PDA

View Full Version : Clutch gone completely!

mutley
30-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Hi All,
Well as some of you may know, I've been whinging about a slipping clutch for some time now, well I was off for some new tyres ( nothing fancy but enough to get me through while I saved for a clutch) and BANG it went completely on me.
The clutch pedal went flat to the floor, but I lifted it up and now it is solid, and I had to get a tow home.

Now my question is, Do I just need to get the clutch kit with all the parts ( I know will cost me £1034 from Honda), or will there be more damage needing sorted out now?

Be gentle Guys!!!!!!
Cheers
Jim

sportyking
30-06-2006, 10:59 PM
It does not sound typical of a slipping clutch finally giving up :shock:
It is still possible that the main components such as pressure plate/bearing could have physically broken.

Maybe the clutch has gone over centre and jammed on but unlikely and really any thing is just speculation until you split the engine and gearbox to take a peek.

Hope there are no surprises

simonprelude
01-07-2006, 05:20 PM
If the clutch has been slipping for a while the bad news is that you may have damaged the flywheel.

You going Honda for a clutch or aftermarket ??

Pedal falling flat to the floor sounds more like clutch master cylinder though, when the clucth goes the pressure required to move the pedal usually remains the same ??

Papalazarou
03-07-2006, 11:14 AM
I replaced my clutch slave cylinder the other week because my clutch pedal went to the floor on a few occassions and would only come up when I pulled it manually, it would then be ok for a short time before the same thing happened.
When I looked underneath the back of the car the fluid was dripping from the slave cylinder. I checked around the master cylinder for leaks too, but it seems ok.

Cheers,

James.

mutley
03-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Cheers guys,

I will be going to Honda for the clutch kit so if the flywheel is damaged it will be getting replaced anyway.

I did pull up the clutch pedal but now it is solid like a brake pedal. I'm all over the place this month so I won't get a chance to rip it all apart until august...........so my NSX is an expensive driveway ornament for now!

simonprelude
04-07-2006, 08:17 AM
If the NSX clutch is like the S2000 one then what you describe isn't a worn out clutch. (Or the Civic, Prelude, CRX.......)

The pedal will feel normal, but when you try to find the bite point, there isn't one.

Senninha
05-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Jim,

I dont know if you've checked these guys out for your clutch/flywheel? I have no personal experience of dealing with them but the pricing looks good at $1699 complete - thats about £900 I think?

http://www.racingparaphenalia.com/NSX_page.html

Hope this helps and it may revert your driveway ornament back to your daily driver a little sooner.

regards

mutley
05-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Thanks for your help guys, I forgot to add that I there is no drips or leaks of any fluid so that's a start.
Thanks Senninha for the priceing, I also found that the entire kit from SOS is $1395 wich works out at aroud £850.
I suppose I will have to rip it all apart and stop guessing, but being a busy bee that I am, it'll have to wait until August..........................all this fine weather too it's a bugger alright!!!

But I know the Clutch was slipping badly so that will have to be done, god kows what else will need done. I hope to be back to full serviceable by Christmas..........if not you know what to send me for xmas pressies !!!

Jim