PDA

View Full Version : What do you reckon to this price?

BUG4LIFE
28-07-2006, 07:56 AM
Just having a look around on the net and I have come across a 91 NSX with 45k on the clock, from sale at a Honda dealer, for £24k. Of course its got full Honda service history and is Honda used car approved etc - but is this not a little expensive for the year? Or is it right for what a dealer would ask?

ctrlaltdelboy
28-07-2006, 08:01 AM
the price seems way too high in my opinion

WhyOne?
28-07-2006, 08:11 AM
the price seems way too high in my opinion

I agree.

Mileage is a strong card for the car, and if the overall condition is consistent with this, perhaps £21ish would not be unreasonable......especially if you get some sort of warranty for buying it through a dealer?

AR
28-07-2006, 08:16 AM
Too much money IMO.

simonprelude
28-07-2006, 08:34 AM
For that price I would expect the mileage to be lower than that, however as we all know the condition of an NSX is far more important than the mileage.

However I have seen cars with sub 20k miles on them go for that price or less.

Just having a look around on the net and I have come across a 91 NSX with 45k on the clock, from sale at a Honda dealer, for £24k. Of course its got full Honda service history and is Honda used car approved etc - but is this not a little expensive for the year? Or is it right for what a dealer would ask?

gsuds
28-07-2006, 08:52 AM
Agree, too-low miles not necessarily the best way forward - you do want the car to have been "exercised" properly. Condition is all.

But, yes, you could get a very nice early car for a lot less.[/quote]

kevinpsw
28-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Assuming the car is a manaul, it is not the original clutch and the belts have been changed on time, that the condition is what you would expect from a main dealer, that it hasn't been sitting for ages unused and there's a one year warranty, you should, in my opinion, expect to pay £20k+.

Buying privately with some minor blemishes and no comeback, I would have paid up to £17k for a such a low mileage 91.

Senninha
31-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Is it H7 NSX?

BUG4LIFE
01-08-2006, 07:53 AM
Yes Senninha you are right. Its at Chiswick Honda, would I be right in saying Chiswick are good peeps to go to regarding getting an NSX? Autocar did a story about the end of the NSX back last year [I knew it was a good idea keeping my old mags, forget what the girlfriend says!] and they featured Chiswick cos they experts right?

Senninha
01-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Will send you a pm

regards

Lankstarr
07-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Will send you a pm

regards

Sounds very ominous - if there is a warning to be heard, why not share with all?!

Difficult to "slag off" NSXs at any time, although lots of people don't know it or try to hide it I think that most NSXs have had a knock at some point in their lives.

Mixed views from me here!! I did a silly amount of digging when I found my car and found out it did have a knock... and a full respray after. I spoke to the Honda approved repairer who did everything and am confidently satisfied that it was a minor (allbeit expensive) knock and that the car was repaired to an excellent standard.

Many Honda UK cars were damaged and repaired by Honda before they were released to the mass market but if Honda has repaired them then I would say it is a safe bet that it has been done to a high standard.

I know that this fact will effect my resale value (if ever!!!) but I will point the buyer at the garage that repaired it and get them to speak to the head of the bodyshop, I dont know what more you can do to show that there are no after effects??

Is it better to know the life of a car and all the ins and outs where it was kept and looked after or just to hope that it hasn't been bent and put right without your knowledge?

Don't want to upset anyone but I am open about the fact my car has had a respray and if I ever came to sell would be pissed off if loads of people started slagging it off and saying it was a crash repair car without fully knowing the story behind it.

Equally if there is a complete dog out there that is a molested bad conditioned example then buyers should beware or be made to be aware! Noone in their right mind would believe that my car could have covered 48000 miles without a single stone chip - there are benefits to a good paint job!!

Right I have ranted on enough - I'm sure many of you have had or know of a few minor cosmetics done to your baby and noone likes to admit them in case others look at it as any less of a car.

