PDA

View Full Version : Potential high-quality replacement/upgrade steering rack - NSX Prime thread

havoc
08-06-2016, 08:47 PM
Has anyone else seen this thread on Prime. Looks very interesting, IF they make a RHD version too. I've asked for clarity on that, but the EPS is the one bit of the NSX's dynamic ability I've never been 100% happy with, so this could be a rather useful 'upgrade'...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/195958-Variable-Manual-Rack-Feel-a-little-F1-tech-in-your-hands?highlight=pas+AND+steering+AND+hydraulic

Thoughts? Especially from the technical experts on here.

Pride
09-06-2016, 06:29 AM
Just read the Prime link and it looks very interesting. From what I've read nearly every possibility and query has been answered and addressed and I would like to be added to the list.
Just one question though, presumably once fitted can the origanol rack be easily reinstalled if wanting to revert back to oem???

havoc
09-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Worth asking the question, but I don't see why not - most well-thought-out mods are designed to attach to existing hardpoints, there's only a few (AST suspension step forward and take a kicking) that require you to butcher OEM parts.

Oh, and they've suggested they can do RHD. At a proposed price of $2k if low volume, much lower if high demand, I'm rather interested in this...

Sudesh
12-06-2016, 03:03 PM
We'll have to agree in this response; as I notice there are more people just "jumping" on and using" the site it's not even an expensive site to registere too...

If it was me, I'd like my my Refresh Thread Deleated or in some way, only visibly to registered me members. As I surtenly don't make a living from NSX work, never did......

Pride
12-06-2016, 03:45 PM
We'll have to agree in this response; as I notice there are more people just "jumping" on and using" the site it's not even an expensive site to registere too...

If it was me, I'd like my my Refresh Thread Deleated or in some way, only visibly to registered me members. As I surtenly don't make a living from NSX work, never did......

What a great idea Sudesh, I've often thought that myself, in fact I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before as the quality you guys put in deserves to be charged for I think.

In fact I'm sure many NSX owners both home and abroad who don't actually subscribe to this forum, yet still read these entries for information on their cars along with, no doubt, Honda dealers, should pay to read them.

By putting both Britludes and your refresh/build threads along with Kaz's fantastic extensive technical blog into the club only section therefore canonly viewed by paying club members. That would instantly give our "new" club the much needed funds to attend many other events through out the year as well as offering a range of club clothing, which at present we can't afford to do.

What do you think Kaz???

Maybe a good idea to discuss at the "AGM" during Silverstone weekend, which unfortunately I can't attend this year.

Point in case, Kaz's latest blog entry:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?1788-Cooling-Sys-Health-Check-etc-09

Anyone would pay good money for that info.

And ironically another point in case just cropped up:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?13959-Got-my-car-in-to-Kaz-at-last

Sudesh
12-06-2016, 08:37 PM
Thank you kindly.... I no longer own an NSX, Have Diablo and maybe Zonda......but wil, pay my wage here ...Unfortunately here in Irealand, NSX is Vere very rare as batman lol. Still work on them if needed, no profit maded unless client want to give money. Sorry if gamer us bad, I'm not but to full health....

Sudesh
13-06-2016, 12:07 AM
Thank you pride...... Due to health, my speaking not great anymore......Some owners no so.