PDA

View Full Version : can't believe it hasn't been mentioned ......

britlude
27-06-2016, 08:14 PM
NSX on top gear next week, july 3rd... we can mute the chris evans bits.... (whats the betting he'll be in a yellow t, dark jumper, badly fitting jeans and knackered old boots???)

havoc
27-06-2016, 09:14 PM
Given Rory's one-sided slating of the FK2 (hmm...drag race vs 2 4wd cars - of course that's a reasonable comparison!), I'm not holding my breath. If Monkey reviews it then I'll listen avidly. If Chris reviews it then I'm likely to start throwing things at the TV!

Pride
27-06-2016, 09:18 PM
It just has to do a 1min 20sec or less.

Ideally beating the 458 time of 1.19

https://goo.gl/images/BMXSI4

That is of course if HUK allow them to drive it on the track at all.:)

mjames75
28-06-2016, 10:08 PM
Make sure you all watch it :-)

Hagasan
28-06-2016, 10:40 PM
Make sure you all watch it :-)

Sounds like inside information or being on-site during filming ;)

Hagasan
29-06-2016, 12:49 AM
Given Rory's one-sided slating of the FK2 (hmm...drag race vs 2 4wd cars - of course that's a reasonable comparison!), I'm not holding my breath. If Monkey reviews it then I'll listen avidly. If Chris reviews it then I'm likely to start throwing things at the TV!
It's Harris testing it.. A grey one I believe?

NZNick
29-06-2016, 03:42 AM
Presumably, the tested car will be a pre-production model, not a "customer" car, or Honda UK's demo?

Pride
29-06-2016, 08:22 AM

Shame:( as it won't be the quickest one then.

marknsx
29-06-2016, 08:32 AM
Do we have any members on the list to buy one when released?

Pride
29-06-2016, 09:10 AM
Do we have any members on the list to buy one when released?

Yes, there are at least 3 on here I know of and probably more.

Nick Graves
29-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Rumour is that it's Monkey at Sonoma.

I shall watch it, of course.

Pride
30-06-2016, 06:37 PM

It actually looks more white than grey and it's right hand drive, (so much for being told at FOS that there's only one RHD made so far)

I just hope the stig is allowed to wring its neck out on a dry track instead of some bull***t about it being too valuable or "it's not the finished model" because we still have yet to see its true worth against other marques or actual road tested performance figures so this should be good.

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-gear-tv/weeks-tg-tv-ford-mustang-and-new-honda-nsx#1

And just to make it more interesting and very spicy the 911R is also tested on the show, this is said to be the greatest 911 ever made so it will be inevitably tested around the track.

Roll on the great showdown come Sunday evening.

HPGeezer
01-07-2016, 10:34 PM
You found someone at the FOS who knew something!!

i know of a few RHD drive cars, that's why I was pissed of at Taplow when they couldn't be bothered to bring one along , I mean we're only parting with 150-170k after all.

all the cars in Japan are RHD except for the one shown at the Tokyo motor show.

both cars at Goodwood were pre pro, hence the #0000 on the engine cover albeit the Nouvelle Blue one will be the HUK press car I guess.

the red and the white cars being shown on TopGear are both French registered, if like me you peeled away the NSX plate at Goodwood.

anyone get to sit / start one up at the FOS?

Pride
01-07-2016, 10:55 PM
anyone get to sit / start one up at the FOS?

You are joking of course, HUK treat these cars as if they are the most precious cars on the planet let alone at the FOS show.

I managed to sit in the Vulcan and one of the FXX cars in the Supercar paddock but asking to sit in the NSX I was told very abruptly "do you realise how rare this car is???"

Yet in contrast at Spa last month the German Honda employee in charge of a white one not only allowed me to sit in it but also start it up, rev it up and play and fiddle with all the controls while it was running.👍

HUK I'm sure are totally unaware of the PR damage they've created over the last 2 or 3 years to the public at this event.:(

havoc
02-07-2016, 05:07 PM
HUK do not care about the PR damage they've created over the last 2 or 3 years to the public at this event.:(

Edited for accuracy. I'm not sure HUK have ANY petrolheads left working for them...

