PDA

View Full Version : Pistonheads test v 570GT

Nick Graves
04-07-2017, 03:59 PM
https://www.pistonheads.com/features/ph-features/honda-nsx-vs-mclaren-570gt/36450

Enjoy/enrage/discuss...

havoc
05-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Having ridden shotgun in a 650S (yes I know it's more than the NC1) I am firmly of the opinion that the Mclarens are the spiritual successors to the original NSX:-
- Sublime ride, without compromising handling
- Great visibility
- Perfect cabin ergonomics - the seat was immediately and perfectly comfortable and supportive, the driving position likewise very hard to fault
- Linear-yet-characterful delivery (at least with the sports exhaust)
- Focus on light-weight materials to deliver a Chapman-lite approach to performance.

Not saying the NC1 is a bad car (feel of the seat / h-point etc. very similar to NA1, despite the different design, cabin ergonomics also good, visibility OK), but it IS a very complicated car...and a very heavy one!

NSX 2000
06-07-2017, 10:02 AM
A very balanced and well writen article.

I would say this article could of been written in 1991 about an NA1 NSX and a Peter Stevens 4th Generation Lotus Esprit.

With regards to the NC1 being complicated, I see no differance to how complicated the NA1 seemed at its launch, with things like ABS brakes and electric power steering.

Nick Graves
06-07-2017, 12:16 PM
Indeed - they are probably repeating the same mistake of believing the NSX is some sort of supercar, when it's really a luxury GT car.