PDA

View Full Version : some advices for O2 sensor heater circuit failure

metsuki
05-04-2017, 03:54 PM
Hi every one!

on my 93 EUR NSX, after pulling out my CEL code, i have an O2 sensor heater circuit failure.
The mechanic try to pull it out yesterday with no luck. He tell me he will have to take the exhaust appart to have more clearence next week.
i would like to take the car for a roadtrip this sunday anyway.

Is it safe to drive the car mostly on the highway for 300 miles with this O2 sensor issue?
can it harm anything?
what about gas mileage and performances?
is WOT allow?

I believe it is, has it is only a heater circuit issue but just to be sure i need some advices

thank you

Silver Surfer
05-04-2017, 05:46 PM
It will just run rich... no issue for your road trip... just sooty exhaust on one side.

SS

goldnsx
05-04-2017, 06:01 PM
In WOT the O2-sensor is not taken into account. I think you should be fine but I won't guarranty it of course. :) With a CEL it's running in a standard failsafe mapping. Less power, not environment friendly but it should run.

Pride
05-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Here's my two penny's worth.
If it's the one I think it is, up behind the engine cabin bulk head and exhaust manifold/down pipe, I also struggled to gain access to replace it but since as I was assured by a Honda Croydon Nsx trained technician that it was not detrimental to the performance or efficiency of the engine I just left it.
At least ten years and many thousands of miles later it still causes my engine warning light to come on after a few miles of running but I've had no noticeable adverse affects on fuel consumption, performance or MOT emission checks so I just put up with the light coming on.
I know that's naughty and I should really get it sorted especially as it's been on my to do list for so long.

metsuki
12-04-2017, 02:10 PM
just to let everyone know. everything went well, and i will change my O2 sensor this week
thanks to everyone