PDA

View Full Version : Red NSX Southampton Blue smoke!

sportyking
03-07-2006, 04:16 PM
A mate tells me he saw a red NSX leaving the M27 near Segensworth/Fareham with blue smoke coming from the air vent between the engine hood window and the boot lid.

Friday 1-2pm ish.

Anyone on here guys.
Maybe a filler cap left off?? Maybe a lot worse :cry:

ctrlaltdelboy
03-07-2006, 04:32 PM
that's my junction - I live a mile from there but have never seen a red in the area before

sportyking
03-07-2006, 05:32 PM
I spend a lot of time that way. I have seen a red on the M27 before, with a reg number starting BAZ. I last saw it a few months ago the same mate that reported the smoke but he did not notice the number plate on this occaision. Drink more coffee Darren :D

Baz
03-07-2006, 06:04 PM
It wasn't me and anyway, my number contains my initials BPH not Baz!

Ian.M
05-07-2006, 02:02 PM
I drive my red NSX on the M27 and live near Southampton but it was not me. I have a NSX number - lucky me. :wink:

rosiemeposie
18-07-2006, 09:26 AM
blue smoke was really nothing to worry about. but thanks for the concern. was on route home after collecting from portsmouth honda dealership. as good a drive as i remember, headlights are growing on me.

jaytip
18-07-2006, 10:56 AM
blue smoke was really nothing to worry about. but thanks for the concern. was on route home after collecting from portsmouth honda dealership. as good a drive as i remember, headlights are growing on me.

Welcome to the board.I take it from your post above that you have only just bought it?If so congrats on the new car.

Senninha
18-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Welcome to NSX motoring!

Good to hear that all is well.

rosiemeposie
18-07-2006, 12:12 PM
thanks for the welcome. my nsx coupe red/black will be my every day drive, so looking forward to lots of use. sourced from huk, its an 04 late build. just getting the little minor op's done and proggressing to the ultimate supercar that it is.

kowalski
18-07-2006, 12:53 PM
Welcome to the Forum, and NSX ownership.

I had smoke from the vent between the glass and the boot lid after some "dipstick" at Honda forget to put the dipstick back in!

Also had it another time after Castle Combe, but the smoke came from every vent then! :?

leigh

Senninha
18-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Leigh,

Your second 'smoking' sounds self induced - you're weren't doing celebratory doughnuts at the time were you? :lol:

regards

kowalski
18-07-2006, 04:12 PM
No wasnt self induced, the water pump failed, head gasket blew and cylinder head cracked resulting in a £5K engine rebuild!

Best thing that happened to it! :wink: but not my wallet!!

leigh