PDA

View Full Version : Turbo!

drmikey
29-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Yes I know it is a swear word to many, but a few of us had a ride in AMW's demo car for their twin scroll turbo setup sold my AS Motorsport. It was blisteringly fast and had great traction. It was a built motor so running much more power than a stock motor could. Difficult to assess the lag as a passenger.

Anyway, there are a few turbo options for the NSX - I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience of any either ownership or a ride in one. The obvious kits available are:

SoS Twin Turbo Kit
Lovefab Twin scroll
Driving Ambition
Angus
AMW of course.

goldnsx
29-05-2017, 04:57 PM
With a turbo setup it's all about the guy who tunes it. So if you have a reliable guy here in Europe I wouldn't be looking for one in the US.

Silver Surfer
29-05-2017, 04:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EV5ncYebfs

SS

Pride
29-05-2017, 06:18 PM
With a turbo setup it's all about the guy who tunes it. So if you have a reliable guy here in Europe I wouldn't be looking for one in the US.

You are absolutely right goldnsx, that's exactly what AS motorsport said, in fact the 800!!!bhp car that 3 or 4 guys were lucky enough to have had a white knuckle, gut churning passenger test ride 😎 Is not only the owner of the car but also the designer, builder and maker of many bespoke parts to give this a very oem style install.

But perhaps most importantly he also maps, tunes and develops the software application depending on the power the customer demands from his engine, which has to be the most important consideration when investing so much in this sort of tech in my opinion.

Pride
29-05-2017, 06:21 PM
Yes I know it is a swear word to many, but a few of us had a ride in AMW's demo car for their twin scroll turbo setup sold my AS Motorsport. It was blisteringly fast and had great traction. It was a built motor so running much more power than a stock motor could. Difficult to assess the lag as a passenger.

Anyway, there are a few turbo options for the NSX - I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience of any either ownership or a ride in one. The obvious kits available are:

SoS Twin Turbo Kit
Lovefab Twin scroll
Driving Ambition
Angus
AMW of course.

With your immense knowledge of everything NSX Mike, wouldn't he allow you to be privy in showing you how to setup and tune with his software application???

drmikey
29-05-2017, 07:09 PM
There are a few good tuners in the UK, the best can tune any ECU - Motec, AEM, EFI, Syvecs etc.. so finding a good one is not the issue (I have a good one if anyone needs a recommendation)

So given that it can be tuned well, what is the best setup. TT or twin scroll?

The actual ECU/piggy back is not really the issue, they all do the same thing at the end of the day. For NSX owners, AEM EMS2 would probably be the most obvious choice rather than HKS. Im running AEM INfinity which is pretty awesome, but lots of others available

Pride
02-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Forget 500bhp, forget 700bhp if you're gonna do it just go straight to the 1,000bhp kit. 😎

ONLY IN AMERICA!!! :)

http://www.superstreetonline.com/features/1706-1993-acura-nsx-troublemaker/