with Jenson Button

britlude
30-07-2006, 07:20 PM
I'm there...

britlude
30-07-2006, 07:22 PM
he didn't beat the stig.....!

tho the stig has had more practice!

sorry for those planning to watch the repeat on moday!

modarr
30-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Relevant to an earlier thread, they seemed to agree that the car ran slower in hot weather!

Papalazarou
31-07-2006, 09:52 AM
I sat through half of top gear and switched it over. The last few weeks have been diabolical! I think they've seriously lost the plot.
In fact with the current content, how can they call it top gear?
The other week it was 60% caravans, this week it was all about bloody white vans!
For me it's getting old and although I never thought I'd say it, Fifth gear's looking like a much better option.

I've finished my bitching for now.

James.

britlude
31-07-2006, 05:25 PM
definately seems like top-gear is for the 'lads', and fifth gear is for the grown-ups!

never forgiven clarkson for the way he treated the maserati merak!

MattS
31-07-2006, 05:49 PM
5th Gear is becoming crap too. Those stupid 'competitions' (apparently being banned next year as they are akin to gambling - the answers are too obvious), are so annoying and it's obvious that they're pandering after the same audience as Top Gear. My Dad watches Top Gear and he hates cars!

And, I'll never forgive VBH for smashing and torturing that Merc E class - what a waste of a good car - just to try and emulate Top Gears' escapades with the Toyota pickup last year. Silly cow.

Senninha
31-07-2006, 07:26 PM
And, I'll never forgive VBH for smashing and torturing that Merc E class - what a waste of a good car -

I would have happily paid to run that Merc as a daily hack. Good honest cars like that are few and far between and should be looked after :evil: .

I have to admit to turning off since that episode as I saw it as worthless TV. I'm surprised VBH agreed to even go through with it!