PDA

View Full Version : BBC looking for car to film - urgent response

sorepaws
08-02-2018, 02:27 PM
The BBC are looking for a 1990/91/92 NSX for filming next week (Thursday 15th) Location TBA but in the south. If you are interested in loaning your pride and joy then drop me a PM - VERY Soon and I will give you the details and contact number.

They are doing a programme on nostalgic "poster" cars - as normal they plan these things month in advance then suddenly discover they need a car !!!

Ozmondo
08-02-2018, 02:46 PM
I am in the soutwest, but my car is not very original..

marknsx
08-02-2018, 03:05 PM
Is the spot still open?

sorepaws
08-02-2018, 03:17 PM
yes - but they want an early example - 91/92 as original as possible

Please PM me I will forward details of the BBC contact if your car meets their requirements

marknsx
08-02-2018, 03:24 PM
I have asked a friend who now owns my 1991 if he is interested. Just awaiting a reply. He is based in London

sorepaws
08-02-2018, 03:25 PM
I have asked a friend who now owns my 1991 if he is interested. Just awaiting a reply. He is based in London

I sent you a PM

Paul G
09-02-2018, 07:44 AM
The BBC are looking for a 1990/91/92 NSX for filming next week (Thursday 15th) Location TBA but in the south. If you are interested in loaning your pride and joy then drop me a PM - VERY Soon and I will give you the details and contact number.

They are doing a programme on nostalgic "poster" cars - as normal they plan these things month in advance then suddenly discover they need a car !!!

I have a 91 red manual. I do need to check whereabouts ... But if you send me details I'll get back to ASAP one way or other.

sorepaws
09-02-2018, 09:20 AM
PM sent -
"I do need to check whereabouts" Are you checking where the car is or the location for the filming ?

sorepaws
09-02-2018, 09:32 AM
Please read to the end

OK for those that have replied here - please - SEND ME A PM
I will need an email address and contact number.
I will forward this information to the BBC and they will then contact you for the details (they are still sorting some stuff out)
If you have already sent me this information in a PM - Thank you -
Remember you or at least your car will need to be available Thursday 15th February - at a destination to be advised in the south of England.
They are looking for a 91/92 - preferably unmodded
If you haven't already done so and are still interested then PM me !

Paul G
13-02-2018, 07:17 PM
Please read to the end

OK for those that have replied here - please - SEND ME A PM
I will need an email address and contact number.
I will forward this information to the BBC and they will then contact you for the details (they are still sorting some stuff out)
If you have already sent me this information in a PM - Thank you -
Remember you or at least your car will need to be available Thursday 15th February - at a destination to be advised in the south of England.
They are looking for a 91/92 - preferably unmodded
If you haven't already done so and are still interested then PM me !

Anyone heard back?

sorepaws
14-02-2018, 12:26 PM
I sent the details to the BBC researcher - they should be following up. I have had no further information from them

Paul G
14-02-2018, 11:13 PM
I sent the details to the BBC researcher - they should be following up. I have had no further information from them

I spoke with Gina from BBC about lunchtime today, unfortunately I was in Grimsby on business and logistically couldn't get things sorted for tomorrow, I wanted to be there as opposed to having the car trailered to location and back. A shame but it was last minute, I was told that they got let down at last minute... I tried...

sorepaws
15-02-2018, 07:53 PM
Would help if they gave more notice, but thank you to everyone for trying to provide a car.

britlude
15-02-2018, 08:47 PM
why does the entertainment industry ALWAYS want everything at the last moment, and are usually sooo vague on the details that no-one is willing to commit!

'NSX wanted next thursday in the south'.... that's anywhere from lands end to dover!!! so someone in devon says ok i can help, only to find they want the car in tonbridge, or vice versa! and they wonder why these things are a pain and not as well supported as they could be!

dcnsx
16-02-2018, 05:21 AM
Would help if they gave more notice, but thank you to everyone for trying to provide a car.

Why didn’t they just go to Honda UK and use theirs??

goldnsx
16-02-2018, 03:14 PM
Why didn’t they just go to Honda UK and use theirs??
Maybe because HUK had to deal with a journalist who brought a crashed car back...

Paul G
16-02-2018, 06:37 PM
Maybe because HUK had to deal with a journalist who brought a crashed car back...

I did get to read the T&C's on insurance and to be fair wasn't happy with some of the wording and liability, with no time to question and change, if that would happen, didn't help. Shame, but as mentioned better planning would give more chance of success, most know programme schedule a fair way ahead.

I guess there will be no review on the best 90's poster car to watch then! :-(

paulmnz
19-02-2018, 06:26 PM
I did get to read the T&C's on insurance and to be fair wasn't happy with some of the wording and liability, with no time to question and change, if that would happen, didn't help. Shame, but as mentioned better planning would give more chance of success, most know programme schedule a fair way ahead.

I guess there will be no review on the best 90's poster car to watch then! :-(

I offered my 1991 completely stock car, I was away but I had someone lined up to drive it where ever it was needed, but other than the OP and Mark (the previous owner), no one got back to me on it since I believe they thought they already had a car - I would have been happy to let a jorno drive it properly (within reason) as plenty of my friends including racing drivers have driven it including on race tracks.

Shame. a real missed opportunity!

Pride
19-02-2018, 06:32 PM
I offered my 1991 Nsx

Shame. a real missed opportunity!

What a fantastic picture you posted Paul, very brave of you relying on just a rear window sucker. 😰

Do do you sometimes put 2 bikes on it???

paulmnz
19-02-2018, 10:39 PM
What a fantastic picture you posted Paul, very brave of you relying on just a rear window sucker. 

Do do you sometimes put 2 bikes on it???

I did for that trip, that photo was a day-trip with just one bike, but this how the majority of the journey looked:

Nick Graves
20-02-2018, 02:29 PM
Ha! There's something brilliantly incongruous about that!

Did they stay on 'round the 'Ring?

Pride
20-02-2018, 03:09 PM

It's funny you should say that Nick, I'm sure Paul might enlighten you about that little story. :)

paulmnz
24-02-2018, 01:14 PM

I never got a chance to confirm that - I had all the cameras set up and ready... some video from the trip... some alpine road driving with bikes on the roof @ 5:20

https://youtu.be/xZLN1vc29fE (https://youtu.be/xZLN1vc29fE)

it's customary that all my road cars get a trip to the 'ring and do a lap (along with that photo of them parked up under the sign). For this trip I stopped in on the way to the alps, I had a ring card and had been waiting 2hrs for the track to re-open after a major accident. got all the way to the front of the queue and waved in by a couple of the marshals until a lady told me 'no'. I couldn't do a lap with the bikes on the roof... I think a sub-10 would have been doable even with the bikes!