PDA

View Full Version : Lings Replacement Parts

tapav
03-04-2017, 03:53 PM
Has anyone tried ordering using the replacement parts on Lings? I have recently ordered some NSX rear discs that have arrived and are an incorrect fit (4-hole).
Unfortunately the 14 day return has expired and they're refusing to refund me. Has anyone else had this issue? The customer service has said that there are no replacement parts for my vehicle, so doesn't know how i selected them.. However a few weeks ago you could select 3.2l coupe NSX, now it doesn't work. If others have had a similar issue, I think I'll have grounds to complain.

NSXGB
03-04-2017, 05:30 PM
I'm not up on consumer law but after 14 days I'd be surprised if you cannot at least get a credit note?

Usually with Lings you can enter the registration of your car to pull up the correct parts for your car. It sometimes does not recognise the registration if in capital letters, sometimes if in lower case or sometimes not at all in my experience though!

Kaz-kzukNA1
03-04-2017, 07:25 PM
Never placed parts order through Lings website but I'm quite sure you received confirmation email from them as the invoice/purchase order.
As you are saying it's 'replacement' so I believe you ordered the non-OEM parts.

Does it show your VIN or car model as NSX and if so, with what parts no.?

If you can prove that their system supplied the wrong spec against your declared VIN/model, you may have some chances of getting refund or replacement with proper parts.
Otherwise, I'm afraid it's upto the T&Cs.

Kaz

tapav
04-04-2017, 11:58 AM
They are from the 'replacement' not OEM section of their website, which i assume is a short cut to ebay type shops, as ebay is flooded with TRW 'nsx' discs, which clearly aren't.

I input my vehicle type and model into the lings website as my license plate never has worked on there. As mentioned, this no longer works for the nsx. And the link which i emailed to my garage at the time of ordering to show him the discs, also no longer works.

On reflection i do have grounds to complain and attempt to get a refund, as I have the link to the nsx replacement discs(albeit not working) and the box clearly states for NSX on it.. For anyone ordering parts, even from 'honda' be wary!

NSXGB
04-04-2017, 12:21 PM
Apologies, I have never tried the replacement parts section on Lings...

Hagasan
04-04-2017, 12:35 PM
If your box states "NSX" and you have a receipt that tallies up with the items then you should have grounds for a refund. Especially as they are 4 bolt so clearly incorrect. I don't think the 14 day time holds up. What if on holiday after ordering, in hospital or whatever? Did you pay by credit card? If so you should be covered, have a word with them..
Or even ask to speak to someone else at Lings who may "understand" your predicament better and resolve the issue fairly...

Kaz-kzukNA1
04-04-2017, 01:47 PM
Hope you can get the refund or proper replacement of the parts.
If the worst comes, as Hagasan mentioned, if you used credit card or PayPal, you should be able to claim back something.

For your reference, based on your signature, any 97+ models came with larger/later spec brake calliper/disc design.
The OEM later spec rear disc is 43251-SL0-J00, sold per corner so not cheap.

Alternatively, if you want just later spec plain rear disc, EBC D7353 is good enough.
It's sold as a rear set (RR & RL) and at very reasonable price for the material used.

For your future reference, you can check the OEM parts no. through Lings website although some of the information are not correct so need to be bit careful.

Once you enter the VIN or selected the suitable model, open the diagram that contains the parts you need.
You will see all parts no. in the form of PFK*******.
This is Lings in-house own parts no. and not the Honda one.

On your web browser, look at the address bar and delete the portion _pfk
Hit Enter key.

Now you will see Honda standard parts no in the form of *****-***-***.

This is useful when trying to find the compatible aftermarket parts.

Kaz

dcnsx
04-04-2017, 01:48 PM
I've used Lings many times over the years, mainly for my bikes. I found the best ordering method was to ring them giving your reg or vin and tell them which part you want. Let them tell you the part number making sure it matches what you have written down already. Atleast then you should have more comeback even after the 14 days as it was their fault if the wrong item arrives. Although I have never ordered any of the non oem replacement parts, imo if you want those you might as well buy off ebay.

Nick Graves
11-04-2017, 04:02 PM
Hope you can get the refund or proper replacement of the parts.
If the worst comes, as Hagasan mentioned, if you used credit card or PayPal, you should be able to claim back something.

For your reference, based on your signature, any 97+ models came with larger/later spec brake calliper/disc design.
The OEM later spec rear disc is 43251-SL0-J00, sold per corner so not cheap.

Alternatively, if you want just later spec plain rear disc, EBC D7353 is good enough.
It's sold as a rear set (RR & RL) and at very reasonable price for the material used.

For your future reference, you can check the OEM parts no. through Lings website although some of the information are not correct so need to be bit careful.

Once you enter the VIN or selected the suitable model, open the diagram that contains the parts you need.
You will see all parts no. in the form of PFK*******.
This is Lings in-house own parts no. and not the Honda one.

On your web browser, look at the address bar and delete the portion _pfk
Hit Enter key.

Now you will see Honda standard parts no in the form of *****-***-***.

This is useful when trying to find the compatible aftermarket parts.

Kaz

That's precisely what I do!

OP - good luck sorting it out; it would appear that the parts delivered are not fit for purpose, so clearly not what you ordered!