PDA

View Full Version : The porkcentric ECOTY is now out and guess what???...........

Pride
28-10-2016, 05:47 PM
Now I've got to be honest I've always enjoyed the EVO mag falling through my letterbox since it's launch way, way back and the EVO Car Of The Year issue is always a great highlight particularly after reading this comment half way through the multi car test about the NC1:

12720 :)

So you would think it's got a great chance of being first as the Porsche 918 wasn't included.:rolleyes:

I won't spoil the results for you too much but it's just a shame there was a Golf GTI in the mix.:(

http://www.evo.co.uk/features/18442/evo-car-of-the-year-2016-preview-the-cars

havoc
29-10-2016, 11:20 AM
Shame you can't put a 'spoiler' hider in this BB code.

I won't say anything more than that I have an issue with contests like this including limited-run cars that have completely sold out almost before they're announced, i.e. the chances of anyone getting their hands on one to own are slim-to-none. Sort of defeats the purpose, other than to provide Bob Holness "look what you could have won" torment.

...and yes, I know that COULD also be levelled at any £200k+ supercar, but if you have the financial wherewithal you can acquire one of them, you don't have to be prostituting yourself to your local dealer or phoning up to enquire after "POA" (sic) ;) adverts by traders wanting big overs on said limited edition machine...

NSXGB
29-10-2016, 01:48 PM
Bob Holness did Blockbusters, Jim Bowen did Bullseye - "let's see what you could have won". Why was it always a bloody speedboat?? ;)

havoc
29-10-2016, 04:55 PM
Fair point, my knowledge of cheesy 80s game-shows hosted by northern blokes clearly needs improvement...

WhyOne?
29-10-2016, 07:00 PM
Fair point, my knowledge of cheesy 80s game-shows hosted by northern blokes clearly needs improvement...
Bob Holness wasn't from up north - born in S Africa and grew up in SE England.......

Pride
29-10-2016, 07:34 PM
Bob Holness wasn't from up north - born in S Africa and grew up in SE England.......

That explains it all then.

Pride
29-10-2016, 08:02 PM
And this only explains just how ludicrous this porker brand has become.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!

I would much rather buy an NA1-R, NA2-R and of course an NC1-R once it's produced, for the price of that boring 911R.

And before anyone corrects me on the NSX price's (particularly of the NA2-R) don't forget the 911R will have gone up another 200 grand in a few days.:)

Senninha
29-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Surely the fact that a 10yr old Honda is mixing it with the best of the rest makes it a better car ... it's half way to being a classic already ...

just brace yourself for the 2020 Type R contest consisting of 911R, NSX-R, AMGTV-aR, 492GTBRR .... Lighter batteries designed by Mr Tesla man, 5 motors, more carbon and rear spoiler sticker from the movie Cars and you'll have the result you crave ��

NoelWatson
01-11-2016, 01:48 PM
Now I've got to be honest I've always enjoyed the EVO mag falling through my letterbox since it's launch way, way back and the EVO Car Of The Year issue is always a great highlight particularly after reading this comment half way through the multi car test about the NC1:

12720 :)

So you would think it's got a great chance of being first as the Porsche 918 wasn't included.:rolleyes:

I won't spoil the results for you too much but it's just a shame there was a Golf GTI in the mix.:(

http://www.evo.co.uk/features/18442/evo-car-of-the-year-2016-preview-the-cars

NSX also features in Autocar's Best Driver's Car 2016. Astonishing how quick a Cayman S is round Anglesey!

Pride
01-11-2016, 05:58 PM
THIS IS MORE LIKE IT FOLKS:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a31275/2017-performance-car-of-the-year/