HPGeezer
02-07-2016, 07:11 PM
Luckily they let me sit in the red one, play with everything (download the owners manual online ��) start it up, change modes, Rev it up a few times, move it forward nd back a couple of feet.

as a friend who worked at HUK said "it's not what you know it's who you blow" and as 90% of the senior staff there now appear to be "merchant bankers" it's not surprising we have an impending f.up looming.

there are a few petrolheads there still but alas I dare say their inputs into the NSX project will be none

you only have to look at the **** brochure produced complete with wrong information, misleading photographs, bad grammar and spelling mistakes.

oh I look forward so so much to spending my £165k

nobby
03-07-2016, 07:17 PM
well he liked it ... but then made a swipe at our cars :(

mutley
03-07-2016, 07:24 PM
Just watched it, and what can I say...... Is that it?? Not a fan of this version of Top Gear anyhoo, but that was a bit boring.

I thought they would have a little more of the old car beside it etc. As much as the new car will be fantastic (and I have no doubts about that , it will be) it just isn't firing my rockets at all. for 130K, I'd spend my money elsewhere.

Guess I'll be keeping my old one a while yet.

Cheers
Jim

Pride
03-07-2016, 07:24 PM
What a fantastic rTop Gear review and for a change on a dry track to fully exploit its potential just a shame the carrot top presenter said it was like a sail boat floating round the corners.

Best of all though it was quicker than the 458  and as quick as a Koenigsegg, now that really is impressive 

3 cheers for the new NSX 

Problem Child
03-07-2016, 07:25 PM
well he liked it ... but then made a swipe at our cars :(

I must have missed that...what did he say?

nobby
03-07-2016, 07:29 PM
when le blanc asked about it after the main vid ... said he never was never fussed on drive of original

Pride
03-07-2016, 07:29 PM

He was never a great fan of the NA1 but loved this new recarnation.

Each there own I suppose.

Pride
03-07-2016, 07:34 PM
And I also spotted that it was the 2nd fastest road car ever tested and only 1 tenth behind the AMG.

Hope the new 911R will be slower as that really will make my evening.

Only Iceland beating France would be better.:)

mjames75
03-07-2016, 08:10 PM
Was my car on Top Gear, on the day they all said they loved it! Also, Chris went onto say its snappy when it goes, they were shocked by my mileage and condition! Shows how edited the show is

havoc
03-07-2016, 08:59 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble Clive, it was >2s behind the R8 Plus and the Huracan (and the 12C - you could see the top of the list about 10-15s earlier in the show)...just goes to show you can't fully disguise weight on a track, I guess.

Monkey has always preferred 'expressive' cars, and the NA1/2 has never been a natural oversteerer. Still respect his opinion...he's one of the best journos in the country and probably THE best driver/journo combination...

Senninha
03-07-2016, 09:03 PM
There is just no pleasing some people ... So what if Chris doesn't particularly like the NA1 or 2 ... He isn't testing it! His job was to test the new NSX ... And importantly he was allowed to play ... Full throttle launch, jumping over curbs and drifting at full speed to show how good it is if you have the car craft to exploit it ....

and for those who weren't listening ...

"calibrated by people who care about driving"

"it's dripping with character, there's nothing else quite like it"

"it's really special"

and the slam dunk sales message that Honda must have been praying for and Chris delivered ....

"don't think of the NSX as an expensive Honda, think of it as a cut price Porsche 918"

" it's a machine that's greater than the sum of its parts" .... Now isn't that what the journo's said about our cars back in the day?

Well done Honda, good luck to all on the waiting list, enjoy the new NSX

havoc
03-07-2016, 09:17 PM
and the slam dunk sales message the Honda must have been praying for and Chris delivered ....

"don't think of the NSX as an expensive Honda, think of it as a cut price Porsche 918"
If that was aimed at me wasn't slating his review - it was very clear he liked the NC1, and his comment about the 918 echoes the hopes I put on the Ted Klaus thread on PH.

(I was just toning down Clive's enthusiasm about the lap...)

PS - am I the only one who thought tonight's episode was actually rather good and overall up to the standards of the old crew? Even Chris Evans was less Chris Evans'y than usual...

nobby
03-07-2016, 09:27 PM
Episode was good bar the stupid boring star segment which I have not watched in years and the last 10 mins were cringe worthy

not a big fan of Harris ... His delivery is monotone at best and his reviews are very samey

as for the new NSX so glad it's living up to be a good car; the segment made me miss even more why I was drawn to the H badge ... I really wish they can push on from here and be a great car maker again ... Without the need of HUk

Pride
03-07-2016, 09:35 PM

PS - am I the only one who thought tonight's episode was actually rather good and overall up to the standards of the old crew? Even Chris Evans was less Chris Evans'y than usual...

