PDA

View Full Version : Clutch master RH <> LH?

goldnsx
12-09-2017, 04:06 PM
Does anybody know if the RH clutch master fits on a LH? The part no. are different, I can't find -A01 in Japan (US part no.). In Japan it ends with -003. Thanks.

NSXGB
12-09-2017, 05:50 PM
They are different AKAIK.

Have you enquire with Marc Perez, he is quite helpful?

goldnsx
12-09-2017, 08:08 PM
Thanks for your reply. I've been able to find the -A01 version (LHD) in Japan even though Japan is RHD. I'm still waiting for a feedback on the sales guy.

We ran into a similar problem with the fuel filter which is said to be not deliverable in Europe anymore. But I saw that there was a substitute.

NSXGB
12-09-2017, 08:32 PM
Your our other option in RockAuto....

Thanks for your reply. I've been able to find the -A01 version (LHD) in Japan even though Japan is RHD. I'm still waiting for a feedback on the sales guy.

We ran into a similar problem with the fuel filter which is said to be not deliverable in Europe anymore. But I saw that there was a substitute.

Pride
12-09-2017, 09:20 PM

I bought one of these from Opie oils, they are one of our vendors and will give you a discount if you mention you are from NSXCB.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/pv-90774-mahle-fuel-filter-kl746-honda-nsx-single.aspx?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-IrS1Mig1gIVDYGyCh2NOgPDEAQYAiABEgIqwfD_BwE

A perfect fit replacement.👍

Kaz-kzukNA1
13-09-2017, 12:09 PM
Hi, goldnsx.
Bit too late but glad you are sorted now.

As NSXGB recommended, Marc is based in Japan and helped many owners.
Quite often, you can find discontinued parts still available in Japan.
You can also find some of the LHD specific parts in Japan although not all of them.

Someone on Prime mentioned that Centric CL master cyl (LHD) is the same as the OEM one (LHD) but I have never bought one so can't confirm.

The fuel filter was on long back order in 2016.
I had to wait for nearly 1 year, from May/16 to Apr/17 for it.
Mahle KL746 is good. Checked the fuel pressure as well in my blog.

Never tried RHD CL master on the LHD model so I could be wrong but I guess you are going to have problem around the pushrod.

LHD CL pedal is closer to the wheel arch compared to the RHD one and still, you need to gain the same amount of pedal stroke.

The majority of piston cyl is outside of the cabin with the LHD master cyl whereas it's inside the cabin on the RHD one.
So, probably the RHD master cyl gets too close to the LHD CL pedal??? Don't know....

Kaz

hkz286
13-09-2017, 02:44 PM
having bought a LHD clutch master cylinder from rock auto by mistake, and had it next to a RHD one that I took off my car, I can 100% say they are different and a LHD will not fit a RHD car, having tried to fit one and all :P

NSXGB
13-09-2017, 03:17 PM
There may also be the possibility to use the RHD seal kit to refurbish your LHD one (assuming the bore is OK). They are available in JPN, most likely to be identical but obviously I've never tried...
Very cheap fix.

goldnsx
13-09-2017, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the hint. I've thought about that but as the parts are not for my car the owner prefers a simple exchange procedure. But with the used parts which will be taken out I'll give them a try and see how the refurbishing kit works.

NSXGB
13-09-2017, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the hint. I've thought about that but as the parts are not for my car the owner prefers a simple exchange procedure. But with the used parts which will be taken out I'll give them a try and see how the refurbishing kit works.

I had a quick look at the parts system and it seems that if you only have to replace the rubber seals, it will set you back about $10.

goldnsx
13-09-2017, 09:32 PM
Do you have a link or the part no.? As they had to rebuild the hydraulic system every few years in Japan there is said to be a rebuild kit to lower the costs to pass 'MOT'.

NSXGB
16-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Do you have a link or the part no.? As they had to rebuild the hydraulic system every few years in Japan there is said to be a rebuild kit to lower the costs to pass 'MOT'.

Here you go. Have a look round to confirm they are right for your car, pretty sure they are all the same. http://jp-carparts.com/honda/partlist.php?maker=honda&type=NSX&cartype=1245&fig=B&fig1=2320