PDA

View Full Version : New Tyre quote

FRM70
18-07-2006, 02:03 PM
I have just been quoted £189.41 for each rear Dunlop SP Sport 8070 tyre, size 255/40/17 (94Y) from a Honda dealer including fitting , balance etc.

Does this sound about right for these tyres ? any advice would be greatfully received.

Cheers

FRM70

NSXGB
18-07-2006, 02:17 PM
I would be wary of any price quoted from a main dealer, seach the internet for prices and I'm sure you will beat that price....

NSXGB
18-07-2006, 02:20 PM
A quick look at www.blackcircles.co.uk show a price of £160.73 fitted, that's the first place I looked at.....

jaytip
18-07-2006, 03:50 PM
A quick look at www.blackcircles.co.uk show a price of £160.73 fitted, that's the first place I looked at.....
Ahh but where are they based????
Could cost a lot more in petrol money back and fore to their premises.

ctrlaltdelboy
18-07-2006, 04:11 PM
National Coverage

Blackcircles.com fit tyres in over 900 centres across the UK. Our coverage ranges from Thurso to Cornwall, and from The Isle of Man to Essex. Blackcircles.com have a fitting centre within 11 minutes of 94% of the UK’s population, and we are still growing. Blackcircles.com operates the UK’s largest network of tyre fitting centres.

Senninha
18-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Or you could save even more money but letting these people come to you :wink:

http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/

Speak to Simon about their service as he uses them

HTH

jaytip
18-07-2006, 05:11 PM
National Coverage

Blackcircles.com fit tyres in over 900 centres across the UK. Our coverage ranges from Thurso to Cornwall, and from The Isle of Man to Essex. Blackcircles.com have a fitting centre within 11 minutes of 94% of the UK’s population, and we are still growing. Blackcircles.com operates the UK’s largest network of tyre fitting centres.
Thank you for that.Next time i won't be so lazy. :oops:

simonprelude
18-07-2006, 05:41 PM
I use eventmobile, think I paid £260 for 2 Bridgestone OEM tyres delivered and fitted.

Or you could save even more money but letting these people come to you :wink:

Speak to Simon about their service as he uses them

HTH

FRM70
18-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Following your kind replies I rang the Honda dealer to ask if he could offer a better deal , I said I had a quote of £160 fitted & balanced, he put me on hold for two minutes and then came back to say they would price match the £160, as the car is going in for a service I think getting them fitted at the NSX approved dealer will be the best option.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Cheers

FRM70

Senninha
18-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Good result and well worth the post with each response saving you just over £4 a go! - Help, I've been in the sun too much :oops:

jaytip
18-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Following your kind replies I rang the Honda dealer to ask if he could offer a better deal , I said I had a quote of £160 fitted & balanced, he put me on hold for two minutes and then came back to say they would price match the £160, as the car is going in for a service I think getting them fitted at the NSX approved dealer will be the best option.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Cheers

FRM70
One word of caution though.When i took my car to two mills 2 years ago for a service they informed me that i had a nail in the back wheel.They told me they would not change the tyre there because their tyre machine would scratch my alloy :shock: .Try to make sure it does not happen at the dealership you are using.

FRM70
18-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Thats a worry as it's Two Mills on the Wirral that I have booked in with :shock:

I will ring them tomorrow to check they can fit them ok and I will let them know that if they 'scratch em they own em' and I'll be getting shiny new wheels off them :twisted:

Thanks for the tipp off

Cheers

FRM70

NSXGB
19-07-2006, 08:04 AM
Call me a cynic, but make sure they don't make the difference up on the price of your service.... :o

forumadmin
20-07-2006, 06:22 PM
I have used Blackcircles for my cars, but not the NSX. You need to know who is going to do the fitting in your area. It will probably be the cheapest place in town. I wouldn't take my NSX there, and will continue to take it to my local 'Max Power' type tuning outfit who are used to doing low profile tyres and fitting them onto nice alloys.