PDA

View Full Version : 9th Pancake Run

Dragonlady
25-11-2016, 08:05 PM
**** UPDATED 24th May - Reminder all menu choices and deposits required by end of May please ****

Hi All,

We are now reaching the point that we need to finalise numbers and collect deposits. Looking at the posts on this thread it looks like the following people are interested in attending this event. Please can you confirm that this is still the case.

Dates: Friday 14th July - Sunday 16th July

1. Ian (without the wing woman this year or Nag if Ian was writing this :))
2. Clive and Elaine
3. Johnathan and Sarah (Deposit and menu choices received, thank you)
4. Blueheaven Roy and Sue (Deposit and menu choices received, thank you)
5. Kingsley Dave and Elaine (Deposit and menu choices received, thank you)
6. Ski Boot David and Sue. (Deposit and menu choices received, thank you)
7. Steve & Gina (Deposit and menu choices received, thank you)
8. Malcolm (Deposit and menu choices received, thank you)
9. Senninha
10. Mistercon (Deposit and menu choices received, thank you)
11. Kye_P

Menu for Saturday Evening @ £21 per person

Steak and kidney pudding in suet pastry served with rich beef gravy and hand cut chips
Chicken breast cooked in a Prosecco and mild grain mustard cream sauce
Fillet of salmon baked en-croute with mushroom duxcelle and a tomato and white wine Provençale sauce

** All main courses served with fondant potatoes and a selection of seasonal vegetables**

Bread and butter pudding with Crème Anglaise
Lemon meringue roulade garnished with fresh fruits
Strawberry pancake served hot with sweet sabayon glaze

Coffee or tea

We will require deposits of £21 per person and meal choices by the end of May. I will pm you separately with details of how to pay the deposit.

Regards

Sharon

Pride
25-11-2016, 08:23 PM
Just gauging interest for next years 9th North Wales run. Dates to be confirmed, but will be around the same time trying to avoid other events.
Ian

This next pancake run we will be there come what may, so please count us in.

1. Pride & partner

britlude
25-11-2016, 10:22 PM
1. Pride & partner
2. Jonathan and Sarah.... please please please please

(nice to see Pride leaving his options open!!!!!)

Blue Heaven
25-11-2016, 11:40 PM
3. Blueheaven Roy Sue Yes Please My Favourite event :)+ Sure
4. Kingsley Dave and Elaine
5. Ski Boot David and Sue.

ollie
26-11-2016, 11:20 AM
Count us in please.

6. Steve & Gina
7. Malcolm & Theresa

Steve

Pride
26-11-2016, 12:41 PM
1. Clive and Elaine...............I hope she doesn't read my first post :)
2. Johnathan and Sarah........please please please please
6. Steve & Gina
7. Malcolm & Theresa

214nsx
26-11-2016, 02:49 PM
1. Clive and Elaine...............I hope she doesn't read my first post :)
2. Johnathan and Sarah........please please please please
6. Steve & Gina
7. Malcolm & Theresa

8. 214nsx.

Problem Child
26-11-2016, 09:29 PM
Just gauging interest for next years 9th North Wales run. Dates to be confirmed, but will be around the same time trying to avoid other events.
Ian

count me in

Senninha
27-11-2016, 09:50 AM
Ian, Sharon,

I would love to join you again, subject to dates chosen (w'end of 8th be a no for me ��), And besides, you owe me a tunnel run ;0)

single room on site please ...

BTW, did the on-board video footage from this yr ever get posted please? Saw plenty of good stills but not the vids

regards, Paul

Dragonlady
27-11-2016, 02:04 PM
So we have had a word with Princes Hotel and they are already booked up for a different event on our usual weekend, so we are looking at the weekend before - Friday 23rd June to Sunday 24th June. For those who have already put their names down does this cause you any issues?

NSXGB
27-11-2016, 03:13 PM
So we have had a word with Princes Hotel and they are already booked up for a different event on our usual weekend, so we are looking at the weekend before - Friday 23rd June to Sunday 24th June. For those who have already put their names down does this cause you any issues?

FYI, that is the Goodwood FoS weekend.

nobby
27-11-2016, 08:00 PM
nobby + 1 (possible)

really hoping to get to a p.r for the 1st time

Dragonlady
28-11-2016, 11:42 PM
Given the feedback about the last weekend in June being Goodwood and knowing quite a few people on this forum attend FoS what about 14th - 16th July, how many of you are free then? Is this is the only weekend left as the one prior is the provisional date for Silverstone F1 and 21st - 23rd July is provisional for Silverstone Classic.

We need to secure the date with the hotel in the next couple of days it would be great if you could confirm if 14th - 16th July is good for you.

Thanks

Sharon

Mistercorn
29-11-2016, 07:48 AM
Am I still allowed to come along if I can make it, or am I banished for lack of a Japanese car? I have really enjoyed the company and the driving on the two events I have been on.

MC

Dragonlady
29-11-2016, 08:52 AM
Am I still allowed to come along if I can make it, or am I banished for lack of a Japanese car? I have really enjoyed the company and the driving on the two events I have been on.

MC
Always welcome

britlude
29-11-2016, 04:39 PM
might make you sit at the back, wearing a hat of shame tho!!!

any dates should be fine with us, we'll work around you :)

Pride
29-11-2016, 08:16 PM

What ever you plan is ok with me.

Dragonlady
30-11-2016, 04:13 PM
Dates confirmed for run, now set in stone!
Friday 14th and Saturday 15th July.
Front page updated.

Jezzerr
17-12-2016, 11:25 PM
Ah, would really have liked to join this - but dates are a challenge - it's also British GP at S'stone. Enjoy!

dcnsx
23-12-2016, 12:50 PM
Please excuse me but why is it called the pancake run?

Pride
23-12-2016, 03:33 PM
Please excuse me but why is it called the pancake run?

Because we all like meeting up and have a great excuse to drive "FLAT" out of course. 🤣

dcnsx
23-12-2016, 09:30 PM
Ahh right, gotcha. Bit cryptic but makes sense now. Better watch out for the north Wales constabulary, they might hear your "increased induction" coming down the road! :)

Pride
23-12-2016, 09:58 PM
But to be honest my lud, we just have a sensible spirited drive through the beautiful Snowdonia national park, it's a great weekend and as you'll see from the link the reason why it's called the "pancake run" will be self explanatory.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?12691-Pancakes-North-Wales-10th-12th-July-2015/page3

dcnsx
23-12-2016, 10:38 PM
Certainly sounds like fun. Probably not next year but will definitely try for the 10th event in 2018?

britlude
23-12-2016, 10:42 PM
pic collection here..... http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?12253-North-Wales-Pancake-Run-2014

the name might be a little inaccurate now, and don't take any notice of anything red car owners say about speed!!!

it seems to have evolved to a large group meal at the hotel (excellent chef that has to be made the most of!!!) rather than going to the Dutch pancake house that the run was named after....

Dragonlady
12-01-2017, 06:39 PM
Unfortunately I will not be joining you all on the pancake run this year as we forgot that the date clashes with a family wedding which I have to attend on the Saturday. The good news for Ian is that I have let him off the hook so that he can do the pancake run. Please can those of you who are going keep him in check :)

Cheers

Sharon

Dimer
27-01-2017, 05:35 PM
If possible, I might join. I need to check with the boss and with the rota at work.

Kye_P
21-02-2017, 09:30 AM
Hi, i would be up for joining this year. //Kye

Dragonlady
06-03-2017, 07:01 PM
Hi All,

We are now reaching the point that we need to finalise numbers and collect deposits. Looking at the posts on this thread it looks like the following people are interested in attending this event. Please can you confirm that this is still the case.

We will plan an evening meal again on the Saturday night menu to follow

2. Clive and Elaine
3. Johnathan and Sarah
4. Blueheaven Roy and Sue
5. Kingsley Dave and Elaine
6. Ski Boot David and Sue.
7. Steve & Gina
8. Malcolm & Theresa
9. 214NSX
10. Oneillg1201
11. Senninha
12. Nobby +1
13. Mistercon
14. Kye_P

For those people listed above please can you confirm by the end of this week if you are still wishing to attend as the 2 hotels we have currently secured are now fully booked.

If anyone else would like to join we are more than happy for you to join and will happily provide a list of other local hotels that you can contact.

Regards

Sharon

Senninha
06-03-2017, 07:17 PM
Hi Sharon,

I'm in please, same accommodation as last year please. Let me know when you would like deposit

Are we expecting a mix of vehicles this year?

Thanx, Paul

britlude
06-03-2017, 08:55 PM
confirming the confirmation status as 'yes, still coming'!!!

Blue Heaven
07-03-2017, 09:25 PM
Hi Sharon.

Yes Please. Count us in. Let me know how much you want for the deposit and who to send it to.

Love Sue ( Blue Heaven)

**** UPDATED 6th March ****

Hi All,

We will plan an evening meal again on the Saturday night menu to follow

2. Clive and Elaine
3. Johnathan and Sarah
4. Blueheaven Roy and Sue
5. Kingsley Dave and Elaine
6. Ski Boot David and Sue.
7. Steve & Gina
8. Malcolm & Theresa
9. 214NSX
10. Oneillg1201
11. Senninha
12. Nobby +1
13. Mistercon
14. Kye_P

For those people listed above please can you confirm by the end of this week if you are still wishing to attend as the 2 hotels we have currently secured are now fully booked.

If anyone else would like to join we are more than happy for you to join and will happily provide a list of other local hotels that you can contact.

Regards

Sharon

nobby
08-03-2017, 10:17 PM
Hoping to still make it

ollie
10-03-2017, 11:11 AM
Hi,

Steve & Gina
Malcolm & Theresa

Are still confirmed

214nsx
12-03-2017, 08:47 PM
Hi Ian /Sharon. Unfortunately I can't make it on these dates, sorry I had to drop out, have fun guys.

Kye_P
02-04-2017, 04:00 PM
I'm still in looking forward to it

Dragonlady
03-04-2017, 05:42 PM
Hi Ian /Sharon. Unfortunately I can't make it on these dates, sorry I had to drop out, have fun guys.

That's a pity, do you know if Kare is coming to the event this year?

Mistercorn
03-04-2017, 07:51 PM
Yes please. I still want to come along.
MC

Silver Surfer
03-04-2017, 08:04 PM
Sorry guys... also going to miss this year. Family reason takes dominance and priority for the Eurotour.
Enjoy .. will try again next year.

SS

Problem Child
09-04-2017, 08:09 PM
Sorry, need to withdraw. Hope to be back next year

Mistercorn
11-04-2017, 10:28 AM
Is there any update on what the plan is for this, particularly WRT where we are staying?

MC

Dragonlady
11-04-2017, 01:11 PM
Yes, see page 1. we've put you in the Prices Arms as per last year.

Ian

britlude
11-04-2017, 06:22 PM
mmmm Steak and kidney pudding in suet pastry served with rich beef gravy and hand cut chips NOM NOM NOM!!!!

having trouble choosing dessert tho...... might have to order all 3 just in case!!!!

Dragonlady
11-04-2017, 07:06 PM
mmmm Steak and kidney pudding in suet pastry served with rich beef gravy and hand cut chips NOM NOM NOM!!!!

having trouble choosing dessert tho...... might have to order all 3 just in case!!!!

i have told Ian that he has to bring me one of each dessert home else there will be trouble !!

Dragonlady
09-05-2017, 05:13 PM
Can Mistercorn and Nobby please free up space so we can send you a pm re pancake weekend.
cheers Ian

Mistercorn
09-05-2017, 06:28 PM
I have deleted a bunch of messages just now. Alternatively email me.

MC

Dragonlady
16-05-2017, 05:33 PM
I have deleted a bunch of messages just now. Alternatively email me.

MC

Hi,

The forum is still showing your mailbox as full. Can you pm me you email address please.

Many Thanks

Sharon

Mistercorn
17-05-2017, 06:51 AM
How odd. I have deleted every message in my inbox and have sent a pm with my email address.

MC

Kaz-kzukNA1
17-05-2017, 07:57 AM
Off topic from Pancake Run so apology but probably helps your future communication.

Please note that for non-platinum member, the number of PM limit is 100.

This includes not only the 'Inbox' but also the 'Sent Item' and any PM stored in the user defined extra 'Folders'.
Mistercorn, you have fair amount of PM in the 'Sent Item'.
You just sent another PM above so one step closer to the limit.
You may hit the 100 limit again in the future unless you delete some of the Sent Items or export & delete them.

Just a reminder, PM only works if the user logged in.
Therefore, if the server is down or the access is blocked (such as office's IT policy, etc), you won't be able to use it.

Hope that helps.

Kaz

Dragonlady
24-05-2017, 06:52 AM
Hi All,

Just a reminder please can you confirm your food choices and send across deposits by the end of May, you should have received a PM from myself with the menu and bank details.

We are waiting for this info from the following people:

Clive and Elaine
Kingsley Dave and Elaine
Ski Boot David and Sue.
Steve & Gina
Malcolm & Theresa
Senninha
Kye_P

Mistercon - Just emailed menu across to you this morning
Nobby +1 - I can't send the details across to you as your mailbox is full. Please can you let me have your email address.

Let's hope that the weather for the Pancake run is as good as it is today.

Many Thanks

Sharon

nobby
24-05-2017, 09:37 PM
inbox cleared :)

Dragonlady
25-05-2017, 05:27 PM
inbox cleared :)

PM sent, thank you

Dragonlady
25-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Payments received from Ollie, Mistercon, Kingley and Dave Boote. Many Thanks, Sharon

nobby
30-05-2017, 08:23 AM
unfortunately unable to attend due to house move and the pain that goes with that

was really looking forward this event ... my NSX trips have been wrecked this year :(

Dragonlady
01-06-2017, 10:05 PM
unfortunately unable to attend due to house move and the pain that goes with that

was really looking forward this event ... my NSX trips have been wrecked this year :(

Thats a really shame, hopefully you can join next year. Good look with the move, Sharon

Dragonlady
01-06-2017, 10:06 PM
Menu choices and deposits received from nearly everyone. Just outstanding Senninha, Pride and Kye_P.

Dragonlady
05-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Not long now folks, if the weather is as good as this week it should be a good driving weekend ;)

If there is anyone else interested in joining you hasn't put their name down feel free to drop me a pm.

Mistercorn
06-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Yes indeed, do we have any sort of itinerary yet? I am mainly interested in whether or not anything is planned for the Sunday. I will be arriving on the Friday afternoon.

Dragonlady
11-07-2017, 05:22 AM
Yes indeed, do we have any sort of itinerary yet? I am mainly interested in whether or not anything is planned for the Sunday. I will be arriving on the Friday afternoon.

I'll send across the drive details for Saturday, as for Sunday probably a sunrise drive before breakfast for those that want to. Nothing for the rest of the day as most people travel home after breakfast.
Ian

Mistercorn
17-07-2017, 09:34 AM
Thank you everybody for another fantastic weekend. It is always a great pleasure to spend time with like minded individuals and to get out and do some driving with real car enthusiasts who don't drive like idiots :) I made it over to the air ambulance in the north west and then back home through some more wonderful roads, with slightly better weather this time.
I hope to see some of you at Silverstone in a couple of weeks.
MC

britlude
17-07-2017, 09:24 PM
thanks to Ian (and Sharon for the prep work and phone instructions) on another thoroughly enjoyable weekend

the weather may have conspired against us on the first tour, and the traffic on the second, but great company and excellent food by the awesome chef Anne, made the weekend a success!

thanks to all for the experience!

here's a taster of the fun of the mountains!!! no sound, as it'll only be bickering, laughing or terrible music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiLM-UvRkbc

stopped at the end as a coach we ere behind was maneuvering around a camper van!