PDA

View Full Version : Blower control fault

stewart
18-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Hi

I have read in your technical section that leaking capacitors or faulty transistors may be responsilble for problems with fan control.

My fan will only work on full belt when set to max on the speed controller or min temperature on thermostat. All other speed settings do not drive the fan. Aircon is working.

Where do I find the fan control board? Can anyone point me in the right direction? (politely if poss!)

Ciaran
19-07-2006, 10:08 PM
HI Stew, I cannot help you but I discovered exactly the same problem today, in 31C temps, so full blast at min temp for one minute in every five was the order of the day, not exactly what you call climate control :cry:

I hope someone can help, its not fun on a hot day...

stewart
20-07-2006, 08:04 AM
Well a bit more research has revealed that this subject is well covered on NSXPRIME at
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=179437#post179437

Card is in Climate control head in dash. Remove with instructions from 22-84 and 22-85 in workshop manual plus excellent pics in the above post.

Alternatively there are two diagnostic tests that can be run to try and pinpoint source of problem See manual: section 22-12 and 22-13

Also Full Blower Motor shakedown cruise at section22-40 onwards.

If I get a result I will post my findings.

Any other constributions gratefull accepted - such as Does anyone in UK offer control board component replacement for those who don't solder professionally or who may have a volt-leaking soldergun which will readily mess up sensitive chips etc.

Cheers
Stewart

NSXGB
20-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Give it to someone who is good at soldering and get them to replace the Capacitors that you will find listed on NSX Prime. It's only a dual layer board, with full size components, very basic.
Mine cost me £35 all in to fix.

Alternatively I think Dali offer an exchange, but it will cost you a lot more.

stewart
20-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Dear Chaps and Chapesses

Problem sorted! It's electronics but not as we know it.

Capacitor 44 had shed it's electrolytic load and corroded two tracks in the Printed Circuit Board.

As Scottie said "I'll have to run a by-pass Captn"

Cleaned up board. Replaced Capacitor 44 (cost 11p) and bridged the missing track with two bits of ethernet cable. Gave it a coat of Mercedes grade clear lacquer at all the joints and let it dry... and it works fine.

Thanks to all at nsxcb and to nsxprime for help and encouragement.

The thread linked below is worth reading for anyone with a similar problem.