As you can tell Martin I thought it was a great feature for the car with a lot of positives and the reason Chris wasn't so Evans'y is because that's probably his last show (thank god) if you believe all the media.

Le blanc was superb yet again and even put total sense back into the program when talking about the 911R when explaining its not all about super fast electronics that makes a car enjoyable to drive.

Senninha
03-07-2016, 09:54 PM
Le blanc put total sense back into the program when talking about the 911R when explaining its not all about super fast electronics that makes a car enjoyable to drive.

having spent the weekend driving the NSX I did appreciate Matt's comments ... Which compliments my strap line

Nick Graves
04-07-2016, 07:31 AM
If that was aimed at me wasn't slating his review - it was very clear he liked the NC1, and his comment about the 918 echoes the hopes I put on the Ted Klaus thread on PH.

Agreed, partly.

Except the NSX bit went on about how Ayrton F Senna made pistons before the war and went on to make robots posthumously. Same old canard.

And the latest version of the 911 with the black ashtray instead on a chrome one seemed to go on longer than the one about probably the most seminal new supercar since the econazis invaded the free world. But that's to be expected.

NSXGB
04-07-2016, 11:11 AM
Was my car on Top Gear, on the day they all said they loved it! Also, Chris went onto say its snappy when it goes, they were shocked by my mileage and condition! Shows how edited the show is

It was there Mike, looking very shiny.

marknsx
04-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Chris Evans has quit TG. Hooray

nobby
04-07-2016, 03:16 PM
Irrelevant... The show is finished as a format and firing Evans is the least of their problems
TBH the rest of them ain't much better with their scripted lines ... Eddie Jordan is woeful and I thought he was not too bad re F1 punditry

NSXGB
04-07-2016, 03:44 PM
Not really watched it for years but it always was very scripted, never natural. The old mob had just been doing it for longer and were slightly better than the new guys, I'm sure they'll get better as time goes on...

EJ is someone you love to hate, quite missing the F1 line-up with DC and Suzi Perry with EJ as the 'fall guy'. Steve Jones has no clue!

Pride
04-07-2016, 05:19 PM
As you can tell Martin I thought it was a great feature for the car with a lot of positives and the reason Chris wasn't so Evans'y is because that's probably his last show (thank god) if you believe all the media.

Le blanc was superb yet again and even put total sense back into the program when talking about the 911R when explaining its not all about super fast electronics that makes a car enjoyable to drive.

And Evans'y now looks as if he's about to be questioned by police over historical sex allegations. :(

http://www.theweek.co.uk/top-gear/65189/chris-evans-will-not-be-replaced-after-quitting-as-top-gear-host

marknsx
04-07-2016, 05:25 PM
Time to retire TG?
I wouldn't miss it. I don't miss the previous and the new version is a poor. However, I suspect that the BBC won't let go yet.
On the upside I have enjoyed Sabine, Germany's finest and the Urbane Matt Le Blanc.
Maybe its time to start reviewing the Astra and the Jazz etc.

Pride
04-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Time to retire TG?
Maybe its time to start reviewing the Astra and the Jazz etc.

I would still like to see it maintained but with someone we all respect and who doesn't keep shouting high pitched down the mic. 🙉

Matt Leblanc would be perfect as the main host imho and as for the Jazz it was reviewed just before the new NSX :)

Senninha
05-07-2016, 08:05 AM
So Chris has stood down, despite the programme improving over the series ...

The main complaint appears to be the tone of his presentation, all a bit to "shouty" ....

Am I the only that hopes the screaming German follows him out the door ... The most annoying presenter ever IMO, let her stick to competing, ring demos and running Pistonklaus but please, do not keep her on Top Gear!!

I would like to see Rory, Matt and Chris H co-host the next series, And they can save tax payers money by letting the spoon player go too. These 3 appear to have grown into their roles over the series, sounding far less scripted as the weeks have passed.

Thanx to Mr Evans for taking the challenge, and for keeping the show on air, and for updating the format. For those that enjoy a car show on a Sunday evening, he is at least due the thanx for preserving Top Gear.

WhyOne?
05-07-2016, 08:14 AM
........... For those that enjoy a car show on a Sunday evening, he is at least due the thanx for preserving Top Gear.

Top Gear is such a cash-cow for the BBC it was always going to continue IMHO, Evans or no Evans. He'll therefore be getting no thanks from me! ;)

L696ULO
05-07-2016, 12:22 PM
The main complaint appears to be the tone of his presentation, all a bit to "shouty" ....

and what about the 'One Direction' jeans and footwear wardrobe?

