PDA

View Full Version : Allo Wheel Damage

mcibuk
21-06-2004, 09:47 AM
Unfortunately, i think i discovered what oversteer is all about at the weekend when i put too much power going into a left hand bend which resulted in me being pulled into the kerb :oops: It may also have been my bad driving but I'll pass on that!
The result is not pretty as you can see from photo.
Does anyone know if there is an effective repair for this sort of superficial damage without resorting to new wheels? :cry:

ctrlaltdelboy
21-06-2004, 05:12 PM
I have 2 suggestions (apart from just leaving it!)

1. take the tyre off, file the damaged area smooth(ish) and then finish with some glasspaper - when satisfied with smoothness spray the repair with the official coloured spray paint available here (http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1242)

2. take all 4 wheels to your local 'wheel refurb' place and get them all done up lovely in a colour of your choice - I had mine done in Sebring Silver the same as the bodywork on my car.

lotusolly
23-06-2004, 10:25 PM
Hi,
When I bought my nsx the alloys had all suffered a little kerb damage and corrosion so I had the whole set refurbished before fitting new tyres.
I used a company called spit and polish in Tonbridge, Kent. All they do is refurbish wheels and are very good at it. They weld any damage and machine it back to a perfect finish(no filler), and they powder coat the wheels which i'm told gives a lot tougher protection against corrosion. I had mine finished in shadow chrome which looks like a polished metal finish rather than paint but is a lot more durable. They do have a collection service as their main customers are car dealers but I don't know if they go as far as Huddersfield. I live locally and my wheels were returned within 5 days looking fantastic.
My car is the yellow one at castle coombe, if you can see any details in the pictures on here but they were a bit dirty by the time i arrived there!
I think there prices vary from £40-£55 per wheel depending on size, finish and quantity.
Hope this is of help

Steve

BrownBear
24-06-2004, 10:03 AM
I can recommend Spit and Polish in Tonbridge, also. They did a fantastic job on the alloys on my Prelude.

Cheers
Joe

ctrlaltdelboy
24-06-2004, 10:53 AM
mcibuk - Sam lives in yorkshire and had her wheels refurbed locally - ask her and I'm sure she'll be able to refer you to the place she used - her handle on this forum is Ultraviolet

mcibuk
25-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Thanks for all your help - will try to follow up with "Ultraviolet".

ULTRAVIOLET - where are you!

UltraViolet
27-06-2004, 06:05 PM
Hiya,

I was at the JAPS show hence delay - but Ian Jemison in York does a first class job - I haven't got the contact details to hand, if you can't find them - give me a shout and I'll have a dig in my reciepts.