PDA

View Full Version : Very urgent requirement - Gen 1 NSX-R to display at Goodwood, can you help?

trackdemon
26-06-2017, 02:15 PM
Afternoon all! I only ever seem to post here when I need something..... urgently :D As my own NSX is (finally) off to be restored back to rude health I should have plenty to contribute in due course.

However, I was wondering if you'd be able to help in tracking down a mk1 NSX-R which somebody would be willing to display at Goodwood this weekend? We had one arranged (the guys at Honda UK) as part of a 25years Type R celebration but it's pulled last minute, gutting as it would be a shame not to have the jewel in the crown as part of the assembly. They'd like to do 2 drives up the hill on Thursday in the hands of a professional driver, then static display for the show; worst case we could just do static display. Naturally, Honda would ensure hospitality tickets for the weekend. Please drop me an email steve@stevehallphotography.net if you can help or feel free to call me on 07889102612 - it's really urgent so would like to get something in place today if that is possible by some miracle!

thanks,
Steve

Pride
26-06-2017, 08:41 PM
Hi trackdemon, I've just WhatsApp'ed Kye P this request link as he hasn't looked at this forum for over two weeks now so hopefully he will respond back very soon.

trackdemon
26-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Many thanks!

goldtop
27-06-2017, 08:09 PM
They'd like to do 2 drives up the hill on Thursday in the hands of a professional driver

Hmmm... what could possibly go wrong?

Pride
28-06-2017, 11:38 AM
Hi guys, don't forget to look out for Kye P's beautiful 1992 NSX-R in white over the weekend if you're going and live on line if you're viewing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NEhEbPoDtHo

Well done mate.:)

https://www.goodwood.com/flagship-events/festival-of-speed/?utm_source=The%20Goodwood%20Estate%20Company%20Lt d&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=8425482_FOSI%20-%20LiveStream%20-%20June17&utm_content=fos%20home&dm_i=1QLU,50L56,ANSFMB,J4NKN,1

"Some time between June 29th and July 2nd you’ll need to be at the 2017 Goodwood Festival of Speed (https://www.goodwood.com/flagship-events/festival-of-speed/), motoring and motorsport’s world-renowned garden party, to ogle an assortment of precious metal that falls under the newly announced theme ‘Peaks of Performance – Motorsport’s Game-Changers’."

I reckon this is why Kye's car was so needed, I'm sure it will be a true highlight of the show, can't wait.

https://www.goodwood.com/grrc/event-coverage/festival-of-speed/2017/1/2017-festival-of-speed-theme-announced/

britlude
28-06-2017, 05:18 PM
i shall see it being gently driven tomorrow, and static, probably covered in fingerprints, saturday!

trackdemon
28-06-2017, 11:52 PM

Nothing, given it's (a) not an absolute requirement (b) a comfortable cruise on Thursday, not a high speed timed supercar lap

trackdemon
28-06-2017, 11:53 PM
Many thanks for helping out here guys, I'm there tomorrow so look forward to seeing it too. Super that we could complete the line up of Type R's, much kudos

goldtop
29-06-2017, 10:33 PM
Nothing, given it's (a) not an absolute requirement (b) a comfortable cruise on Thursday, not a high speed timed supercar lap

Hopefully not like today's RS200 cruise... ;)

britlude
30-06-2017, 07:13 AM
Hopefully not like today's RS200 cruise... ;)

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/news/circuit-owner-crashes-classic-car-128066/ (http://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/news/circuit-owner-crashes-classic-car-128066/) :)

NSX 2000
30-06-2017, 03:59 PM

A jurno from AUTOCAR could be allowed to drive it?

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-goodwood-festival-speed/driving-iconic-honda-nsx-r-goodwood

Pride
30-06-2017, 09:25 PM
A stunning star supercar:

Pride
02-07-2017, 12:12 AM
Looking very at home on the hill,😎

https://youtu.be/HYBElTRfcOA

Pride
02-07-2017, 06:07 PM
I've just been watching the very last Supercar run of the day up the hill Goodwood and because it's the last demonstration run of the day you can visibly see that each and every car is going flat out to impress the crowds.

Now, there is a 15 second gap allowed between each car at the start, ensuring no Supercar catches up with the car in front over the 1.16 mile length of the run.

Out goes the blue Honda NCA1 at full throttle with a pro driver behind the wheel, 15 seconds later following it up the hill is the new Maclaren P1GTR, all 1,320bhp of it, but to my amazement coming into the home straight with a great image of the P1 gaining very rapidly on the Honda, indeed making the NSX look very pedestrian.😟

Probably less than a tenth of a second or so behind as this screen shot shows.😳

Come on Acura/Honda, time to bring out a "balls to the wall" NSX GTR (not just an R) and compete to win this and other showcase events as I didn't here the word Honda NSX mentioned once during the live streaming, it looks like Acura took so long getting it into production the media have already got totally bored with it.☹️

For all its technical abilities at an event like this the NSX is just too "safe" in my opinion.

The original NSX and NSXR broke the mould way back in 1990-92 in a way the new model just doesn't, now they were real "game changers". 👏👏👏👏👏

britlude
02-07-2017, 06:56 PM
all the runs i saw of it were 'pedestrian', not being pushed very hard, if at all... not sure whether they were too worried about breaking the drivetrain, or parking it in the hay bales! at one point i did wonder if they were going EV only!!!

it's like they have made it, but are a bit embarrassed to actually show it off/try to sell it!

you STILL couldn't get near the NSX on the stand!! one day they might actually let people sit in it!

Pride
02-07-2017, 08:00 PM
I've also just heard that one of the new HUK NSX's has been badly "keyed" by some mindless moron.

Maybe that will always now make them barrier off the car at shows like these. Very sad.☹️

havoc
02-07-2017, 08:50 PM
it's like they have made it, but are a bit embarrassed to actually show it off/try to sell it!

you STILL couldn't get near the NSX on the stand!! one day they might actually let people sit in it!

I'm not sure you're that far off the mark Jonathan - after all, only nominating 1 dealership and having the most understated marketing campaign ever seen does rather suggest they don't want to be seen actively selling the car - if this was an 'old English' marque you could almost suggest, in a Bristol-esque fashion, that being seen to sell something is passe and beneath them... ;)

Shame, as the car by all accounts is very very competent (if rather too 'safe', as noted)

I'm starting to despair - HUK abandoned everything except white goods and the now-obligatory CTR long ago (2008 was the demise of the S2000, not long after for the Accord), and seem to be in limbo as to where to pitch themselves - I don't think their reliability/build quality is what it was 20 or even 10 years ago, they've lost their sporting pedigree (BTCC/WTCC partly excepted, for whatever that's worth anymore), and their green credentials suffered with the press knockbacks of the Insight Mk2 and CR-Z vs the competition, and the lack of progress on fuel-cell vehicles outside California. So they're slap-bang in the crowded centre-field with Ford, GM, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda and the French marques with no USP and with Hyundai/Kia making a strong play from behind.

WhyOne?
03-07-2017, 09:52 AM
I've just been watching the very last Supercar run of the day up the hill Goodwood and because it's the last demonstration run of the day you can visibly see that each and every car is going flat out to impress the crowds.

Now, there is a 15 second gap allowed between each car at the start, ensuring no Supercar catches up with the car in front over the 1.16 mile length of the run.

Out goes the blue Honda NCA1 at full throttle with a pro driver behind the wheel, 15 seconds later following it up the hill is the new Maclaren P1GTR, all 1,320bhp of it, but to my amazement coming into the home straight with a great image of the P1 gaining very rapidly on the Honda, indeed making the NSX look very pedestrian.��

Probably less than a tenth of a second or so behind as this screen shot shows.��

Come on Acura/Honda, time to bring out a "balls to the wall" NSX GTR (not just an R) and compete to win this and other showcase events as I didn't here the word Honda NSX mentioned once during the live streaming, it looks like Acura took so long getting it into production the media have already got totally bored with it.☹️

For all its technical abilities at an event like this the NSX is just too "safe" in my opinion.

The original NSX and NSXR broke the mould way back in 1990-92 in a way the new model just doesn't, now they were real "game changers". ����������

Where to start with this little lot....

Well, for starters, your opening paragraph is not remotely an accurate description of that last set of runs on Sunday - the cars were very far from being driven 'flat out'.

Comparing the standard NSX with a 1320bhp special from McLaren ('Maclaren' make prams) driven by Kenny Bräck (who holds the road car hill record driving this very car I believe) and costing 10x the price, is a tad (!!!!) unfair and no one should be surprised...I'm bemused by your claim to have been astonished...that it reeled in the NSX which was driven very carefully all weekend.

The NSX did appear pedestrian compared to many of the cars on the hill, but some where being driven rather more enthusiastically - I suspect Honda were is 'PR safety mode' not wanting to go remotely near the possibility of stacking an NSX in public.

Saturday afternoon was the only time some of the supercars were pushed anywhere near their limits in a timed 'shootout'. Sadly the NSX didn't take part in the times runs, but certainly the cars which did we're travelling much, much more quickly than the final run you describe yesterday.

I've noticed at the Festival of Speed over the years, and it was apparent again this year, cars you could sensibly drive on the roads on a daily basis appear very tame compared to the racing cars and the more extreme road cars.

The NSX was most certainly discussed on the on-site commentary on the runs I saw (Friday afternoon, Saturday Morning, Sunday afternoon) I don't know about online feed though.

I think we need to accept and understand that Honda are by nature a conservative company who go about things in their own methodical way, and just every so often, produce gems of cars. However, for McLaren, Lamborghini, Ferrari and their likes, supercars are their core business - this is very, very different to Honda where scooters, Jazz's and lawnmowers bring in the money and having a bonkers, angry hypercar really makes little sense. The shouty, showy cars so many of us enjoy watching from the other side of the bales at Goodwood are cars that most of us would find frustrating to drive on the on the roads on a regular basis....but then I do understand that is not what these cars are about for their fortunate owners. For the company's who produce them, however, they are a valuable marketing tool - 'halo' cars which shine brightly on the rest of their ranges.

NSX 2000
05-07-2017, 09:07 AM
An article by Honda

http://world.honda.com/worldnews/2017/4170704Type-R-Fireblade-Goodwood.html?from=r