PDA

View Full Version : Morning all

GregR
27-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Hi folks,

Just had my account verified after lurking for a fortnight or so. Am presently wading through all of the information on your boards re. buying an NSX - there's a lot to get through!

I'm finally thinking of relinquishing my brand loyalty to Lotus - having been considering a 240 Cup at £40k, I considered thinking rather further out of the box and I could get hold of a (hopefully) decent NSX for the same amount of cash - so the transition from mini-exotic to proper supercar came onto the cards!

I'll no doubt get the chance to catch up with you guys soon, and if any are in the Edinburgh area, feel free to drop me a line.

Cheers,

Greg

NSXGB
27-07-2006, 09:54 AM
Welcome...

I think there are a few members, judging by the map on the home page, who are nearish to you.
There are also a few cars for sale at the moment in your price range.
Hope you make the right decision!

DTA-Motorsport
27-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Morning Greg,

Welcome to the board!

Have a look at the link in the following thread:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=1669

It's a great looking car, only 7k miles on the odometer and a shade over your $40k budget (up for sale at £43k).

Good luck with the search and well done for thinking "outside" the box!

Regards,

Dan
DTA-Motorsport (UK)[/url]

GregR
27-07-2006, 10:03 AM
That's a beautiful car, and something I would have expected to sell well in excess of that price tag!

However (there's always a but!), I really prefer the pre-facelifted cars :? For that money, someone is going to get a real bargain.

NSXGB
27-07-2006, 10:11 AM
If you prefer an earlier car, you will be ok with your budget and have some cash for a few mods too.

jaytip
27-07-2006, 11:56 AM
I spotted this one on auto trader today.Looking at that one photo,it looks lovely,and well within your budget.

NSXGB
27-07-2006, 01:42 PM
The alloys are nice, are they 'BoatBoys' old alloys??

AR
27-07-2006, 01:51 PM
I do not know if they are his, but they are the same type.

IMHO it looks too Prime for my taste.

Cheers

Ary

DTA-Motorsport
27-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Those are Kahn alloys. I've been hunting for some Kahn RS-C 2pc alloys (19") for my 300ZX for a while now. Still quite expensive but very classy!

gsuds
28-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Hi Greg,

I'm in Edinburgh area (well, East Lothian - Pencaitland). These cars are often OK at any age/price (but get 'em inspected!). Mine's 13y.o./86K/used daily all weathers. You could have an earlier car AND an Elise if you wanted.....just playing devil's advocate, you understand :wink:

Graham