PDA

View Full Version : Old style A/C system?

SteveTW
26-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi All NSX'S, Does anyone know how you can topup the old A/C system or what if any other options I have. Many thanks in advance Steve

jaytip
26-07-2006, 12:03 PM
While i was having my Audi re-gassed the other day,i was talking to the chap doing it and told him about my last NSX which had the now illegal gas in it.
He told me that although the proper procedure was to change all the O-rings in the system because of the new gas,you don't really have to.He reckons the system would be ok for 8-10 years before the O-rings start to perish and need replacing.

Don't know if he was giving his opinion or speaking fact though.

kowalski
26-07-2006, 12:44 PM
I had mine changed over to the new gas a couple of years ago, all they did was remove the old gas, flush through, modify the filling points and re-gas. Had no problem with leaks etc since. Took about half an hour to do.

leigh

Minch
26-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Does anyone know a good place to get air con fixed? I bought the car + box of air con bits! So hence in this glorious weather it gets a bit sticky . . .

SteveTW
26-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Can you put me onto someone in London area who has flushed the old system out and added the new stuff to an NSX.

Thanks for any help in advance Steve

NSXGB
26-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Can you put me onto someone in London area who has flushed the old system out and added the new stuff to an NSX.

Thanks for any help in advance Steve

http://www.ukmotoringdirectory.co.uk/motoring.php?id=4848

Googled this lot, should be able to find one a local one out of these, I don't think the job is anything out of the ordinary on an NSX.

forumadmin
27-07-2006, 09:37 PM
I am in the process of having my aircon fixed. The compressor has been rebuilt. When refilling Norton Way have said that the new gas is a cheaper gas, and so adding the cost of new o-rings balances it out.

They also recommended replacing the seals.

It is possible to get an R12 replacement gas, without needing seals.

DTA-Motorsport
28-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Just out of curiosity (and hopefully it may help someone), does anyone know exactly how many grammes of the gas needs to be in the NSX a/c system?

Thanks,

Dan