PDA

View Full Version : OE wheels and stereo wanted

Papalazarou
15-10-2017, 03:14 PM
Looking for OE wheels. Either 15/16's or 16/17's. Happy to buy in singles if anyone has a spare one knocking about.
However, if anyone has a set of 17" Volk CE 28's or te37's I may also be interested.
I also need an OE stereo.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

James.

NSXGB
15-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Welcome back ;)

Papalazarou
16-10-2017, 07:17 AM
Thanks Simon,

It feels like a long time since I was here. Looking forward to getting the car to a high standard and doing some events next year.

Cheers.

WhyOne?
16-10-2017, 10:30 AM
Can't help with the wheels, but good to see you on the forum again James.

Papalazarou
16-10-2017, 05:00 PM
Thanks Ian,

It's good to be back! Just got to wait for the car to arrive.

Cheers,

James.

Silver Surfer
16-10-2017, 11:02 PM
Welcome back James...looking forward to see you back in the NSX.

SS

Papalazarou
17-10-2017, 06:07 AM
Welcome back James...looking forward to see you back in the NSX.

SS

Me too! I've had some great cars in the interim. But none had the soul of the Honda.

Cheers.

Kaz-kzukNA1
17-10-2017, 11:23 AM
Welcome back, James.
Good to hearing from the previous owner returning to the ownership.

One owner left set of OEM 15/16 wheels years ago at my place but they are all scratched so must be refurbished.
I don't want to be involved in the buy/sale process so if you are interested, please let me know and I can forward the contact detail.
Collection from my place only please.

I think one owner bought one of the refurbished OEM wheel from Rockauto.
It was for the 15/16 'fat five' ones and I think only one wheel left by now.

For the OEM audio head unit, if you can find good working one, happy to refurbish it.

For the speaker, if you need the complete speaker box including the speaker and the AMP, you can buy them at really good price from Bose USA.
They will only ship to US address.
They don't sell just the AMP though so the weight and size of the package to be considered when asking someone to forward it to UK.

Bose Germany sells the rear AMP as a standalone parts (the one for the passenger footwell bass speaker box) without the speaker/box so if you need just a new AMP for this location, then that may be more cost effective than sending the whole speaker box from US (again, this AMP is just for the passenger footwell one and it's not the same as the one inside the door speaker box).

I can refurbish just the AMP but if the damages are too severe, better replacing it.

Any way, good to catching up with you in the future.

Kaz

Papalazarou
17-10-2017, 12:35 PM
Paul,

Great to catch up earlier. Will definitely get to one of your meets.

Kaz,

Thank you for your kind offer and advice. I was contacted by a forum member last night regarding wheels and have managed to buy some oe 15/16's. But thank you very much.
I'm not sure whether the car has the original speakers, but I suspect they may have been removed. I have been offered a few parts and possibly a radio. So will definitely be in touch, as I do not expect it to work;-)

Thanks again,

James

nobby
17-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Welcome back James.

Interested to see what you return in

Papalazarou
18-10-2017, 03:29 PM
Welcome back James.

Interested to see what you return in

I'll post some photos when it arrives. I'm hoping December, but maybe January.

Cheers.

NSX 2000
19-10-2017, 08:50 AM
Hi James

Long time no post, did you get fed up with the European Marks?

I can't temp you with some very rare NSX specific BBS 18inch split rims?

Paul

Papalazarou
19-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Hi James

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you, but that's what's coming off. Although they're 17/18's and gold!!

Cheers,

James.

Papalazarou
19-10-2017, 08:06 PM
I'm still looking for a pair of from 16/17 seven spikes if anyone has a wheel or two hanging around. I know it's a longshot.

Cheers.

NSXGB
20-10-2017, 12:03 PM
Hi James

Paul

PM Paul...

Papalazarou
20-10-2017, 01:07 PM
Paul,

Reference the German stuff. In the interim I had a boxster spyder 987, a Cayman R and an E46 CSL.
The spyder was great. I'd wanted one since they were launched. Great steering, sounds pretty good and it had ceramics, so really good on track, if not a little boaty in places. The CR steered slightly better, was stiffer than the spyder. But never tracked it.
The CSL was fun. A great track car as everyone knows. But didn't keep my attention for long. It never felt special to me. Just another E46. The seats are crippling too. Little adjustment. The gearbox is a novelty to start, but after a while, the agricultural feel gets old. They are also a little fragile compared to the NSX; this is a slightly ambiguous statement as most are used hard, and as a result they wear parts faster. I guess if people were regularly tracking NSX's in the UK, service histories would be full of clutch, top mount and ball joint replacements too.
However, it doesn't change the fact that many have had engines, numerous suspension parts and SMG parts. Your average CSL with 80K miles has had £30K thrown at it.
So yes, back to the Honda. It always feels like an event to me. It sounds great. Is built better than anything else. And there must be a reason I've owned 8!

Cheers

goldnsx
20-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Your average CSL with 80K miles has had £30K thrown at it.
Do you mean a car that has been tracked?
Even though the Germans build great driving machines I don't trust their built-in obsolescence. This is the main and mostly overlooked difference between the NSX and the rest.

Papalazarou
20-10-2017, 05:21 PM
Do you mean a car that has been tracked?
Even though the Germans build great driving machines I don't trust their built-in obsolescence. This is the main and mostly overlooked difference between the NSX and the rest.

I think most CSL's do a mixture of road and track. I don't think you'd have to do a huge amount of track miles in a CSL to experience some large bills though. Mine had bills for £3K just before I bought it and I spent a further three to get it to the appropriate standard. And that was a really good low mileage car.
I've only had one NSX that ever had real signs of track related wear. That was bottom ball joints at 35k miles. But looking back through the history, no other issues.
With regard to built in obsolesence, you only have to look at the engines Porsche put into the 996/7, boxsters, caymans. Although you could argue that was just shoddy design followed by the warranty numbers game. Although I think the yanks took a private action against Porsche for that one.
The great thing about the NSX is it doesn't have any weak areas worth getting upset about. Apart from early snap ring issues. Everything else might be annoying, but is either age related or trivial in comparison to other marques.

goldnsx
20-10-2017, 07:00 PM
The great thing about the NSX is it doesn't have any weak areas worth getting upset about.
Well summarized.
If Porsche then an air-cooled one as a fun (not track) car. But nothing compares to the build quality of the NSX. That can be said for sure... I'm approaching 200k km soon and don't want to imagine what I had to go though with any other car regarding the threads on the related forums...

Papalazarou
28-10-2017, 07:39 AM
Thank you gentlemen for your kind offers. I now have all the wheels I need and maybe even a radio.

Cheers.