PDA

View Full Version : Alb - fluid reservoir empty, but wheres the fluid gone ?

wixer
31-05-2017, 08:38 AM
Hi All
I noticed over the weekend my ALB reservoir was virtually empty of fluid. There's no sign of any leaks or fluid on the garage floor. I recently did a 1800 mile trip around Europe and at one occasion the ALB light did come on, shortly after the ALB had kicked in, due to a rough road surface on a tight bend. When the ignition was turned off, the light never re-appeared for the remainder of the journey, some 800 miles. I have rebuilt the brakes, during the winter, so all fluid from the main braking circuit was drained and replaced. I've had a search on the forum/s and not found anything that would suggest why the fluid has disappeared. My only thoughts are, that there was still air in the ALB side of the braking circuit and during my trip, this air has moved within the system and allowed the fluid level to drop.

Should I have also flushed the ALB system, after the brake overhaul ?

Any thoughts/suggestions ?

Cheers

goldnsx
31-05-2017, 08:49 AM
Most likely your ALB system was not able to hold the pressure and the fluid through the cap of the reservoir. Some time after that your system built pressure again and now the level is low.