oops:

It's ok now

kowalski
01-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Crazy car, bet its a right laugh!

bit common though! :wink:

leigh

jaytip
02-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Do you wear a crash helmet when you drive it? I would be sooo paranoid of stones flicking up off cars in front.
Congratulations anyway,even more of a head turner than the NSX.

sportyking
02-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Crash helmet is really a sensible option out on the open road but not entirely necessary. I have bubble screens that help and there is surprisingly little buffeting at speed.
I have the biggles type goggles for eye protection for normal cruising.

If anyone is interested or up for it, the Atom is having its first Ring trip on 18/19/20 August and if I survive, a Donnington Track day booked on the 28th August. It would be nice to see some friendly faces around.

Senninha
02-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Good strap line .... answer - same place as the doors :lol: