PDA

View Full Version : Dent removal - seriously good company!

WhyOne?
28-07-2006, 07:23 AM
Y1 had a couple of parking dents/creases in the passenger door (both about 2-3" long, one very slight, one more obvious, both pointed out to me by Richard before purchase) plus a small (~10p piece) impact dent on the bonnet (boxed section on the underside of this dent).

I was aware that 'invisible' / 'painless' dent removal was rather more difficult on aluminium bodied cars than steel, so it was with some trepidation that I took the car down to Dent Magician in Small Dole, Sussex, yesterday afternoon.

I have used Dent Magician a number of times in the past and had always been mightily impressed at their skill and customer care. When I arrived at the workshop I was somewhat gobsmaked to see a Ferrari F50 parked inside! Simon (the proprietor) explained it was one of his Dad's collection of Ferrari’s:shock: and once it was apparent that I was keen on cars and knew a bit about the F50, he spent a good 30 min's showing me around the car - with the rear clam up, it really does look exactly like an F1 car underneath (unsurprising really as it is based on the F191)

Anyway, I digress....sort of.....the reason Simons Dad is able to afford a collection of Ferrari’s is that he owns Frosts, one of the Largest Jaguar franchises in the country. And of course, Jaguar have started producing cars with aluminium bodies......and Dent Magician have quite rightly IMHO anticipated a growing need for dent removal in this material, so have done a little homework.

Simon worked for 2 solid hours on Y1 and I can honestly say the dents have completely and absolutely gone....no trace whatsoever - I was stunned - the best I hoped for was a 70-80% improvement.

The cost for this work - £89 all in!

Website link here:

http://www.dentmagician.co.uk/flash.htm

So, if you are unfortunate enough to have a ding or 2 in your NSX, I cannot recommend this place highly enough - tremendous service and great value for money.

NSXGB
28-07-2006, 07:02 PM
....almost makes me wish I had some dents to get removed... :)

Whyone....are you another Sussex member?

WhyOne?
28-07-2006, 08:37 PM
....almost makes me wish I had some dents to get removed... :)

Whyone....are you another Sussex member?

Be careful what you wish for! :shock:

Yes, I am in Sussex - up on the High Weald between East Grinstead and Haywards Heath - we're very lucky to live in such a beautiful area. Where are you _ I 'm always game for a beer and car ogling session - especially as I have so much to learn about the NSX!

NSXGB
28-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Crawley.

especially as I have so much to learn about the NSX!

Afraid you could write what I know on the back of a postage stamp :!: but keen to learn more myself....

ctrlaltdelboy
31-07-2006, 09:15 AM
discussion on sussex meet moved to here (http://nsxcb.co.uk/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=1694)

WhyOne?
31-07-2006, 09:34 AM
discussion on sussex meet moved to here (http://nsxcb.co.uk/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=1694)

Ah......that makes sense - thanks Darren!