I wish my car was still orange and not red - maybe one day it will be orange again! Still beggars cant be choosers and to find a mechanically and structurally sound 3.2 with pop ups is a tough job.. to find a perfect one at the right price is a dream for many but as AR has recently demonstrated it is pretty bloody hard!

Hope that makes up for my 2 weeks off!!! need to get back to some work now - I'll leave all the other new posts for catching up some other time!!!

Senninha
07-08-2006, 04:08 PM
if there is a warning to be heard, why not share with all?!

I offered the pm option to share my view on this car as I am no expert and do not have great mechanical knowledge.

At the end of the day, its going to be an individual decision to part with your hard earned cash, making as an informed a decision may be helped (or hindered) with comment from others.

Therefore, what I have offered to those who have asked is my opinion on this particular NSX.

regards

Lankstarr
07-08-2006, 04:12 PM
didnt want to dig at you - sparked off my noseyness - I wanna know... pm me too please - your non mechanical opinion will be valued :wink:

Papalazarou
07-08-2006, 04:13 PM
That's a great perspective. Personally I agree with you that many NSX's have had odd bits of bodywork done at some stage in their lives.
I'm not sure why so many people have a hangup with the whole paint thing in the first place to be honest.
My car's had the nose and the rear bumper resprayed because the dealer network did it before I owned the car and didn't get the colour right (red is a nightmare though).
I think that some people have the ownership thing a bit askew (although each to his own), I think that these cars are here to be used and if something wears out in the process, then it's a great opportunity to fit something shinier in it's place!
In many ways I'd like to buy an earlier car that needs work and slowly bring it back to good condition. There's a challenge in it and you're not going to worry every time someone breaths on it wrong.

cheers Luke and thanks for the opportunity to continue the rant.

James.

TheQuietOne
08-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Come on then Paul I think you better PM me too now you have got me intrigued...!

P.S. Luke I'm right with you - the car is for enjoying and appreciating and if that means it is kept in good mechanical condition but in a different spec / colour then sobeit. We both know just how perfect yours is from the bottom! (wait for Darren's smutty comment):wink: :!:

James as usual you use this forum to force your opinions about 'paint' and Targa's being better down our throats...your like a stuck record! :wink: :shock: :D :lol: 8) :wink:
Dear All, please be aware this is a joke (I don't want another PM incident James, or a diatribe from DocL)!

Matt.

Papalazarou
08-08-2006, 05:20 PM
Now where did I put that picture?

Cheers,

James.

TheQuietOne
09-08-2006, 08:48 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Sorry - Sorry - Sorry - Sorry - Sorry - Sorry - Sorry - Sorry - Sorry -

simonprelude
09-08-2006, 10:19 AM
I happened to see VPR7 in Plymouth on Saturday, looks very clean and a good price, but no longer on their website or Autotrader, assume it must have gone.

They now have a 1999 S2000 in so perhaps another S2000 defector has come to the world of real performance :)

Papalazarou
09-08-2006, 05:24 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Sorry - Sorry - Sorry - Sorry - Sorry - Sorry - Sorry - Sorry - Sorry -

For now you are safe.

For now.

James.

dan the man
09-08-2006, 08:07 PM
I happened to see VPR7 in Plymouth on Saturday, looks very clean and a good price, but no longer on their website or Autotrader, assume it must have gone.

They now have a 1999 S2000 in so perhaps another S2000 defector has come to the world of real performance :)

why they bought a DC5? :o :o :o :lol:

ctrlaltdelboy
09-08-2006, 09:11 PM
:roll:

dan the man
09-08-2006, 09:48 PM
hey was kiddin, cant wait to STEP UP to an NSX.

Ill leave my humour at home next time :wink:

simonprelude
10-08-2006, 07:12 AM
If they then want to upgrade from the DC5 they could always buy a DC2 :)

why they bought a DC5? :o :o :o :lol:

dan the man
10-08-2006, 04:45 PM
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: