PDA

View Full Version : Slight glitch

dcnsx
29-03-2017, 02:07 PM
Hi all.
I was out for a drive on Sunday, engine upto temp all normal. I pulled up in some traffic and I lost revs and it stalled. Started first time it wouldn't idle so stalled again. Started again first time I kept the revs up moving through the traffic, next junction idling perfectly again. I had noticed earlier though when leaving a car park, engine warm, that it didn't fire first time.

I suspect it could be heat related, I've done a bit of research and ignition relay, fuel pump relay or possibly dirty throttle body were all mentioned. Anyone experienced the same and can shed some light?

Cheers

Kaz-kzukNA1
29-03-2017, 02:44 PM
Failing to re-start while the engine/cabin hot is typical phenomenon of the Main Relay soldering crack.
There are other possibilities but I would first check the Main Relay.
If 95+ model, your NSX is DBW so it's located behind the right shoulder of the Right side seat.
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?6286-NSX-Health-Check-Service/page17&p=66800#post66800

If you have soldering iron, open the Main Relay, re-solder all joints and test again to see whether you have other issues.
If you ask, there could be some owners nearby with re-soldered Main Relay so you may be able to borrow it for a quick check.

The difference between the non-DBW and DBW spec Main Relay is just the metal bracket and the electrical circuit is the same so for a quick check, you can use both type.
If you can't find re-soldered Main relay or don't have soldering iron, just let me know but I'm really busy at the moment so can't get to the Post Office this week.

Kaz

dcnsx
29-03-2017, 07:26 PM
Thanks Kaz. I'll monitor it for a while and see if it happens again, if so then I'll have a look at the relay. Am I right that you supply replacements then?