PDA

View Full Version : what to buy

marknsx
06-02-2018, 08:55 AM
I am having to sell my NSX. A new business for sale.
I want to buy a "fast road" classic car to at least have something in the garage.
Choice V8 MG or 1960s/70s Alfa.
Im not looking to restore, just something to drive quickly.
Any thoughts chaps

NSX 2000
06-02-2018, 09:28 AM
I would recommend the V8 MG as all spare parts can be easily obtained here in the UK.

marknsx
06-02-2018, 09:30 AM
yes. it seems to be the less expensive option all round

marknsx
06-02-2018, 09:43 AM
Is there a recommended MG model with V8

dcnsx
07-02-2018, 09:00 AM
Something different how about a Lancia Integrale Evo? You’ll be keen to get away from the 40mph in the forest in favour of some national speed limit B roads. ��

marknsx
07-02-2018, 09:23 AM
Yes one of my boyhood dreams. What are the running cost per annum. I intend driving it. I don't want to be saddled with a drain on resources.

WhyOne?
07-02-2018, 09:27 AM
OK, a car which is rapidly attaining 'modern classic' status and if bought carefully (there are a surprising number of well maintained examples with low mileages out there) will probably spare you from the most expensive part of car ownership - depreciation.

How about a Lotus Elise S1 - a tremendous drivers car?

dcnsx
07-02-2018, 10:17 AM
Yes one of my boyhood dreams. What are the running cost per annum. I intend driving it. I don't want to be saddled with a drain on resources.

Running costs should be pretty fair if it’s had it’s regular maintanance it shouldn’t give you much trouble. Auto Integrale in Reading are very good, they have some nice examples in at the mo and you know you’ll be getting a good car. I had an 8 valve 20 years ago, always vowed to get an Evo but went for my other dream instead.

marknsx
07-02-2018, 11:29 AM
Thanks I will talk to Auto Integrale.

Hagasan
07-02-2018, 12:42 PM
Thanks I will talk to Auto Integrale.

Keith at AI is a good guy. I've had 4 Evo Integrales, one Lagos, two Giallo's and a Monza. Parts are very pricey now. Cars can be fragile if not looked after. The 16V needs Cam belt changes twice as frequently as recommended by Lancia/Fiat. Originality is everything with these nowadays..

marknsx
07-02-2018, 01:10 PM
Thank you for the heads up. I will ask for Keith

dcnsx
07-02-2018, 05:28 PM
Keith at AI is a good guy. I've had 4 Evo Integrales, one Lagos, two Giallo's and a Monza. Parts are very pricey now. Cars can be fragile if not looked after. The 16V needs Cam belt changes twice as frequently as recommended by Lancia/Fiat. Originality is everything with these nowadays..

Four Evo’s! good call sir. I adore the integrale, it was a long time weighing up which to go for, the NSX come out tops so there’s another ticked off the bucket list. I’m in a similar position to you now though marknsx, I want to release some cash but still want to keep something in the garage.

Hagasan
07-02-2018, 08:57 PM
Four Evo’s! good call sir. I adore the integrale, it was a long time weighing up which to go for, the NSX come out tops so there’s another ticked off the bucket list. I’m in a similar position to you now though marknsx, I want to release some cash but still want to keep something in the garage.

They weren't all at once though. ;) I did have the Lagos and on Giallo's at the same time briefly.. Like most folks, cars are stepping stones to something different. Two cars I wish I still had are my Integrale Lagos Blue and my 964RS.. Just hope they're both still in one piece! The Porsche went to Australia the lucky bugger...

dcnsx
08-02-2018, 08:30 AM
They weren't all at once though. ;) I did have the Lagos and on Giallo's at the same time briefly.. Like most folks, cars are stepping stones to something different. Two cars I wish I still had are my Integrale Lagos Blue and my 964RS.. Just hope they're both still in one piece! The Porsche went to Australia the lucky bugger...

Four at once, now that would be greedy! :) Always wanted one in Verde York, lovely.