PDA

View Full Version : Hello, me again! a few questions for you all:

AnArtist
28-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Due to some recent p*ss poor service and p*ss poor maintenance costs I think it is nearly time to depart from my lovely S8.
I had an introduction to an Exige S and an Elise a few weekends ago and now I yearn for a smaller, fun, capable and cheaper to run sports car. BUT there is no way I can live with one of them as my everyday car.
This is why I am asking these questions about the NSX:
1. Ground clearance: Does the front splitter thing hit everything 2 inches off the ground?
2. What are the most expensive costs for running an NSX? (what and how much and how often???)
3. Any NSX meets happening up north (Yorkshire/Cumbria ish) that I can gate-crash (at a distance)and pick brain cells?

NSX seems the only option for me now. (hopefully soon)

Cheers in advance... :D

ctrlaltdelboy
28-06-2006, 02:08 PM
1. No
2. Clutch and Tyres - try a search both here and at nsxprime.com for specifics on frequency and cost
3. 1st Tues of each month Squires Milkbar (http://www.squires-cafe.co.uk/) near Sherburn in Elmet - see events section for further details

britlude
28-06-2006, 04:33 PM
1. no, but if it does,the lower black lip on stock cars is 'flexible' plastic and sacrificial! speed humps are not a problem!

2. tyres, tho depends how hard you push, etc (mines auto, don't have to worry about clutches!

3. No idea, I'm darn sarf!

Senninha
28-06-2006, 04:40 PM
During my short ownership;

1. No under normal driving and speed bumps are not an issue. Only area where caution is needed is on/off steep ramps (say for underground parking scenario) due to the longish front overhang.

2. Tyres/clutches as above but of course will depend on your driving style. For example, Matt (The Quiet One) has over 10k on his goodyears and still going strong!!

3. As Britlude :lol: