PDA

View Full Version : Essex Boys Mini-Meet and BBQ - 11 July

duncan
05-06-2017, 03:11 PM
I've 'rowed us along' to the annual car meet and BBQ organised by the Essex Chapter of the Porsche GB Car Club on Tuesday 11th of July.
The event, as last year, is pretty low key; turn up from 19:15 and park in a dedicated area on the driving range at the Rivenhall Oaks Golf Course, Forest Road, Witham CM8 2PS.
There is a pay bar and pay BBQ for those who would like a drink and a bite whilst kicking tyres.
No golfers are harmed, the invite by the Porsche club is pretty universal, so lots of Porsches, maybe a few Ferraris, and a lot more TVRs, Lotii, MGs, Triumphs, Mercedes and Classics, they aim for between 2 and 300 cars.
There is no charge with the event, it is open to the local car clubs and to the public, a charity donation can be made during the evening.
Please indicate an interest below,
1 Duncan
etc

L696ULO
20-06-2017, 09:54 PM
Count me in for this

1. Duncan
2. L696ULO (Richard)

duncan
04-07-2017, 10:07 PM
Bump,
Come on chaps, next Tuesday evening, anymore takers?

exiges1
07-07-2017, 10:47 PM
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/images/icons/icon1.png

1. Duncan
2. L696ULO (Richard)
3. Exiges1 Tony

214nsx
09-07-2017, 09:19 AM
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/images/icons/icon1.png

1. Duncan
2. L696ULO (Richard)
3. Exiges1 Tony

4. 214Nsx . Phil

duncan
10-07-2017, 11:16 AM
Bump, update from our hosts, see you there, Rivenhall Oaks Golf Course, Forest Road, Witham CM8 2PS
July 2017 Club Night - start time 6:45pm until you feel like going home. Arriving late is not a problem.
This is our annual Barbecue where we welcome other car clubs to Rivenhall Oaks. The soft evening light is great for photography. It is open to anyone who drives an interesting car - please don't bring your standard shopping saloon. All of the quality car clubs have been invited, and also ERIC!!
We have run this event for many years - formerly at Regiment Way in Chelmsford and now at our venue in Witham. In the last 5 years the the second Tuesday in July has been blighted with poor weather and we are due a change.
This year parking will be on tarmac or gravel only. Car clubs should arrive together if they wish to park together. The BBQ food is available @ approx. £9.00 per head for a plate of sausage, burger, salad etc. There is a vegetarian option, The bar will stay open until around 10:30. Seating is available inside and al fresco.
If the sun shines, expect a lot of great vehicles!

L696ULO
11-07-2017, 03:22 PM
Bump, update from our hosts, see you there, Rivenhall Oaks Golf Course, Forest Road, Witham CM8 2PS
July 2017 Club Night - start time 6:45pm until you feel like going home. Arriving late is not a problem.
This is our annual Barbecue where we welcome other car clubs to Rivenhall Oaks. The soft evening light is great for photography. It is open to anyone who drives an interesting car - please don't bring your standard shopping saloon. All of the quality car clubs have been invited, and also ERIC!!
We have run this event for many years - formerly at Regiment Way in Chelmsford and now at our venue in Witham. In the last 5 years the the second Tuesday in July has been blighted with poor weather and we are due a change.
This year parking will be on tarmac or gravel only. Car clubs should arrive together if they wish to park together. The BBQ food is available @ approx. £9.00 per head for a plate of sausage, burger, salad etc. There is a vegetarian option, The bar will stay open until around 10:30. Seating is available inside and al fresco.
If the sun shines, expect a lot of great vehicles!

Famous last sentence, the forecast doesn't bode well for the second year in a row!

Im going to see how it is closer to the time as its only 20 mins down the road.
Duncan and Tony are you still intending to go?

Rich

duncan
11-07-2017, 04:07 PM
I'm a similar time away.
On the basis of what the day's been like so far, I'm going away but will take a brolly.
Duncan

exiges1
11-07-2017, 04:15 PM
It's a shame and bad luck on their part, I do recall the last two years as being wet. Heavy rain due from 6ish so I'll give it a miss.