PDA

View Full Version : Yet another article "discovering" the NSX

NSX100
07-01-2017, 01:06 PM
This weekend's Financial Times "How to Spend it" supplement has a piece on the merits of the NSX in their Past Masters column featuring H264CSP. Good article with quotes from Graham Horgan at Plans and others. However, the author is a tad misinformed if he honestly thinks that great examples were available for #25,000 two years ago. Apparently now is the time to buy!

PeterW
07-01-2017, 05:18 PM
Oh dear. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm a regular FT Weekend reader, because I like the matter of fact journalistic style and the beautifully written book reviews. But the How to Spend It supplement gives me slightly uncomfortable feelings. Now our NSXs are being talked about alongside Faberge fluted domed cuff links in rose gold with Mozambican rubies :rolleyes:.
Peter

marknsx
07-01-2017, 09:43 PM
The NA1/2 are sleepers. At some time someone will ring the bell and our cars will rise. Perhaps Trump will tweet it! There will be no stopping us then

NSX100
08-01-2017, 01:39 PM
Oh dear. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm a regular FT Weekend reader, because I like the matter of fact journalistic style and the beautifully written book reviews. But the How to Spend It supplement gives me slightly uncomfortable feelings. Now our NSXs are being talked about alongside Faberge fluted domed cuff links in rose gold with Mozambican rubies :rolleyes:.
Peter

Brilliant! So true. The FT must make a fortune on this supplement in advertising fees. It is a parody - unwearable fashion at unaffordable prices and other exotica that only a fraction of 1% of people would even aspire to never mind spend ridiculous money on. As some wit once said - "where is the How to Afford it" supplement?

And amongst all this stuff our humble NSX!

NSX 2000
08-01-2017, 10:30 PM
Peter

Yes I know what you Peter.

I feel it's a bit "Look at my wad" or even "My Husband is considerably richer than yours!"

Nick Graves
09-01-2017, 10:54 AM
Ugh - there was something refreshing that a Honda would never appeal to those vulgar conspicuous-consumption types.

At least the churnalist hacks are still spreading their elite masters' message of spend, spend, spend, borrow, borrow, borrow...which means one ought to do precisely the opposite, of course.

dcnsx
09-01-2017, 04:21 PM
Spend it I say. Your on this planet on average for 70 to 90 years if your lucky, your dead for millions!