PDA

View Full Version : OS InteriorDoor Handle

Paul G
27-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Well, after 5 years of driving I guess something had to break :!: worst thing is I got my mate to move my car and somehow he managed to break the OS interior door handle :cry:

Any body got a spare handle just lying around? I think it comes with a metal bracket on the back? Trim colour.. well I guess it could be called black/ grey

Thanks in advance

PG

kowalski
27-06-2006, 11:39 AM
I broke my handle a couple of years ago, I think Honda wanted about £200 for a new one, ended up buying the "door fix it thingies" from Dali which fixed it, quite an easy job to do yourself.

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1001

Thats for a pair, but sell seperately

leigh

Paul G
27-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Thanks Leigh,

My car is in the Honda dealership today, I'll see if that's the problem, I've been told that you cant get the part seperatley but something tells me you could be right :lol: fingers crossed

Thanks for the link

PG

kowalski
27-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Strangely enough thats what they told me!

I always take anything the garage tells me with a pinch of salt!

leigh

britlude
27-06-2006, 03:50 PM
the door pull cable stretches (there is adjustment slots where the cable attaches to the door handle) and gets to a point where the door handle runs out of travel before the door releases.. I suspect you got use to where the point where the door 'opened', at the handle limit, whereas your mate didn't and just gave an extra tug, rather than a gentle lean!

get the 'fixit thingy' or if you are so inclined, as the arm that breaks is made of aluminium, it can be fixed with 'lumiweld'... I know, I did mine. Dont forget to adjust the cable when it all goes back together!

forumadmin
27-06-2006, 09:35 PM
You can't get a replacement part from Honda. It is the whole handle from them, at something more like £300. The 'fixit' parts are available as they are not made by Honda.

I noticed on one NSX that the handle part was cracked and pointed it out to the owner. Sure enough the handle snapped a few weeks later.

Everyone now, go and check your handles for cracks.

Try Dirk in the vendor section for a used one if you want.

Paul G
28-06-2006, 08:36 AM
Thanks for all info, very helpful.

As you say the handle is only availble from Honda as a complete item with a cost of £385.00 plus VAT :!: looks like I'll have to remember my PAYPAL password and get one shipped over at the bargain price of $40.00 :lol:

I reckon that leaves me around £380.00 to spend on something else..hmm, what can you do with £380.00?

Thanks again

PG