PDA

View Full Version : JB to drive new NSX at Festival of Speed

WhyOne?
20-05-2016, 03:55 PM
Hopefully the car will turn a wheel at this year's FoS:
https://www.goodwood.com/grrc/event-coverage/festival-of-speed/2016/5/jenson-button-to-drive-new-honda-nsx-at-fos/

Pride
20-05-2016, 04:56 PM
Hopefully the car will turn a wheel at this year's FoS:
https://www.goodwood.com/grrc/event-coverage/festival-of-speed/2016/5/jenson-button-to-drive-new-honda-nsx-at-fos/

Not that old chestnut again........ We've all fallen for this for that the last 3 years:(

But having at last seen it on the euro tour and then driving along side it, behind it, in front of it and then listening to it in the tunnel runs (not very loud) for about 100 miles or so I wonder if Honda uk will allow the driver to at last put it into Sports+ mode because the Spa driver told me last Sunday that he still wasn't allowed to engage that mode as only 4 or 5 European samples were available, strange that the potential still couldn't be unleashed but hopefully it will be on the hill.😎

NZNick
21-05-2016, 01:13 AM
This year I think he'll do it - give it some beans and show that the new NSX is (nearly) a Porsche 918 for a lot less dosh, with some fancy new tech Porsche wish they had thought up!

HPGeezer
23-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Well the FOS says he will be taking it up the hill

will it be HUK's Nouvelle Blue press car ?
will it be another mule?
will it run all 4 days?

will we actually be sent our FOS hospitality tickets?
will any numpty there actually know anything about it?

how many losers will be trying to claim they have one on order but weren't invited to spec it recently?

will they be sending out our brochure and info packs beforehand?

H hold
O on
N no
D decision
A available

��

Pride
23-05-2016, 08:42 PM
Well the FOS says he will be taking it up the hill

will it be HUK's Nouvelle Blue press car ?
will it be another mule?
will it run all 4 days?

will we actually be sent our FOS hospitality tickets?
will any numpty there actually know anything about it?

how many losers will be trying to claim they have one on order but weren't invited to spec it recently?

will they be sending out our brochure and info packs beforehand?

H hold
O on
N no
D decision
A available

😎
H hold
O on
N no
D decision
A available

N not
S since
X eXposed

:)

WhyOne?
24-05-2016, 06:54 AM
Well the FOS says he will be taking it up the hill.....

This is indeed true.

But then Goodwood have been saying that the new NSX will be running up the hill for the last 3 years.

I strongly suspect that Goodwood don't put these announcements out based on pure speculation.

Pride
24-05-2016, 08:36 AM
I strongly suspect that Goodwood don't put these announcements out based on pure speculation.

Don't kid yourself, the advertising media would say anything to try and pull you in.

NSX 2000
24-05-2016, 11:35 AM
My understaing is it (a NC1 NSX) will be there, and it will be driven up the hill by various racing drivers with links to Honda of which Jenson is one. Apprantley they are even going to let Flash in it!

WhyOne?
24-05-2016, 03:55 PM
Don't kid yourself, the advertising media would say anything to try and pull you in.

I'm not 'kidding myself' for a moment.

I know for a fact that Goodwood do not make announcements regarding the content of their events unless they have a very high level of confidence.

Pride
24-05-2016, 04:47 PM
I know for a fact that Goodwood do not make announcements regarding the content of their events unless they have a very high level of confidence.

And I also know for a fact that when Goodwood don't make bold advertising statements about what's going to be shown their media teams "big up" all other possibilities what might be on, having been a member of the GRRC for many years and knowing how they operate I will only believe when I see it.

HPGeezer
24-05-2016, 06:30 PM
And I know for a fact that I haven't yet been asked which day I would like my hospitality tickets.
maybe we should all email Honda UK and ask them

but then again I know for a fact that 1 week before the event will be as early as we get offered them

NZNick
08-06-2016, 08:38 AM
There is a competition to win a passenger ride in the new NSX at Goodwood on Sunday 26th:

apps.honda.co.uk/campaigns/2016/NSX (http://apps.honda.co.uk/campaigns/2016/NSX)

can't be there myself, as I'll be in Chicago.

goldnsx
08-06-2016, 01:13 PM
They state 0-62 in less than three seconds but we haven't heard any definite numbers from Honda yet. :)

Pride
08-06-2016, 02:16 PM
They state 0-62 in less than three seconds but we haven't heard any definite numbers from Honda yet. :)

Yes I know and I'm amazed that it hasn't still been thoroughly tested by the likes of Road and Track to give definitive figures.