PDA

View Full Version : Guy Martin tests NSX in Sunday Times

gcon45
10-09-2017, 11:43 AM
Interesting write up.

Pride
10-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Thanks for posting the image.

I've just read it and he really likes it, in fact he even mentions that it's the best car he's ever driven and coming from this very likeable and credible racer means so much to so many.

Good news for Honda.👍

Thank goodness it wasn't Clarkson reviewing it, all you would get then would be nit picking and Micky taking as per.😤

Senninha
10-09-2017, 04:27 PM
Thanks for posting the image.

Good news for Honda.👍

Thank goodness it wasn't Clarkson reviewing it, all you would get then would be nit picking and Micky taking as per.😤

Im not so sure Clarkson would .... Sure, he would pick up on some of the below par fittings like the paddles, but given that every journo thus far has praised it as a driving machine, and Harris hailed it as a 918 for 10% of the price, I think Jeremy would offer an honest view ...

Ive not been watching the Grand Tour, but surely they have already reviewed the NC1? Anyone know how it faired??

Pride
10-09-2017, 06:39 PM
Im not so sure Clarkson would .... Sure, he would pick up on some of the below par fittings like the paddles, but given that every journo thus far has praised it as a driving machine, and Harris hailed it as a 918 for 10% of the price, I think Jeremy would offer an honest view ...

Ive not been watching the Grand Tour, but surely they have already reviewed the NC1? Anyone know how it faired??

The only problem with Jezza's "honest" view though is to sensationalise its faults to obtain maximum shock headlines to who ever is paying for his services.

He never really liked our origanol NSX during its 15 years of production except when he waved it goodbye in a weird PlayStation type tribute to it at the Laguna Seca circuit in 2005.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/3022390/jeremy-clarkson-why-the-new-honda-nsx-wasnt-worth-the-wait/

Guy's review is far more honest which i found really refreshing.

Nick Graves
17-09-2017, 09:19 AM
Mr Clarkson prefers more hooligan cars - which is why he liked the S2000.

WhyOne?
18-09-2017, 08:50 AM
Ha!

Guy stole my line - when people ask what sort of car I drive, I tend to say 'an old Honda'....

NZNick
18-09-2017, 10:30 AM
Me too - it saves a lot of hassle!

britlude
18-09-2017, 10:13 PM
on a slight aside, the Guy Martin speed program with the Williams pit crew was excellent!

WhyOne?
19-09-2017, 07:54 AM
on a slight aside, the Guy Martin speed program with the Williams pit crew was excellent!

Continuing the aside, I find most of the programs featuring Guy highly watchable - he is an unlikely TV presenter, but very engaging and does genuinely seem to relate to people of all walks of life very well indeed.