NZNick
05-07-2016, 12:40 PM
I would like to see Rory, Matt and Chris H co-host the next series, And they can save tax payers money by letting the spoon player go too. These 3 appear to have grown into their roles over the series, sounding far less scripted as the weeks have passed.

Thanx to Mr Evans for taking the challenge, and for keeping the show on air, and for updating the format. For those that enjoy a car show on a Sunday evening, he is at least due the thanx for preserving Top Gear.

^ This.

The new NSX review of a pre-production model was almost entirely positive - Harris was really enjoying driving it hard in the wet. The crucial statement he made was the comparison to the 918. Nice to hear Evans and Le Blanc respecting the first NSX, even if this was scripted by Honda!

i say bring back Chris Goffey for real world car reviews, drop the rally cross section, and stop trying to emulate Clarkson.
in fact why not add Danny Goffey (see above) for a dads 'n kids in cars segment....... (Only partly joking).....

i watched this episode on BBC America as I am on vacation here - the program that followed was called Extra Gear - a sort of behind the scenes with extras - do you get this in the UK?

NSX 2000
05-07-2016, 03:02 PM
^ This.

The new NSX review of a pre-production model was almost entirely positive - Harris was really enjoying driving it hard in the wet. The crucial statement he made was the comparison to the 918. Nice to hear Evans and Le Blanc respecting the first NSX, even if this was scripted by Honda!

i say bring back Chris Goffey for real world car reviews, drop the rally cross section, and stop trying to emulate Clarkson.
in fact why not add Danny Goffey (see above) for a dads 'n kids in cars segment....... (Only partly joking).....

i watched this episode on BBC America as I am on vacation here - the program that followed was called Extra Gear - a sort of behind the scenes with extras - do you get this in the UK?

Yes we get Extra Gear, but you have to go on line to watch it.

Talking of Chris Goffey, my best mate went out with his daughter for a while, apparentley he was as boring a dad as he was a presenter :D

Pride
05-07-2016, 04:15 PM
Talking of Chris Goffey, my best mate went out with his daughter for a while, apparentley he was as boring a dad as he was a presenter :D

And I worked with him for a short time in the early eighties and he was not only yawningly boring he also had a surprising lack of mechanical knowledge.👎

Problem Child
05-07-2016, 04:26 PM
And I worked with him for a short time in the early eighties and he was not only yawningly boring he also had a surprising lack of mechanical knowledge.

What didn't he know about LEDs and flame throwers?

Pride
05-07-2016, 04:50 PM
What didn't he know about LEDs and flame throwers?

They didn't exists then :)

marknsx
05-07-2016, 04:50 PM
he has not aged well, unlike myself.

Pride
05-07-2016, 04:52 PM
he has not aged well, unlike myself.

Thats because he was never up for a bit of fun, always to serious unlike us lot.:D

marknsx
05-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Id have fun if i can get the evaporator sorted!!

Senninha
05-07-2016, 06:37 PM
and what about the 'One Direction' jeans and footwear wardrobe?

No one complains that all the Stigs share the same overalls week after week ;o)

unclebob
06-07-2016, 01:45 PM
why do you need air con anyway for goodness sake its England not the med or the tropics! cant understand why they ever put aircon on ukdm cars? take all that junk off and reduce the weight slightly and you'll end up with a slightly lighter faster car!:)

marknsx
06-07-2016, 03:58 PM
Splendid idea! It seems too much importance is put on such things. I will also dispose of the roof and boot lid;)

Kaz-kzukNA1
06-07-2016, 11:05 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/13561995_143698012720697_1353738411_n.jpg?ig_cache _key=MTI4ODM3MjgxMjUzNjc0OTQ4Mw%3D%3D.2

(https://
<br /> <br /> A photo posted by Honda UK (@hondaukcars) on Jul 6, 2016 at 4:53am PDT<br /> <br /> )https://www.instagram.com/p/BHhOD81hh2r/?taken-by=hondaukcars

https://scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/13534173_1751454271799817_1918640982_n.jpg?ig_cach e_key=MTI4ODI3ODM4MDUyNTM3MTgxOA%3D%3D.2

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHg4LdBBmKo/?taken-by=fernandoalo_oficial

Kaz

marknsx
06-07-2016, 11:14 PM
Great pics!

NSXGB
07-07-2016, 06:01 AM
Story here: http://world.honda.com/worldnews/2016/4160706McLaren-Honda-Fernando-Alonso-NSX.html?from=r