PDA

View Full Version : 17" offset

Senninha
07-07-2006, 11:34 PM
I've tried the search engines but can't seem to find what I'm looking for so wondered if someone could clarify this for me please?

I'm considering either 02+ OEM rims with std OEM tyre size or possibly aftermarket rims.

What is the standard offset and how could I 'fill' the arches better? For the OEM is it simply a case of adding spacers or for aftermarket, would I increase or decrease the offset to push the rims out?

Thanks in advance.

ctrlaltdelboy
08-07-2006, 08:33 AM
your question is unanswerable without the rim width on the 17" wheels in question, and whether you are talking about front or rear fitment.

I don't have the required knowledge to answer your questions myself, but there is a wealth of it in the 'Tires & Wheels' section on NSXPrime here

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Senninha
08-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Thanx Darren,

I would stick to OEM sizes so 7" F and 9" R if this helps?

I check out the other link you provided.

Regards

ctrlaltdelboy
08-07-2006, 01:59 PM
oem sizes are 7" with +55 offset Front and 8.5" with +60 offset Rear for your model year

in 02+ they went to 9" rear with +56 offset

:wink:

Nick Graves
24-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Going to an incorrect offset may affect steering kickback, tramlining & RWS characteristics. It's the centreline of the wheel to the kingpin that's important, not the sidewall/arch position.

The NSX requires quite heavily backset spokes to clear the calipers too.

In other words, OEM's a lot easier.

Senninha
24-07-2006, 10:03 AM
Thanx Guys,

I'm going the OEM 17" route, including tyres, just trying to decide on finish for the rims, see seperate thread

http://nsxcb.co.uk/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=1652

Another question if I may is about the use of spacers. I remember using spacers way back on Mini's and Mexico's but we're talking a very different machine with the NSX. Use of spacers seems to be quite prolofic in the US but not aware of many using them here. Have you any thoughts about use/don't use to push OEM rims out to fill the arches. FYI, If I did use I would only be looking at 5-10mm max.

Regards

ctrlaltdelboy
24-07-2006, 10:13 AM
when I first lowered mine on oem rims I used 5mm spacers all round to ensure tyre clearance from fouling the springs.

seemed to be fine for me, but do make sure you keep an eye on the wheel nuts - they can work loose much more easily with a spacer fitted.