PDA

View Full Version : NA1 to NA2 cross over front bumper

Senninha
24-07-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm trying to ascertain if there is any interest for a 'cross-over' front bumper assembly.

I like the 02 rear valance and side sills, viewing them as a step forward over the original. My problem is that I also like the pop ups lights of the original.

What I would like to achieve is 02 front bumper 'style' upgrade that retains the lights (and I guess the side/indicators) but also offers the cleaner front lower bumper of the 02. It would then align to sides and rear upgrades.

As a one off exercise this will prove to be quite costly, however, if there are other owners interested in this option then it could reduce costs significantly.

Please advise if you have an interest.

regards

Minch
24-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Hmmm, not sure about a new front bumper because I think the look of the priginal front still lokks good. However I do like Darren's NSX rear valance. Think it might help set off the new exhaust I've had fitted like the 02 NSX.

(PS . . . . pictures of the mods to follow in a separate thread)

jaytip
24-07-2006, 08:23 PM
If you look at the two photos below,you will see that the upper half of the 01 and the lower half of the 02 will not match up without doing a lot of work to both pieces.

Senninha
24-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Here's one I've found on Prime........just can't find the maker :x

ctrlaltdelboy
24-07-2006, 09:10 PM
that looks like a one-piece replacement of both upper and lower sections acheiving the hybrid 'look' that we are talking about.

sure looks cool - feel free to unearth more info on this ;)

AR
24-07-2006, 09:11 PM
That looks like a custom job mate. Why no go for a CF front splitter? Imagine you go thru all the effort and £££ and end up with a sagging front bumper a year down the road!

Cheers

AR

ctrlaltdelboy
24-07-2006, 09:13 PM
I would imagine that a splitter would be added to the above before it was delcared 'finished', after all, all versions of the NSX in oem trim do have them, and pretty much all aftermarket fronts that I've seen do too.

Senninha
24-07-2006, 09:21 PM
It would def need the splitter to finish it off. Will continue to hunt for this to complete the hybrid 02+ facelift.

jaytip
24-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Will continue to hunt for this to complete the hybrid 02+ facelift.
Hmm please do that.I like the look of that piece above :D

Senninha
04-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Here's one I've found on Prime........just can't find the maker :x

See previous picture above

I'm off to talk to a couple of fabricators next week to see if this hybrid front end is feasable or not.
It would be useful to know how many would be interested as from conversations I've had, if I can indicate a true interest there's more chance of making progress.

So if you're interested at this stage please add to list below

1. Paul - Senninha
2. Jaytip
3. ?
4. ?

Thanx

ctrlaltdelboy
04-08-2006, 11:45 PM
sorry, but though it looks cool I will be sticking with my current front end which I have already modded with brake ducting.

Senninha
04-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Apologies Darren, list amended